Live from the Monarch - Panama Canal repositioning

rubrrick

Hey Rick, Just found this thread.

What a great idea, Thanks for taking time for all of us left behind.

Cherie and I already miss you and Bobbie.

We were really happy to hear you were able to get a cabin more becoming to to the two of you....;):D

Hi JC. we are going to have get together again on a cruise. It would be good to see the two of you again.

Great photos of the Monarch ... Just way to sad to think about right now.

Hi to all our new friends from the 13th. cruise. Thanks again to Rick for making the two trips on the Monarch so special.

Give Bobbie a BIG Hug from us.

PS...Things are really moving fast now with the reconstruction of house. Today we were picking out new granites and tiles,, Cherie is having a ball.:D

Hello Rick from Nancy in So Cal.....

I just found you here also.....The Monarch was my *first* ......kiss with cruising....so I will always love her and miss her...

Thanks for the live update !!!!

So sorry I had to miss the farewell......

Nancy

Hey Rick, Just found this thread.

What a great idea, Thanks for taking time for all of us left behind.

Cherie and I already miss you and Bobbie.

We were really happy to hear you were able to get a cabin more becoming to to the two of you....;):D

Hi JC. we are going to have get together again on a cruise. It would be good to see the two of you again.

Great photos of the Monarch ... Just way to sad to think about right now.

Hi to all our new friends from the 13th. cruise. Thanks again to Rick for making the two trips on the Monarch so special.

Give Bobbie a BIG Hug from us.

PS...Things are really moving fast now with the reconstruction of house. Today we were picking out new granites and tiles,, Cherie is having a ball.:D

Hey Larry! I am assuming that you are not enjoying the reconstruction quite so much! ;) Been there done that. Glad it is over and I am telling Krystal..... NO! As she wants to do more!

As far as sailing with me, I am an infrequent cruiser being conflicted by work and other types of vacation since I am about as far from a port city as possible! So, sign up for my TA next November in my sig. I keep harping on Rick and Bobbi to do so as well!

jc

Happy Thursday everyone!!

Hi Larry and Cheri.....we miss you guys as well!

Today the wind has picked up a bit and the swells are about 6 to 10 feet. The Monarch is very stable. Again hot and humid!!

I'm trying to get to the bottom of why the captain is not keeping us on local time. So far, the only thing that Guest Services says is that the captain has made that decision.

So, I don't know exactly what the time will be when we enter the Panama Canal. I'll have an answer shortly!!

Tomorrow we will be on a full day shore excurision to Antigua.

Jean........I got your message from Trudy regarding the DVD and will get it handled.

Everyone is in good spirits......lazy day today, formal night tonight, and this crowd is a little older, and many more tuxes than on the 3/4 night cruises.

Rick

Happy Thursday everyone!!

So, I don't know exactly what the time will be when we enter the Panama Canal. I'll have an answer shortly!!

Having just done the transit on the Pearl, I just wanted to let you know that it will start real early (just after sunrise) in the morning and end very late in the afternoon (just before sunset). It really does take all day.

That being said, both DW and I can check that off our bucket lists. It was wonderful.

It also helped that from our CC friends, we were able to organize a cabin crawl (only non-alcoholic) to view from the sides, bow and stern. Just thinking about it, I miss our friends.

I'm so glad I found this thread! It is so cool to read about Monarch's journey to the east coast. But it's kind of weird to visualize the Monarch docked in those other locations! And what fun it will be to see her going through the Panama Canal live (whoever sent those webcam links, Thanks! :) I love webcams.)

Thanks for doing this live update, Rick. I hope the rest of the cruise goes well.

By the by, what is the full repo itinerary?

Good evening everyone!! Today we headed up the mountain to Antigua.....a beautiful UNISCO site. The day started off sunny and humid, and by the time that we returned from the upper mountain site, it was a classical tropical thunderstorm..........lots of lightning!!

So the walk from the bus to the ship........with a tropical downpour...I think that the ship was almost out of hot water for showers before we ever got underway!!

It was a tugs job to pull us away from the pier!!...... But let me back up to this morning. Guatamala is not ready for cruise ships!! We arrived before 8AM.....but we could not get off till after 10:30. Captain Karin was slightly annoyed.......well...she was pissed!! She had to have some of the crew redo the dock before we could dissembark. She stopped by to tell us of ..........well.......I won't get into details...but she said that she would mention this to the President.....that was to do a plaque presentation...........that's the President of Guatemala.

We were on local time today!! That is good news.

A casual night onboard.........and we ate dinner in our cabin.

Hi to all my NOOTS friends!!:D

Not alot to report today.......except that the internet is back up and running.......so that I can send this!!

Rick

Rick (and Bobbie) - Thank you so much for the great posts - wish we were on the ship with you. It did not take long for us to see why so many love the Monarch. The crew and the wonderful people we sailed with made the cruise. Thanks to you Rick for all the work you did to make this a great cruise. We had a wonderful time. Hope we get to sail with you all again. We are busy planning on T.A. on Independence in April. Hope someone from this great group will join us!!

Take care and have a great time. Please tell Dor"ass" high from us! She is a wonderful lady and we miss her. Have a great time! Mary (and Dennis)

Me five!!! :D

Us Six and Seven .... :D

If we can't be there, This is the next best thing :):o ... Thanks Rick.

Has a time for the Canal Web Cam been determined ???? I don't want to miss that tomorrow morning.

I am really enjoying following your cruise. It just makes me look forward to my turn on the Monarch (boo, hoo, it's not till May).

I do have one question. We've only sailed the Mariner before and her showers had the circular shower doors. We've booked a JS which I know it says it has a tub. Can you let me know if these have doors or will I need to pack clothes pins to hold the curtain down?

Thanx,

Erika

I am really enjoying following your cruise. It just makes me look forward to my turn on the Monarch (boo, hoo, it's not till May).

I do have one question. We've only sailed the Mariner before and her showers had the circular shower doors. We've booked a JS which I know it says it has a tub. Can you let me know if these have doors or will I need to pack clothes pins to hold the curtain down?

Thanx,

Erika

Erika,,

Not sure why you would need the clothes pins.:confused: .... The tub wall in the Monarch JS. is quite high so the curtain stays in place. It also has better then average water pressure....:D

Archived