Voyager casualty?

WesW

On lloyds MIU it lists Seven Seas Voyager as a vessel casualty about

13 hours ago (another board reports it hit the pier in Rhodes Greece this

a.m.) Have googled for further information--no joy...anyone heard anything more on this report? thanks

Voyager smacked her stern whilst docking in Rhodes. Minor damage, no injuries reported. Coincides with a Greek transport strike, not sure if the industrial action had a hand in it or whether it was just one of those things. Last year on FO Braemar we smacked the quay when reversing into our berth at Ponta Delgada, made a heck of a mess with the paintwork and there was some denting to the stern plating but nothing serious, I would expect the damage would be similar on Voyager too.

Poor Voyager. . . the shuttle we were on a couple of weeks ago ran right into her (no damage -- just black tire type marks on the side). When we left Istanbul, there wasn't a mark on her -- now she has some bruises.

I was under the impression that the Greek srike was over (at least it didn't affect us when we were there). Perhaps the new Voyager captain needs a bit more practice:confused:

I'm sure he will be back. Remember, these guys work very hard long hours with no days off. So they take their time off in blocks of several weeks.

We are booked on Captain Dag's homecoming cruise to Norway next summer. Wouldn't be much of a homecoming if he weren't there.

I'm not sure what the deal is, but I'm sure Dag will be back for the world cruise, at least I've not heard anything different.

THis mkes me wonder if Apollo is going to start mixing the senior officers on Regent and Oceania.

The poster on the luxury board certainly seemed to say that the ship had left Rhodes.

Apollo is mixing things up.....I think it is a huge mistake. We will be on the Voyager in late December for the Panama Canal cruise. I am anxious to see what changes are in store for us. Apollo is all about the bottom line and they are cutting corners everywhere in other businesses so why not here?

Cheers, Pam

Reports are that Capt. Dag has some sort of a back injury and has taken some time off for that. He will be back.

I wish Regent would get Capt. Niel Broomhall back.

He currently is with Saga cruise line.

What a neat person.

Archived