I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

I will not be able to post here the next 5 days because i will attend Roskilde Festival from Tomorrow and until Sunday, so last change to get a reply from my will be tonight.

And remember if you are over 60 years old you can get in at the festival for free on Sunday.

Here is the schedule if any of you are interested.

http://roskilde-festival.dk/uk/music/band_schedule/date/1341759600/

Its sadly a town i don´t visit very much because Malmö is more convenient placed compared to Helsingborg.

But i was in Helsingborg when they hosted the semi final of the UEFA Under 21 championship between Germany and Italy back in 2009.

It was a great match with players like Neuer, ôzil, Höwedes, Boateng, Hummels and Khedira for Germany and Balotelli, Abate and Acquafresca among others for Italy

Its sadly a town i don´t visit very much because Malmö is more convenient placed compared to Helsingborg.

But i was in Helsingborg when they hosted the semi final of the UEFA Under 21 championship between Germany and Italy back in 2009.

Yes you're right and it's a pity! ...but our politicians are working on it... To place Helsingborg on the world map they call it. I guess you've heard of 'the Salt Cristalls' haha... Lol

403837.jpg

>

YEW4krpJyAYgNDUWG6fm.jpg

Can you come back and tell us about the Clarion Neptune hotel? I was thinking either the Clarion Mayfair or the Neptune hotels.

I will be happy to do so.

@ saxndog

Roskilde is a very nice town and so is the viking ship museum.

The Frederiksborg/Kronborg combo is indeed nice and now is the museums at Kronborg included in the Copenhagen Card so its a even better option now.

And do not forget that Fredensborg Castle is located on the railwayline between Hillerød (Frederiksborg) and Helsingør (Kronborg).

@ terpla

It will also be nice to meet you :)

Some of the museums and attractions are located in clusters so i could imagine that between 3 and 5 museums on one day would be okay to do.

I have never been on a transatlantic flight so i don´t know how much affect it would have.

Its the Stromma (DFDS) canal tour that gives one trip on the card.

Sorry it took me a few days to thank you for your advice. Had eye surgery and then was away for the weekend, but better late than never Thanks so much.

I guess between the Tivoli, 3-5 museums and a canal ride we will get our money's worth on the card.

Hope getting together works out for our group.

Terpla, After a full day of work, we left Omaha around 6 pm for Chicago where we caught a 10 pm flight to Copenhagen which arrived around 1-2 pm. We did fairly well with resting on the flight over ... and mid-afternoon in Copenhagen was our morning. We would have been able to spend the afternoon touring, but instead we had to chase down a lost bag that we had misplaced at the airport. :-(

Danish Viking, if you make that transatlantic flight to the US, I'm sure you will have a lot of potential tour guides at the ready!

Thanks for your input, I guess jet lag can be different for everyone. I just hope I can sleep on the plane and be rested enough to do some sightseeing and then use the card for our full day the next day.

And if you wandered what museums and atractions that was located together they are as followed.

Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek.

Tivoli.

National Museum.

Town Hall with the tower.

Thorvaldsens museum.

Christiansborg with the castle ruins.

Amber Museum

Both canal tours

Amalienborg Palace.

Bothanical Garden and Museum.

National museum of contemporary art.

Rosenborg Castle with national treasure.

Kastellet fortress.

Resistance museum.

The Little Mermaid.

These are the ones I can think of now.

Attractions that are located for themselves.

Zoo.

Carlsberg Visitors centre.

Open Air Museum and Brede Works.

Danish Viking, we have been reading and learning so much from you about your city. Thank you for all the information and advice.

We will be arriving on Aug 30th about 7:30 am, after a night flight. We will have too much luggage to take a train and or a bus to our hotel. We are staying at the Clarion Neptun for 2 nights. I assume there will be taxis at the airport. Can you tell us how much a car would cost to the hotel. Also, if we need a van instead (if the luggage doesn't fit in a car), what would a van cost.

I search thru this thread and found a couple of different answers to this question:

Does the card start at first use? If I buy it al 10 am but don't use it until 1 pm how long is it good for?

Since you can buy it online and have it shipped to you, it seems like it begins at first use.

Can you use the card for more than 1 entrance to the same attraction?

