I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Danish Viking, you are the best! Thank you so much for all your guidance, our time spent in Copenhagen will be following your lead and learning about your home. We are leaving in the morning and wish you well, hope your garden furniture sale was successful, and we will look for you again upon our return.

. . . and many thanks to everyone who has graciously contributed a wealth of information and shared their personal experiences and fantastic photos.

Happy Travelling . . .

Danish Viking thanks so much for being here for our help, you have the patience of a saint.

My question is this. A friend of mine is staying at

Hotel Bethel hjemmesiden in Nyhaven and we are staying at the Scandic Palace Hotel and we would like to meet for dinner. Can you recommend a place not too pricey but good food between the two.

Thanks in advance,

@ azgreatdeals

Here is Tivoli´s official restaurant guide.

http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-6574.htm

And here is AOK´s guide over the restaurants in Nyhavn, the guide is in danish but i think that google translate could help you.

Nyhavns Færgekro is recommended.

http://www.aok.dk/soeg#what:Restaurant%20og%20caf%C3%A9;where::Indre%20By;query:nyhavn;source_1_page:1

@ Terpla

Look at the aok link above.

Hi Danish Viking -

You may have answered this already, but I can't find it.

If I buy a 10 clip card and I want to go to somewhere that is 2 zones, I would clip one ticket and it is valid for one hour. Does that mean all the other 9 tickets are only valid from the time I clipped the FIRST ticket? Or is each ticket valid from the time I clip each individual one?

Hi, Danish Viking,

Thank you for your help on all this Copenhagen information. I asked a couple of weeks ago about hotel recommendations and you suggested the Nyhaven area as a good choice, so we have ended up booked at the Scandic Front for two nights pre-cruise.

I have tried to read back and figure things out for myself but I am still somewhat confused.

I will be arriving at the airport early morning on Monday, Aug 27th.

To get from the airport to the hotel, I am thinking I take the train to Norreport then switch to the metro to get to Kongens Nytorv. From there I am not sure how to proceed.

Is there a bus that will get me closer to the hotel? I don't mind walking usually, but at this point I will be alone, with a large suitcase, a bag of camera equipment and a small carry-on and coming off about 26 hours of travelling so I'm not sure I will be up for a 10 block walk lugging all that stuff.

would it be possible to get a taxi from the Norreport train station or will it be hard to find one there?

Any suggestions you can make of how to get from the airport to the hotel, without paying a fortune, or being totally exhausted would be appreciated.

ETA: I just noticed your suggestion to avoid Norreport station...oh oh , now what?

You can choose to only use one clip at a time so in theory you will have 10 trips in the inner city or less if you use it outside the city where more zones are needed.

Thank you so much Danish Viking. I have read every website I could find and couldn't seem to figure that out.

Is the 10 strip the only one that we can share? The 24 hr pass or City Pass I'm pretty sure you can't share, right?

Thank you, thank you for your help. We can't wait to get to your beautiful city!

@ azgreatdeals

Here is Tivoli´s official restaurant guide.

http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-6574.htm

And here is AOK´s guide over the restaurants in Nyhavn, the guide is in danish but i think that google translate could help you.

Nyhavns Færgekro is recommended.

http://www.aok.dk/soeg#what:Restaurant%20og%20caf%C3%A9;where::Indre%20By;query:nyhavn;source_1_page:1

@ Terpla

Look at the aok link above.

Thanks you so much I will do so.

The 2 zone clip card can be shared by up to 10 persons depending on zones travelled.

If 2 persons are going to the airport (3 zones) they can combine the zones and use only 3 clips because then they will have 6 zones in total.

The 24 hour card and citypass are not personal but can obviously only be used by one person at a time.

Hello Danish Viking,

We will be 4 people arriving on Sep 1 at CPH.

We would like to take either a taxi or some sort of shared transportation to the Marriott hotel.

Questions

What is the approximate cost of a taxi?

Would 4 people and the luggage fit?

For shared transportation, ie, vans, etc. can you recommend pne or they also available at the airport?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Will the stores or restaurants in the Fields shopping mall near the airport be open on a Sunday? We'll be staying at the Crowne Plaza, and we hope to get some last minute items. Also, how many restaurants are in the shopping mall. I can't seem to find a website that has an English translation.

I did a search, however this thread is getting too long. Excellent advice and alot of work put into this Danish Viking and everone ....thank you!

My question is....Does the City Cirkel 11 electric bus still run? I cannot find anything on it dated for 2012?

Thanks

Hi -

(Apologies if following question has been asked and answered before)

Does anyone have an estimate for the taxi fare, boarding in Nyhavn area (Sankt Annae Plads) to the Freeport Cruise Terminal ?

