What time can we leave the ship if it's at port at 7? Really cheap 830 am flight!

I was just wonder ing what time can we leave the ship if it's on time at port at 7am? There's a dirt cheap 830 am flight and I was wondering if we worked some magic at the parser desk or whatever it's called if somehow we were able to get off the ship near the front of the line and had the taxi called ahead of time so it was there when we got off if you think we could make the flight? I am willing to sprint the half mile marathon in the airport lol. What you guys think we will be staying in oceanview room on the Majesty feb 6-9th. Thanks.

Why take the risk??

Is the savings of money that much to even think about it?

Regardless of where the port is you 99.9% won't make it.

Book the air for the following day that early and stay an extra day witthout the stress.

Sherry

We were on the Majesty in Mid-December and they kept suspending the disembarkment of passengers. Now I am sure that such is not the norm, however there seemed to be multiple problems with non-US citizens (during our tag color they asked non-US citizens to step aside and let US citizens pass). Since you cannot predict if there will be similar problems, or if the boat docks a little later for any number of unexpected reasons, I would not book such an early flight.

I gotta tell ya kyle.. 10-11 in Miami might work since Majesty is a smaller ship, but you're still pushing it. If I remember correctly, RCI suggests nothing sooner than 11.

For sheer stress removal, think 1pm or later. Shebbieal's idea is also very good.

If you can find something after 11, take it. You really don't need to wait until after noon for a flight. Just tell the purser's desk that you have an early flight--they'll put you in one of the 1st groups off the ship.

For sheer stress removal, think 1pm or later. Shebbieal's idea is also very good.

I'm with you: we never book any flight before 1PM after a cruise. Our earliest was 11:30 AM in Barcelona, and we made that one just fine, but I wouldn't try it in Florida with all the cruise ships coming in at once.

We were on Majesty 3 weeks ago, and were the first ones off the ship. Had my 85 yr old MIL in a wheel chair, and we are diamond, which got us right to the front of the line. They started letting us off at about 7:15. and we were out of the terminal by 7:45. With Miami traffic, it will most likely be at least another another 45min to an hour to the airport with any luck. Just waive bye bye to your flight as you watch it take off from the expressway.

I was just wonder ing what time can we leave the ship if it's on time at port at 7am? There's a dirt cheap 830 am flight and I was wondering if we worked some magic at the parser desk or whatever it's called if somehow we were able to get off the ship near the front of the line and had the taxi called ahead of time so it was there when we got off if you think we could make the flight? I am willing to sprint the half mile marathon in the airport lol. What you guys think we will be staying in oceanview room on the Majesty feb 6-9th. Thanks.

I hope that you believe in God and miracles, because you will be praying for a huge miracle as the plane leaves without you.

I certainly wouldn't count on making a flight that early and even 10:30 might be problematical, although we have usually been off the ship and at the airport by then. Not only do you have to worry about delays in getting off the ship but you have traffic between the pier and the airport to be worried about and then you have all of the possible obstacles to overcome once you arrive at the airport - luggage check in, obtaining boarding passes, and the security lines. A delay at any or all of those can cause you to miss your flight. I would aim at something around 11 am if it is available and be certain to know alternative schedules in case of unforeseen problems. There is no sense putting yourself in a stressful position and wasting all of the benefits you gained during a restful and relaxing week at sea.:) If the savings are that great, consider spending some of that money for an overnight in the port city and catching that flight the next morning.

Are you doing self disembarkation?? You could probably make that 10:30 flight, otherwise I would wait too. Only takes a little fog or something to delay things.

We were off by 8 am, but we got lucky. That was carrying our own bags. Dont forget you still have to go thru customs, and if you get behind someone not from the U.S. thats another 30 minutes.

I've never had to rush to catch a flight but I thought that you had to be checked in a certain amount of time before a flight leaves. So even getting there at 8:00 or 8:15 they may not let him board. The days of running to the gate as the doors are closing I thought was a thing of the past.

I've routinely made flights this early from MIA. It's risky, and any delay could sink you, but I've never had a problem. You just have to decide what works for you.

Self-disembarkation and taking a cab to the airport are musts.

Even if everything worked perfectly, you won't make that flight......

Don't even chance it. There are no miracles upon arrival at the port.

Some airlines have implemented a policy of requiring check in 30 minutes in advance and I have heard that it is being enforced. Just wanted to point that out even though the OP had her question answered.

Archived