18. januar 2012 19:00 - 3. september 2012 06:00

Linje 11A kører en anden rute ved Bernstorffsgade

Din bus linje 11A kører mod Hovedbanegården ad Polititorvet - Niels Brocks Gade - Ved Glyptoteket og Tietgensgade i stedet for den normale rute ad Bernstorffsgade. Følgende stoppesteder Bernstorffsgade/Tietgensgade kan ikke benyttes. Omlægningen gælder fra den 18-01-2012 kl 19:00 til den 03-09-2012 kl 6:00 mellem kl. 19-06. I weekenden d. 31.3-1.4 og d. 14.4-15.4 gælder det hele dagen. Det skyldes vejarbejde

Very sorry; you answered a question about this before, but now I can't find it. I translated the advisory above and the way google translated it is confusing. Does it mean that line 11A doesn't stop on Bernstorffsgade or Tietgensgade after 19:00 (7PM) on week days and all day on the weekend? I'm still not totally sure where the stop at the "police station" or Polititorvet is but I will find it - just need to know what the above advisory says so I can go to Bernstorffsgade or Polititorvet as appropriate! I believe it's giving the same advisory for other buses in the area (like the very useful 1A and the 66) so I want to make sure I understand the rerouting information. Thanks.

By the way, I vote for San Francisco if and when you get to the U.S. It's my favorite U.S. city. (I live in Washington DC, but used to travel to SF for work once a year. Never tired of it.) If you do go, however, don't just head down to Fisherman's Wharf and think that's San Francisco - trust me, it isn't!)

American changed our original departure flight from 10:30am on disembarkation to 2pm on August 30. We can't do a ship city tour since our flight has to be after 3pm.

Getting a ship transfer will mean many wasted and boring hours in the Admirals club at the airport.

Any suggestions on a private tour company who would be able to accommodate our luggage and provide a city overview from the port to the airport?

Also not sure which port Emerald Princess will dock at. All i know is that it is not the Langelier pier.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not Danish viking, and I don't know anything about private tours as I'm a DIYr. However, maybe this will help a tiny bit:

As to docking location, cmport.com is port web site for Copenhagen. I found my ship (not Princess) there and dock location. The other port is just a bit north of Langelinie, and I'm sure there will be cabs galore - just not sure if any can do a tour. I would guess that would be expensive, also. If nothing else, maybe you could take a cab to the Central Station (Kobenhavn H I believe it's called), put your bags in lockers there, and walk across the street to Tivoli &/or Ny Carlsburg Glyptotek (huge art museum - close by) - or walk down to the Marriott (not far) and find the Stromma hop on hop off boat stop. The boat goes by a lot of places of interest (stromma.dk, I believe). I don't fly out of Stockholm until 3 pm disembarkation day, so I am planning to do something similar in Stockholm when I disembark - and I plan to ask for an early disembarkation to allow plenty of time to do one or two things in Stockholm and still have time to get to airport the required 2 or 3 hours early. Wish I could wait in the admirals lounge....but watching people running for their planes will have to do!

Anyway, make sure places you go in CPH, especially train station lockers, boat, and Glytotek will accept something other than Danish kroner, and if you want to use a chipless, pinless credit card, make sure it will be accepted. I think Tivoli is ok, and cabs are ok, but not sure of the rest!

American changed our original departure flight from 10:30am on disembarkation to 2pm on August 30. We can't do a ship city tour since our flight has to be after 3pm.

Getting a ship transfer will mean many wasted and boring hours in the Admirals club at the airport.

Any suggestions on a private tour company who would be able to accommodate our luggage and provide a city overview from the port to the airport?

Also not sure which port Emerald Princess will dock at. All i know is that it is not the Langelier pier.

Thanks in advance.

Private Shore Trips, http://www.privateshoretrips.com/copenhagen.htmlT, will pick you up at the port, take you on a tour, and then drop you off at the airport, but I think they are rather expensive. We were going to go this route and have them drop us off at a hotel in Dragor, but then changed our hotel to one in the city.

Danish Viking or anyone else, do you know of taxis that I can "reserve" or "call for" to be at the cruise ship port? Or do you know of car services that I can hire. I'm worried about there being many people in line for regular cabs.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Private Shore Trips, http://www.privateshoretrips.com/copenhagen.html, will pick you up at the port, take you on a tour, and then drop you off at the airport, but I think they are rather expensive. We were going to go this route and have them drop us off at a hotel in Dragor, but then changed our hotel to one in the city.

EDITED:There was an extra T after the link. I took it off.

I'm back after the festival :D

I'm guessing that most of your guys are Americans and i can tell that i had a wonderful time with your fellow Americans Mac Miller, Jack White and Bruce Springsteen and what i saw of Dr John was good.

Royce da 5 9 was however pretty bad.

For the english people I can tell that The Cure was awesome.

I did of course see alot of other bands but these where the American and english performers that i saw.

I do need some sleep now and will get back to you with the answers tomorrow.

