Please help settle a bet

abhb

My DH thinks that it is not necessary to bring an outlet strip. I think it is.

How many plugs are in a non-suite room? We will be bring 2 ipods, 2 cell phones and a digital cameral. We will be on the Jewel this Friday.

How many plugs are in a non-suite room? We will be bring 2 ipods, 2 cell phones and a digital cameral. We will be on the Jewel this Friday.

And you will be recharging all these at once?

We forgot it once and now just leave it in the suitcase. What a pain without it!

The electric outlets on the Radiance class are a little awkward. We've found we need an outlet strip because our camera charges (2 digitals, different chargers) don't easily fit in the existing outlet on the desk.

Interesting bet. It is a bet your husband will always win regardless if one swears on an outlet strip or not. :D

Let's take your 2 Ipods, 2 cell phones and a digital camera.

You can charge your camera while getting ready for dinner. You can charge the Ipods while at dinner and your cell phone at night or anytime you use only one outlet. It is more inconvenient but can be done.

Inconvenience does not mean "a necessity". Your husband is a very smart man. He put you up for a bet you will always lose. :D

did you know it costs $7.95 per minute to make phone calls from the ship?

Yep, I unfortunatly had to learn that the hard way when my CARNIVAL card was shut down onboard RCCL Freedom for "security purposes" and my cell phones were out of service ;)

Yeah that's sounded fishy to me too...lol. :p

But honestly abhb - I have never traveled with a power strip. I have enough stuff to bring with me without adding in that too. ;)

We have taken one on our last two cruises. It is a nice convenience, not a necessity. We have 2 cameras, 2 cells (those are off all week of the cruise and in the safe), a DS Nintendo, sometimes an IPOD too. It doesn't take much room in the suitcase, so now we pack it.

We always take one with us. Don't need it every day but when we do it takes a lot of unnecessary stress out of our cruise. Ours is not a power stripe but more of a one foot cord with three outlets, Does not weigh much and takes up very little packing space.

Archived