Live from the Monarch - Panama Canal repositioning

rubrrick

Those of us in Claudes, on the last LA sailings, may have an insight on the cause of the noro (which, hopefully, it is not) ... if Elwood is still working in the Dining Room! :eek:

Lorna,

For the last time, I do not backwash! [but I have been a little sick the last few days -- go figure]

Dennis

Morning everyone from the enterance to the Panama Canal. We are just passing Panama City on our way to the Bridge of the Americas and the Miraflores locks.

It's now 8:07 local time if that helps anyone.

Webcam is www.pancanal.com/eng/multimedia

I know that some of you are already watching. My guess is that we will be ready to enter the locks between 8:40 and 9AM. That's just under an hour.

Look for us!! We are directly behind the starboard bridgewing. We should have quite a crowd from time to time today. We are serving champagne, wine, and assorted soft drinks:D

I'll jump back on as we get closer to the Gatun locks for another update.

I'm off to enjoy the Panama Canal!!:) :)

Rick

Rick!!! The camera went down! I can get the Hi-Res image but the Miraflores site is just a big blue screen! I hope they get it fixed in the next 20 minutes!

me too. I thought I had missed it. so which wweb cam do we use--miraflores or gatun lake? never been to PC--on my list, but haven't made it there yet. glad I didn't miss this

Has the Monarch gone through already? I got up late! :eek:

don't think so according to Rick's post this morning.

ok, does MOnarch go under the Centennial bridge BEFORE or AFTER going through the locks? told y'all I have never been there. looking at these webcams really make me want to go through the PC even more!!!!

don't think so according to Rick's post this morning.

ok, does MOnarch go under the Centennial bridge BEFORE or AFTER going through the locks? told y'all I have never been there. looking at these webcams really make me want to go through the PC even more!!!!

I just looked it up - first Miraflores - then the bridge - then Gatun locks.

Good morning MHM! :D I'll capture it, if it shows up! LOL! The camera is updating every 4 minutes. As we all know, it takes a while to complete the transit, so it is just a waiting game right now! :D

Celia - isn't that high resolution picture great? Amazing this technology.....!!!

Mary, the technology is amazing! I see many standing on the platform, so maybe the Monarch is coming.... I can only hope so.

I'm wondering if they will be after this big black ship ?? "Glorious Peony"? How can we capture imagines of this?

Archived