did i book on springbreak!!!!!

don24

i am seeing questions about springbreak in march.i mbooked march 29 sailing on freedom of the seas ,please,oh please tell me im not gonna be on a spring break cruise .

I can't speak for elsewhere in the country, but here in Indiana you are smack in the middle of high school (not college) spring break season.

i am seeing questions about springbreak in march.i mbooked march 29 sailing on freedom of the seas ,please,oh please tell me im not gonna be on a spring break cruise .

That is my spring break for college, and there are several school districts on spring break that week too.

Through March and April many colleges and public schools districts and private schools will be on break. But the peak will most likely be the week before and the week after Easter Sunday, April 12. It will also be passover. I am sure those will be the worst 2 weeks. Unfortunately since I work in a school, That's when I am sailing this year. It's never been a problem for us.

Through March and April many colleges and public schools districts and private schools will be on break. But the peak will most likely be the week before and the week after Easter Sunday, April 12. It will also be passover. I am sure those will be the worst 2 weeks. Unfortunately since I work in a school, That's when I am sailing this year. It's never been a problem for us.

College springbreaks=excessive drinking in large groups. Give me 500 crying kindergarteners anytime over this.:eek:;)

You should be fine in regards to seeing outrageous behavior. The wild spring break crowds seem to prefer Majesty and Monarch over the larger ships. Anyone cruising mid March on Majesty or Monarch is in for a real treat. Those are the wildest spring break cruises of all. Majesty's rating changes to NC-17 that week. It's like a 24-7 gentleman's club. :rolleyes:

I booked my Mariner cruise on March 29 as well. When I checked the spring break calendar for the colleges, I saw that while there are a few schools with that week off, it is NOT one of the big college spring break weeks.

However, it is spring break for some of the other schools, grade schools and high schools. I think you'll be fine, don't worry about it.

Here, you can check it yourself. http://www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar.htm

Assuming you're worried about the college spring breaks, you can see by that calendar that it's a very small spring break week, compared to the others.

Thats only college...small amount compared to grade schools....March-April is prime spring break.

Yes, that is college. That's why I said if he was worried about COLLEGE spring breaks, there wasn't much to worry about.

While you will get college kids during spring break no doubt....I wouldn't worry about it so much on RCCL since as long as your on a 7 day venue the entry prices tend to scare that group away and head them over to Carnival where they can smuggle their own boo's aboard and pay $499/person compared to close to twice that on RCCL. Now a 3 day.....thats another story...good luck:rolleyes:

Sorry don24...One of the worst times we had was 75% students spending Dad's money and not knowing how they spent $500.00 on drinks in one night buying shots for thier new friends....Not having a chair at the pool :eek:..I love the kids and have 3 adult kids myself..I know they have not been perfect,but I know they never acted as these kids did on that cruise...Sorry try to have fun.:( If yours is more than 7 days you should be ok..

Archived