We missed you, but glad you had a great time. I'm ashamed to admit I've never heard of Royce da 5 9 or Mac Millar - but if they're rap, I wouldn't - I'm a 61 year old lady who barely goes out to hear music anymore, and rap in particular leaves me bored to tears! However, I'm a long time Bruce Springsteen fan, from back when he played in a small nightclub around here. I once met him (through my boyfriend at the time, who booked him in the small nightclub) and while I haven't seen him perform in a while, hopefully he put on a show that was half as good as he used to. I'm familiar with Dr. John, though never seen him, and I DO like the Cure a lot. I've heard of Jack White but that's about it.

At Tivoli the night we're in Copenhagen overnight (a Friday) Tim Christiansen and the Damn Crystals are playing. It looks promising, and since it's included in admission price, I plan to go. Do you know anything about him?

@ roothy123

Jack White was a member in the band The White Stripes with his sister Meg White and they had their biggest hit with Seven Nation Army that is easily the biggest song of the last decade.

He was also part of The Raconteurs that had a big hit with Steady As She Goes and The Dead Weather but this was a solo concert with his new album Blunderbuzz but also the biggest songs from his former groups.

Here is my homemade map of the detour,its not that long bot it will take a few minutes more to get around.

http://map.krak.dk/m/9t4l5

@ cruzingduo

Around 250-300 foir the taxi trip.

The CPH Card is validated when you use it the first time.

I don´t know of any other limits to the card other than the one canal tour per day.

@ Sweatergirl142

These are the one i can think about, the taxi fares a fixed so the kilometer price and starting fee is the same.

But it is 13 DKK more expensive to order a taxi than getting one from the street. (37 in starting fee instead of 24).

So around half the price seems more reasonable.

http://www.taxinaevn.dk/takster

Amager Øbro Taxa

+45 32515151

Dan Taxi

+45 70252525

@ roothy123

Tim Christensen has in the recent 10 years time played more romantic songs but his new band The Damn Crystals is a slightly more rock´ish version of that.

But expect him to play some songs from his young grunge days in Dizzy Mizz Lizzy, expect somgs like Waterline, Silverflame, Love Is A Losers Game and Barbedwired Babys Dream.

Danish Viking or anyone else, do you know of taxis that I can "reserve" or "call for" to be at the cruise ship port? Or do you know of car services that I can hire. I'm worried about there being many people in line for regular cabs.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

We returned from Copenhagen last week. We did not reserve a taxi and there were plenty at the airport. We waited less than 5 minutes in line and the taxi fare to the airport was 265DKK (there were two of us). Also for those interested, our fare from the Marriott to the port (Freeport) was 133DKK (It was a Sunday).

@ Moose Tracks

Airport to Kongens Nytorv 3 zones x 4 = 12 zones

Kongens Nytorv to Nordhavn 2 zones x 4 = 8 zones

Nordhavn to Kongens Nytorv 2 zones x 4 = 8 zones

Kongens Nytorv to airport 3 zones x 4 = 12 zones

all klippekort/clipcard has 10 clips and luckily the 4 zone clip card at 240 DKK suits your needs perfectly.

first trip = 3 clips

second trip = 2 clip

third trip = 2 clips

fourth trip = 3 clips

The same trips using single tickets would be 480 DKK but with the klippekort only 240 DKK

We just returned from our cruise and had a great time in Copenhagen. Danish Viking...thanks so much for your directions for purchasing our tickets...it worked out perfectly. It was so easy to use the public transport for getting from the airport to hotel and then to cruise ship. It certainly saved us a lot of money over using taxis.

Lynn

We returned from Copenhagen last week. We did not reserve a taxi and there were plenty at the airport. We waited less than 5 minutes in line and the taxi fare to the airport was 265DKK (there were two of us). Also for those interested, our fare from the Marriott to the port (Freeport) was 133DKK (It was a Sunday).

Thanks for the info. We're still debating whether to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel (Marriott) or public transportation, which might be difficult with suitcases and jetlag. The price you quoted for the two of you (265 DKK) - can I assume that was either from the airport to the Marriott or vice versa? Thanks.

@ roothy123

Jack White was a member in the band The White Stripes with his sister Meg White and they had their biggest hit with Seven Nation Army that is easily the biggest song of the last decade.

Here is my homemade map of the detour,its not that long bot it will take a few minutes more to get around.

http://map.krak.dk/m/9t4l5

http://www.taxinaevn.dk/takster

Danish Viking, thanks for the "krak" map - have not seen one of those, and like it - better than google maps, which are great but color-free, and color helps me to see parks vs. buildings, etc. I went back to the Danish (original) version of the krak map and moved the man around to see parts of Kobenhavn I was interested in. It was a little more cumbersome than moving the man around on google maps' version, but certainly worthwhile!

Thanks also for the Tim C. and taxi and klippekort info you've been providing!

Archived