Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

Recipe Request

Does anyone have the recipe for salmon and angel hair pasta? I thought I had it, but can't find it. I received a large gift of salmon, smoked and otherwise and am thinking about this entree, which used to show up at lunch, IIRC.

Thanks!

Carnival"s new fee program:

"For $49.95 per cabin, regardless of the number of occupants, all passengers in that cabin will receive Faster to the Fun benefits, which also include priority dinner seatings and tender availability, choice of early or late debarkation, and express access to the ships' guest services desk for assistance during the cruise."

So... let me think about this...... for a fee I can be treated like "special cattle" and not have to wait in the normal bull pen. Wow!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

>"the 2012 Cruise International Awards were announced this week. Winners included Carnival Cruises, which was named "Best Cruise Line", Viking River Cruises (Best River Cruise Line), Seabourn (Best Luxury Cruise Line), Cunard (Best Food), Disney Cruise Line (Best For Kids), Royal Caribbean (Best for Activities) and Fred Olsen (Best for Learning)"

Thank you Jane for posting this.

We loved Venice when we were there last month and plan to return. This article just ensured it wont be for just a few days but a week at least.

Julie

One of the funniest but worrying experiance I have had was on a P&O cruise in the 90`s. The crew were doing there rescue practise and threw the dummy overboard. They then threw a life belt after it and promptly knocked the dummies head off. They then lauched a boat to rescue it but the engine failed and it started to drift so the tried to row but obviously had no experiance and were going round in circles.They then had to launch a second boat to rescue the first one.

It was like watching the keystone cops it was so funny, although the officers in charge did not see it that way, but afterwards it made you really fear what would have happened in a real emergancy. I am sure thing are much better now :D

One of the funniest but worrying experiance I have had was on a P&O cruise in the 90`s. The crew were doing there rescue practise and threw the dummy overboard. They then threw a life belt after it and promptly knocked the dummies head off. They then lauched a boat to rescue it but the engine failed and it started to drift so the tried to row but obviously had no experiance and were going round in circles.They then had to launch a second boat to rescue the first one.

It was like watching the keystone cops it was so funny, although the officers in charge did not see it that way, but afterwards it made you really fear what would have happened in a real emergancy. I am sure thing are much better now :D

That is hilarious! Wish I had been there!

Here is a note from her daughter about our Marja. I know many of you have wondered. She was in Ireland at her home, then getting ready for a Seabourn cruise, which she has had to postpone.

>Dear friends,

As some of you might know, my mom Marja was taken to hospital on thursday the 20th suffering inhumane stomach pain and experienced urgent surgical operation three days later. surgery removed a very sick colon. A heavy operation especially because of my moms health at this moment. We are all happy operation went well and know she need time to recover. This again is a very heavy load after the diagnosis end of june for her (and for us.) We all hope to have her home soon."

Thank you for posting this Jane, I had not noticed it on facebook, but had been thinking of Marja and wondering how she was.

So many people will be sending good vibes to her and hope she does not have too long to wait until she is sailing again.

• 2 weeks later...