Live from the Monarch - Panama Canal repositioning

rubrrick

I see some requests for time and date of the Panama Canal portion.

I'll get with Captain Karin in the next day or two on approximate times. Can someone tell me where the cams are located. Are they in the Mia Flora locks........top or bottom?? Where else?? Any at the Gatun locks?

If I know what to look for......Captain Karin can give me a better feel for times. I know that we will line up around 6 AM for the que!!

I'm enjoying reading the comments. Keep em coming!!:)

Rick

Hi Rick, this is the site I use, you can toggle between the Miraflores and Gutan locks, also the Centeninal Bridge. We'll be looking for you on the 28th!!!

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Heres another one

http://seacruisechat.com/

Thank you for sharing the pictures of the Monarch departing Los Angeles...looking at those pictures certainly brought a tear or two to my eyes.

Rick - It was wonderful finally meeting you and Bobbi. Hope we sail with you again..enjoy your cruise. Letty

I see some requests for time and date of the Panama Canal portion.

I'll get with Captain Karin in the next day or two on approximate times. Can someone tell me where the cams are located. Are they in the Mia Flora locks........top or bottom?? Where else?? Any at the Gatun locks?

If I know what to look for......Captain Karin can give me a better feel for times. I know that we will line up around 6 AM for the que!!

I'm enjoying reading the comments. Keep em coming!!:)

Rick

The cam at Miraflores is moveable and can show the lower and upper levels at the operator's discretion. The cam at Gatun is fixed, looking north showing most of the middle level and all of the lower level. Be sure to smile!

Rick: Take good care of our Monarch Baby as you bring her to her Non-LA destination -- I wish I could have been on her this yr but I have all those nice memories since 2003 of celebrating our birthdays on that fine ship! Having a special CL sounds good - will follow your trip and continue to have lots of fun!! Corkey Carol

This should be nice... I will also be interested in hearing how it goes.

Thanks for the updates! :D

'

Hey MHHM -- now that would have been nice to have the CL during our MOnarch days - however, having Danney there was fun enough - Corkey

Hi Rick!

Bill and I really wish we could have joined you for the final B of the B2B2B ... but it was great sailing with you and Bobbie last week! I'm so glad you are doing the Live Post, as it's helping with my PCD symptoms! ;)

Please give our love to Dorass! She may not tell you, but I will: She was very instrumental in our 2nd Place finish in Quest, on Sunday night. :D Wish you could have joined us.

After we whined to Desmond about "Hum It or Mime It" being played at the same time as Second Seating Dinner, he actually brought the game to our table. Carol did a wonderful mime of "From Here to Eternity." Please give Desmond and Daryl big hugs from me. I miss them both. In fact, I woke up early this morning for Morning Coffee Trivia, but no one else showed up! ;)

Big hugs to you and Bobbie! Thanks, again, for all your efforts to make the last regular cruises out of LA so special! Have a wonderful cruise!

Also, if you will, please deliver a big hug to Trudy, for me. I'll send her an email about the mix-up on Thursday. ~ Lorna

I think I mentioned yesterday that the Monarch is trying a program where the Viking Crown Lounge is being opened between 5 and 6 PM on certain evenings for D, D+ and suite guests...........ala concierge lounge. The first one is tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Rick

is this something they plan to do after the repositioning? or is this just during the long repositioning? We are on the first sailing out of Pt C. & would love it if they did that!!!

Jean, loved Don's pics.

Rick thanks for the running commentary. The perk in the Viking is very nice. I'll be waiting to hear how it's going. That would be a thought fro other ships without CL's.

yeah--the VC worked great as our CL on our recent TA didn't it Sheils?!!!

Here are the pics. I warn you, the last couple made me tear up all over again.

http://community.webshots.com/album/568119630reLxWW?start=0

great pictures Jean. Y'all will just have to hop on a plane and see her in Florida. $uck$ tho doesn't it? When we went to Alaska in Aug & stepped back on the rhaps, it was like going home, can't explain it. there is just something about your favorite ship, right?

I am curious to see how many of the same crew are onthe MOnarch since we were on her in May. We had a ablast on her on our first B2B. 3 more weeks and I'll know!!!:D

Hi Rick and Bobbi! Sounds like your trip is wonderful! Please give big hugs to my friend Doris!!

Can't wait to see the Monarch in the locks. Should be a fun day for everyone.

Jean: Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Hi Lorna! Sounds like the 10/13 cruise was full of fun and merriment.:D :D

Rick - Thanks for doing this live commentary from the Monarch as she heads east. The Monarch was our first RCCL cruise when she was the newest ship in the fleet. Our first impressions of her was that we thought she was HUGE!!!!

I know how all of you in CA feel about the Monarch, as we on the east coast feel the same way about our beloved Sovereign leaving us. Rest assured that we will welcome the Monarch to Port Canaveral and will take good care of her.

I hope they keep up with using the VC some nights as a CL. That's a great idea.

I´m writing this from a Mexican internet cafe in PV. We had a bit of engine problems so were late getting into Puerto Vallerta. Captain Karin says that she is adding more mice so we should be making up time.:D

The concierge is just for the Panama Canal crossing............in the VCL.

Great group...............now settling into a routine other than 3{4 night run.

Its hot and muggy here. We leave at 7PM ships time tonight.

Trudy says hi to all. Terry joins her. They both will be with some others in our cabin for sail away. Headed for the store for more sodas!

We sure miss Lorna and Jean and Letty..................well the list just keeps growing! Carol should be with us!!:D

More tomorrow!! Thanks for the webcam sites. Ill pass them onto the crew and Captain Karin.

Rick

I´m writing this from a Mexican internet cafe in PV. We had a bit of engine problems so were late getting into Puerto Vallerta. Captain Karin says that she is adding more mice so we should be making up time.:D

The concierge is just for the Panama Canal crossing............in the VCL.

Great group...............now settling into a routine other than 3{4 night run.

Its hot and muggy here. We leave at 7PM ships time tonight.

Trudy says hi to all. Terry joins her. They both will be with some others in our cabin for sail away. Headed for the store for more sodas!

We sure miss Lorna and Jean and Letty..................well the list just keeps growing! Carol should be with us!!:D

More tomorrow!! Thanks for the webcam sites. Ill pass them onto the crew and Captain Karin.

Rick

RATS, I was hoping it would be a regular thing.

We had a bit of engine problems so were late getting into Puerto Vallerta.

I'm surprised the engines have lastest that long! Given that she hasn't had to go more than 10 knots for the past couple of years, it must really be a shock to the system!:eek:

On the other hand, I'll bet the bridge officers are thrilled to have something to do other than Ensenada, Catalina and San Diego for a change.

Thank you for doing a live post. We have friends sailing with you on their very first cruise and was hoping all was going well. They are sailing with veteran cruisers (his sister and husband) and another couple so should be in good hands. Hope the engine problems do not happen again and that he has ordered more mice. I will make sure to watch the web cams on the 28th to see you go thru the locks.

We did this same cruise last month on the Coral and had a fantastic time.:D :D :D

Hi RIck.....how was PV? Tomorrow is Acapulco, we had a beautiful send off from the locals, hope you get the same!

Any word on what time you go through the PC on the 28th? You are scheduled from 6 am to 4 pm......YIKES thats 4 or 5 am here! :eek: I also have 2 reminders set for then!!!

How is the VC working out for the D D+ lounge at night?

Enjoy your day at sea!!!

Archived