WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

"Activities Manager" ...is this the former 'Assistant Cruise Director' position with a new title? Also, does anyone know how long Allan King will be on Infinity? We just booked the March 1st sailing and are curious if he'll be running the show.

Amazing how many changes have taken place.

Luke Bonney I believe has been a cruise director in the past?????

Emma Quezon, the publisher, has been a Captain's Club Hostess.

And the staff Captain was listed as an alternate master on Century??

How did you like the cruise?

Hi,

I just did a search for Emma and this came up. :confused: I assume this means she is no longer doing the job she was so very good at. She was a wonderful cc hostess. Just a joy. What exactly does being a publisher entail? Does she no longer have contact with passengers? What a loss. Hopefully, someone knows where she is now. I would love to see her again.

Anne

This report from Solstice:

Melanie and Dru joined on Sunday.

For those who do not recognize the names:

Dru is a very popular CD, now on Solstice replacing Nick Weir and Melanie his wife is now Future Cruise Sale Manager on board.

Arno,

If it's not too much trouble could I ask a favor please? When you get on Constellation can you find out who is the Head Bartender and Bartender at the Martini Bar? I'm not sure if Ricardo (Bartender) is back from his vacation. He might not be back until March. Also not sure if Dravco (Head Bartender) is still on Constellation.

Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Anne Maria

:)Dear Friends:

We are so happy to see that Melanie and Dru are on Solstice along with Togi in the Bar (too bad sidekick John is not with him). From the sound of things they need some solid EXPERIENCED staff on the Solstice. We have been sailing with them for years...

It appears from numerous reviews I have read service has been spotty at best we now need Harry of Food and Beverage, and several other staff and Ass't Matire D's from the Mille and Century to get Solstice into shape.

If they do not get things together (Food and Serivce) soon Celebrity is going to lose quite a bit of goodwill it has accumulated over the years.

Neil

Edited by neilrr

It appears from numerous reviews I have read service has been spotty at best we now need Harry of Food and Beverage, and several other staff and Ass't Matire D's from the Mille and Century to get Solstice into shape.

Hi Neil:

We had no problem with service on board Solstice; there are some wonderful people on board. We just have a preference for M-Class ships and we wish to keep the best staff where we travel. We'll trade the beauty of Solstice for the layout and comfort of Celebrity's other ships... and keep the staff that have made those ships so successful. Perhaps the Galaxy will provide a temporary source of experienced staff until Equinox has to be staffed.

Hi Arno, after just returning home from Galaxy it looks as if

the staff and crew are going to be on all the ships.

Many are going to be on the ship's final sailing and then

going home for vacation. Others will still be in the middle of their

contracts in March and right now it seems not many know

where they are going yet.

From what the Hotel Director told us, they will be looking

to hire 1,000's of new employees as well. (all these new ships

will need more staff than are available now).

Galaxy will be missed.

Edited by Lois R

C2C - I agree with you - we love the M- Class ships and the Century class -- we have even been on the old Horizon that is now out of serivce but you do need the more experienced personnel to open up a new ship.

If you put all of the newbies on there -- it will spell problems - which is what it looks like as of now in service and food. We are holding off on our reservations on Solstice -- as we really wanted to go -- but we need to see some much better information coming out of there first.

Lois - You are correct they will need to hire many new people to staff the ships but it goes back to what I mentioned above to C2C...

Let's all hope for the best.... I am sure we all want to see Celebrity be successful but the level of service and quality of food must be maintained.

Neil:)

Edited by neilrr

Hey Rick, hope you and your family are doing well:)

I see you have Mercury booked for April 2010. Do you think that

particular cruise will be her final sailing?

No formal announcement yet though. I booked her while I was

on Galaxy. Sailing in December. I hope they leave Mercury in

fleet at least till then...I was thinking of putting a deposit down

on the one in April 2010 too.

Glad you enjoyed Solstice:) I still have not booked a regular

cruise on her.....maybe down the road.

Two questions to ask. First, does anyone know which Captain will be on board the Solstice in March or April? I'm assuming it will be Captain Kafetzis. Have sailed with both Captain Skylogiannis and Captain Kafetzis on past cruises, would be nice to see one of them again.

On to the next question. Who is currently on the Galaxy, and will this current Captain be the master on the last voyage? Thanks for any info.:)

Does anyone know what happened to Cara York who was Hotel Director on the Infinity last June to Alaska? Would lilke to know where she is now. Thanks.

Cara was Associate Hotel Director on the Solstice when we were on the 11/30 sailing. I think she will be going on vacation soon. She didn't know what her next assignment was going to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Century Arno and here’s who was onboard:

Master

Captain Anastasios Lekkas

Chief Engineer

Kostas P. Kallinikos

Hotel Director

Raffaele Bernardini

Staff Captain

Panagiotis Kiousis

Cruise Director

Rob Wheatley