For this ride would it be likely to find an available taxi on the street, or necessary to phone for one ?

And, would a typical taxi in Copenhagen accommodate four adults including luggage (3 large + 2/3 carry-on bags) ?

Response and further thoughts or suggestions is much appreciated.

I´m back.

I´m sorry for the inactivity but work, London Olympics and my X-Files DVD box set are taking up all my time atm.

@ margaret a

A taxi from the airport to central Copenhagen will be around 250 DKK and in my experience you should keep with that because a hired van is way more expensive.

@ FritzG

Normally the shops in Fields have open on the first and last Sunday of the month but here in August they have open all sundays for some reason.

Capella play, Fitness.dk and Bolia.com has open every sunday of the year.

There are 18 restaurants and Cafés located on level 2.

@ rasybanks

Metro line M2 will get you directly from the airport to Kongens Nytorv from where you can walk to your hotel.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Kongens+Nytorv+st+(Metro),+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=hotel+neptun+k%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.284908,11.710779&sspn=2.177438,4.916382&geocode=FdGYUQMdDAnAACnfKm6VF1NSRjHDY3soZvWnZw%3BFf6gUQMdmSLAACHJfDHZLMrCkik5CC7dIlNSRjHJfDHZLMrCkg&dirflg=w&mra=ls&t=m&z=17

The price for a single trip is 36 DKK but if you plan on doing the return trip by metro or if you are more persons or are planning on doing more trips in Copenhagen a klippekort is maybe a cheaper option.

A taxi will probably be around 250 DKK.

@ ShipRiders

Yes is does but its rebranded as A11.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200001110000&line_name=11A&linegid=9011200001100000

@ doublet

No reasons to apology. :)

A taxi from Sank Annæ Plads to the freeport will probably be in the 150 DKK range.

You can get the hotel to call a taxi for you but a reserved taxi is around 20 DKK more expensive than to get one from the street.

For you needs a station wagon is probably a better option or maybe pay a little extra fee to order a van to be on the safe side but i think the station wagon (normally Mecedes E class or similar) will do the trick.

I´m back.

I´m sorry for the inactivity but work, London Olympics and my X-Files DVD box set are taking up all my time atm.

@ doublet

No reasons to apology. :)

A taxi from Sank Annæ Plads to the freeport will probably be in the 150 DKK range.

You can get the hotel to call a taxi for you but a reserved taxi is around 20 DKK more expensive than to get one from the street.

For you needs a station wagon is probably a better option or maybe pay a little extra fee to order a van to be on the safe side but i think the station wagon (normally Mecedes E class or similar) will do the trick.

Greetings Danish Viking,

With the Olympics going on, and in your case X-Files viewing as well :), it's understood there's much to keep your attention lately.

Kind of you to address my questions, as you regularly do with all the many other CC visitors to Copenhagen. Your advice is much appreciated. Thank You.

Sorry its 250S that's servicing Islands Brygge to and from the central station from Isafjordsgade busstop.

To get closer to the downtown area then bus 33 from the same bus stop will get you to the town hall square (Rådhuspladsen) and in the other direction you can get to Ørestad station that is located only 2 stops from the airport.

Danish Viking, we are still hoping to meet you on September 7 so we may thank you in person for all of your help. You suggested meeting at Tivoil. - where and what time would work for you? We are staying at the Scandic Palace, along with quite a few Cruise Critics who are sailing on Vision OTS to Norway on September 2 and then on Brilliance OTS on a transatlantic. Some of them would like to come along, too, so it could be quite a fun evening.:D

You can email me at critterchick @ cox . net (take out the spaces) if you would rather discuss by email. :)

Hoping to meet you soon!!

Thanks for your reply.....

Is this hotel OK??? I dont need up class.....just a clean place to wash and rest after running around the city...somewhr near supermarkets and attractions....not into bars....but would like to experice real life in Denmark,,,, walk around and see the city forfew days before taking the train or ferry (still trying to figure that one) To Berlin....so I need aplace not too far from the ports,,,, or the train station...........

Any idea how much the taxi would be from the port and to the train station from that location? I cannot take buses to and from the port/train station due to a walking mobility different ability...but I can ride buses and trains.

Thanks again

EN

Sorry its 250S that's servicing Islands Brygge to and from the central station from Isafjordsgade busstop.

To get closer to the downtown area then bus 33 from the same bus stop will get you to the town hall square (Rådhuspladsen) and in the other direction you can get to Ørestad station that is located only 2 stops from the airport.

Archived