SeaDream 2 Fall 2008 Transatlantic Crossing Website

ctbjr1309

Made my spa reservations for the first few days, got my cabin assignment - I do love it when GTAs turn into center of the ship,close to everything cabins, and updated my guest profile. :D

Now just hoping for no new work emergency. Would hate to have to use the all purpose travel insurance . . . .

FT

Now, if only we can catch that earlier flight to Tenerife on Wednesday morning.....

Made my spa reservations for the first few days, got my cabin assignment - I do love it when GTAs turn into center of the ship,close to everything cabins, and updated my guest profile. :D

Now just hoping for no new work emergency. Would hate to have to use the all purpose travel insurance . . . .

FT

Hi FT:

Which cabin are you in? Hope you have a blast. Wish we were going.

J & L

Great first day pictures. FT certainly looks to be in her natural setting. Sort of makes you want to pull that bottle of Andre or Cold Duck out of the fridge.

Jim do you like the way they are doing the website?

I like how they had the page earlier last evening with the slide show in the top and then the photos posted in a regular format. I have the sound turned off on my machine so the music doesn't matter to me one way or another!

Love seeing the photos of everyone ... guests, crew and staff. Also love the photos of the ship and the weather and the ocean ... and well you get the picture (pun intended):D

I like how they had the page earlier last evening with the slide show in the top and then the photos posted in a regular format. I have the sound turned off on my machine so the music doesn't matter to me one way or another!

Love seeing the photos of everyone ... guests, crew and staff. Also love the photos of the ship and the weather and the ocean ... and well you get the picture (pun intended):D

I had already told FT what I thought of it and just wanted to see what you thought, at least I have a handy tool that lets me grab the images out of the flash file which make it easier to look at them.

I had already told FT what I thought of it and just wanted to see what you thought, at least I have a handy tool that lets me grab the images out of the flash file which make it easier to look at them.

Guess I am starting to show my age ... sometimes simple is better. I don't need all that flash and bang ... I just want to see the photos:p

Regardless ... I am THRILLED that SD does this for those of us who are landlocked.

Just a little over 100 days zqvol until we are on SD2 with old and new friends:cool:

Hey DJ:

$9179.00 book today for the Admiral's suite on the March 6th trip! Is that EACH????

Dont know what they plan to do about the Piano Bar which, as you know, can be quite the late night sing along place.

Jim, I'm not DJ but I believe the answer to your question is yes. So far we've heard no complaints about noise from the Piano Bar from those in the Admiral's Suite. Of course, they haven't exactly been hitting the sack particularly early so perhaps the reason it hasn't been an issue is that the Piano Bar has been closed.

Thanks for the info. Maybe they have a warning in the suite advising early risers to book elsewhere. Actually, it seems like a good use of the space as the shop was usually closed most of the time anyway. Keep up the good work and let us poor, landlocked, soon to be cold (a front just came through this part of Florida and 30s are forecast for tonight) vicarious sailors have something to look forward to with your posts.

Jim.

Hey DJ:

$9179.00 book today for the Admiral's suite on the March 6th trip! Is that EACH????

Dont know what they plan to do about the Piano Bar which, as you know, can be quite the late night sing along place.

I saw that too Jim. Didn't mention it to DJ's DH yet as I know his answer will be ... "Have you lost your mind woman!!!"

Jim, I'm not DJ but I believe the answer to your question is yes. So far we've heard no complaints about noise from the Piano Bar from those in the Admiral's Suite. Of course, they haven't exactly been hitting the sack particularly early so perhaps the reason it hasn't been an issue is that the Piano Bar has been closed.

The proximity to the piano bar could be a good thing for those of us who like to hang out there.

Thanks for the info. Maybe they have a warning in the suite advising early risers to book elsewhere. Actually, it seems like a good use of the space as the shop was usually closed most of the time anyway. Keep up the good work and let us poor, landlocked, soon to be cold (a front just came through this part of Florida and 30s are forecast for tonight) vicarious sailors have something to look forward to with your posts.

Jim.

I agree 100 percent with Jim ... these wonderful posts are keeping me sane:p

... these wonderful posts are keeping me sane:p

Hey, we're here to serve. Had a delightful dinner tonight (al fresco, as previously advertised). The osso bucco was absolutely delicious, as was the lobster soup, the mozzarella and tomato salad, the beef carpaccio and the incredible dessert that Gabor the Maitre 'd recommended to me.

After dinner and email and Skyping to home spend a delightful 2 hours at the Toy Bar with TOYBAR and others solving all the problems of the world, among other things. Now that it's 1:15 AM, it's time to go to bed in light of the 8:30 AM wake up call.

More later, as developments warrant.....

Hey, we're here to serve. Had a delightful dinner tonight (al fresco, as previously advertised). The osso bucco was absolutely delicious, as was the lobster soup, the mozzarella and tomato salad, the beef carpaccio and the incredible dessert that Gabor the Maitre 'd recommended to me.

After dinner and email and Skyping to home spend a delightful 2 hours at the Toy Bar with TOYBAR and others solving all the problems of the world, among other things. Now that it's 1:15 AM, it's time to go to bed in light of the 8:30 AM wake up call.

More later, as developments warrant.....

Glad you enjoyed the osso bucco ... sounds like it was a wonderful meal (it sure beat the grilled chicken caesar salad we had for dinner last night:eek:).

Please send our regards to Gabor. We sailed with him in March on SD1 and he took excellent care of us. Hope to see him again this March.

I chuckle as every photo I see of TOYBAR he has a beer in hand ... DJ's DH said to tell him that he is DJ's DH's hero:D

Sounds like a very productive crossing!

We loved the photos from Day 2! Much prefer the traditional layout ... and of course we love those captions!!

Osso Buco. Yum. We had Beer Butt Chicken on the grill and watched Alabama. Roll Tide.

Keep those cards and letters coming, we are enjoying your trip.

J.

OMG Jim ... DJ's DH is rolling ... not with the Tide but on the floor laughing.

Hope you and Lois will be able to join us in March. If that delicious sounding chicken is a deal breaker for the March cruise I am sure FT (who evidently has been hob nobbing with Capt. T) can arrange for that to be on the menu.

As Eric would often tell ctbjr and me ... "Anything is possible" on SD!!

Are the front bali beds really set up for two couples to become very close friends overnight???

42%20Ready%20for%20sleeping%20under%20the%20Stars.jpg

Could be a slumber party:eek:

Seriously, we have slept under the stars on the front Bali beds a few times and they were made up with all those pillows and the split duvets for just the two of us.

LOL- As DJ said "anything is possible on SeaDream!" Frankly i thought the same thing myself when i saw the two beds and FOUR pillows

LOL ...

I have heard some wild stories from FT and Jim Avery about antics on previous sailings but all of our sailings have been mild ... except for the motion in the ocean (from Mother Nature) in March 08:eek:

Archived