WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

The CD on Mercury right now is an aussie fellow named Ian (can't remember his last name). Frankly he came across very very phony. His activity director was an even more phony fellow named Alesandro "Captain Bingo" from Argentina. I would have to vote probably the worst CD/activity directors I've come across on any cruise. I cringed every time they spoke. The activities staff on the other hand, especially Joy and Danielle, were excellent.

I posted this on another thread but thought I would post it here also.

Celebrity Summit

Master – Yannis Berdos

Staff Captain – George Iatrov

Chief Engineer- Georgios Dimitriov

Hotel Director – Yiovana Athaunasious

Cruise Director – Rich Clesen

F & B Manager – Craig Dauphinee

CC Hostess- Tanushka D’souza

Acappella - Boomers

Sorry this is all I have hope this helps a little.

Laura

Thanks Laura.

I was hoping to get a few more ship updates before I made a new chart.... soon.

Arno

Celebrity Summit

Master – Yannis Berdos

Staff Captain – George Iatrov

Chief Engineer- Georgios Dimitriov

Hotel Director – Yiovana Athaunasious

Cruise Director – Rich Clesen

F & B Manager – Craig Dauphinee

CC Hostess- Tanushka D’souza

Acappella - Boomers

Sorry this is all I have hope this helps a little.

Laura

Thanks, Laura. There are lot of changes since I was on in June.(same Captain, though)

I noticed you just returned from a Christmas week cruise on Summit. How was the itinerary?? How was the food?? Any other tips?? We went on a 12 nt from Barcelona to Venice.

Thanks, Laura. There are lot of changes since I was on in June.(same Captain, though)

I noticed you just returned from a Christmas week cruise on Summit. How was the itinerary?? How was the food?? Any other tips?? We went on a 12 nt from Barcelona to Venice.

We LOVED it!!! Nothing better than spending Christmas in Aruba! We really enjoyed the itinerary also. We ate in Normandie every night so can not tell you about the food in the MDR but Normandie was OUTSTANDING.

Laura

We LOVED it!!! Nothing better than spending Christmas in Aruba! We really enjoyed the itinerary also. We ate in Normandie every night so can not tell you about the food in the MDR but Normandie was OUTSTANDING.

Laura

We had heard some bad reports of the TA and was hoping things had improved for the Caribbean on Summit. We also dined in Normandie while onboard, although not every night. We found the food in the buffet and main dining room fabulous!(a reason for following Robert Flack to the Solstice) If he's in charge of food and beverage, I am ready to dine!

We had heard some bad reports of the TA and was hoping things had improved for the Caribbean on Summit. We also dined in Normandie while onboard, although not every night. We found the food in the buffet and main dining room fabulous!(a reason for following Robert Flack to the Solstice) If he's in charge of food and beverage, I am ready to dine!

I had read the same reports and was very worried. But very thing was great, waffle iron was fixed or maybe I should say new. Yes there is a little wear here a there but then I don't go looking for it. The Normandie was a special treat to ourselfs for xmas. And we love it! This was one of our best cruises ever. We are thinking of booking it for next xmas right now.

Laura

Just got off the Summit last week and it was awesome! So fantastic!

I fell in love with the Boomers, the acapella group, and I was just curious if anyone knows all the guys names? I know Ryan and Bradford, but I would love their last names and also the other guys names and last names.

If not, would it be worth it to email Celebrity and ask them?

Thanks!

Just got off the Summit last week and it was awesome! So fantastic!

I fell in love with the Boomers, the acapella group, and I was just curious if anyone knows all the guys names? I know Ryan and Bradford, but I would love their last names and also the other guys names and last names.

If not, would it be worth it to email Celebrity and ask them?

Thanks!

These guys were wonderful. Every night we would check to see where they were going to be so we would be there.

Laura

Damian De Lorenzis is on his way to NZ for Millennium where he will be replacing Rich Clesen as CD.

Sue Williams, Captain's Club Hostess on Solstice, has been promoted to Future Sales and is awaiting her ship assignment. Way to go Sue! Captain's Club has lost a great hostess.

Arno, here's what we have as far as crew & staff:

Master: Panagiotis Mantzavinos

Staff Captain: Xenofon Livanios

Chief Engineer: Evangelos Plomaritis

Hotel Director: Adam Scott

Cruise Director: John Grantham

Activities Manager: Luke Bonney

Restaurant Manager: Faith Korkmaz

F&B Manager: Valeri Lajhh

Guest Relations Manager: Patricia Chang

Cruise Sales Manager: Lisa Bell

CC Hostess: Daniela Spirlac

Party Band: N'Focus

Rendezvous: Baires Quartet

String Quartet: Premier String Quartet

Guitarist: Anton Marlokov

Lots of changes, as some crew have already rotated to Solstice and other ships.

Rumours around the ship were along the lines of speculation on these boards, that some of the crew would take their vacation from March and then transition to Equinox this summer. Whether that's wishful thinking or comes to fruition, time will tell. Galaxy's crew, as has been mentioned on CC repeatedly, are some of the most cohesive in the fleet, and a new ship would do well to have a great many of these folks aboard. In fact the most recent scores, based on pax comment cards, have Galaxy earning the highest ratings.

WhosonXJan2009-1.jpg

"Cruise Director: Dru Pavlov (until November 14, moving to Solstice late January to take over from Nick Weir)" from another post

Would Jan 25th be the one he'll be on? Hope so! That's us, next week......

Hi, on the most recent chart of officers, staff and crew, I noticed that you did not include the Bar Manager and Assistant Maitre d’ as you did on your previous chart.

Is it please possible for you to let me know who the current Bar Managers and the Assistant Maitre d’s are on the Celebrity ships?

Thank you

Hi, on the most recent chart of officers, staff and crew, I noticed that you did not include the Bar Manager and Assistant Maitre d’ as you did on your previous chart.

Is it please possible for you to let me know who the current Bar Managers and the Assistant Maitre d’s are on the Celebrity ships?

Thank you

The reason I dropped them from the chart is that I was not getting the information from returning cruisers. Until I get more input from posters I just have no names to give you. Sorry.