Eclipse announcement

Parrot Mom

Hi Carolyn.. when I discovered the itinerary and called Celebrity they said there was a 300 person waiting list..Received a call a few months ago and they offered me a cabin for a ridiculous price.. and I said "no thanks".. I love that itinerary and the ship.. so I'll wait untiil I see what they are offering... In this economy I don't think there will be a huge rush.. lthough I must admit for the Equinox we got a great price and location and it killed me to cancel, but I just wasn't happy with the itinerary.. Do you know I stil have that list from the Constellation of e-mail names Bob posted. Oh yes.. in November we are gong back to the remodeled Hotel Continental.. Warm wishes.. Sandra

When was it remodeled. You mean the one in Barcelona on the LaRamblas. I was at teh other one in the little Palace, it was the first one before the one on LaRamblas.

I did not like the itinerary on the Equinox TA, it was too much like the one last fall.

The Eclipse has some interesting stops and lands in florida. We will see on the third. be well and stay warm!!

Carolyn

When was it remodeled. You mean the one in Barcelona on the LaRamblas. I was at teh other one in the little Palace, it was the first one before the one on LaRamblas.

I did not like the itinerary on the Equinox TA, it was too much like the one last fall.

The Eclipse has some interesting stops and lands in florida. We will see on the third. be well and stay warm!!

Carolyn

This is what I got back about the newly remodeled Continental..I had spoken to the elderly owner and she had told me about these proposed changes...

---Quote (Originally by Parrot Mom)---

As you may know.. the reception and buffet area were moved from the second to the street floor. You talk about the ice cream and the fish, etc..is there now a buffet all and night long? Glad you enjoyed the Jade.. a dear friends daughter works on the ship doing costuming and entertainment (she was not on the ship these past few months) and is bringing back to the ship a show from Branson. We will be on the Gem November 29th. Sadly, Parrot Pop isn't able to do that much walking anymore so after meeting up with the Parrot Lady across from the hotel we will go back to the market, we also found a little shop that has great gelato.. One other thing we like about the hotel is the luggage room..so that we only pack one bag for a few days in Barcelona.. Where is t he back entrance?

---End Quote---

Yes. 24 hour buffet, plus beverages and ice cream (+ toppings). Certain times of the day there are more choices on the buffet, but it is there 24/7, or at least was when we were there from 2/6 - 2/8. Cereal, breads, muffins, cookies, dried prunes, raisins, peanuts, walnuts, some kind of pretzel sticks are always in bins too. Honestly, after being on a cruise ship for 21 days I just happily lived on the items available at the hotel, except for some pizza we got at La Boqueria one day. I really liked the pasta salad with ham in it We did the tapas and other (overpriced) restaurants pre-cruise, so were happy to save some €'s and just eat all our meals at the Hotel Continental. DH LIVED on the Ice Milk and toppings, plus cereal and eggs - oh, and the wine and beer! I always saw hard boiled eggs available, too, as well as lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cheese and oil/vinegar for salads. Lox or some kind of fish too (once I thought it was tomatoes but found out real quick it was fish:eek:!)

The diet soda tasted so good after I went "without" for the 21 days of our cruise (refused to pay the high cost on the ship!) The back entrance to the room floors is right by where the toasters are. I saw folks heading that way and quickly learned the "route" to our 4th floor room. A bit convoluted, but you go through the old (empty) higher floor breakfast room and just follow arrows to your floor, so you do not have to go through the automatic doors like you do the front way. You can head down to the food area that way as well. Once you know the "route" it is easy.

Yes that is why we cancelled the Equinox too. My friends daughter who does work for NCL raved about the Gem, Jewel, and the Jade (she works on the Jade) and a few of the reviews were wonderful. talking about how great the drew was from the Captain all the way down. Cannes and Florence were the drawing card..not to mention the price of a mini suite..incredible..

Well I guess the pictures on Celebrity.com the official site of Solstice are completely wrong.:rolleyes:

New itineraries come on!

The pictures are not wrong but do not capture the elegance that abounds on the Solstice-the layout gives a small ship feel & all the draperies, furniture decor, linens are so plush... the modern & retro areas provide a change of pace but overall this ship is elegant & excellent..

It seems your mind is made up, but you may be missing out on something very special! I did not think i'd like it as much as I did--can't wait to try the others in its class--but do not want really long itins.. I am thinking that going back to M class will be hard to do---except for Summit to Bermuda (convenience) & a canal itin (necessity of size)

I am hoping they inject some of the Solstice style into the M class ships...& keep Mercury as a total spa ship!

The pictures are not wrong but do not capture the elegance that abounds on the Solstice-the layout gives a small ship feel & all the draperies, furniture decor, linens are so plush... the modern & retro areas provide a change of pace but overall this ship is elegant & excellent..

It seems your mind is made up, but you may be missing out on something very special! I did not think i'd like it as much as I did--can't wait to try the others in its class--but do not want really long itins.. I am thinking that going back to M class will be hard to do---except for Summit to Bermuda (convenience) & a canal itin (necessity of size)

I am hoping they inject some of the Solstice style into the M class ships...& keep Mercury as a total spa ship!

You said it better than I could have. I see lots of M class itineraries but don't see myself retreating from S Class anytime soon.

Oh I don't think I am missing out on anything,:) I thoroughly enjoy traveling and have been Blessed to pretty much have seen it all (even unfortunately Iraq:rolleyes:)

When I am researching a new trip of course I check all the pics available including those on the official sites and those on flickr, youtube, etc.

Oh I don't think I am missing out on anything,:) I thoroughly enjoy traveling and have been Blessed to pretty much have seen it all (even unfortunately Iraq:rolleyes:)

When I am researching a new trip of course I check all the pics available including those on the official sites and those on flickr, youtube, etc.

I have a hard time understanding people using these threads to snipe at others. That is not the intention. With a change of attitude you WILL find a large amount of information on these boards, and may even make friends for life. Since you just signed on this month, you may not have picked up on this. If you have a problem with Celebrity, you are welcome to visit other boards.

One of the great things about Cruise Critic is the ability to ignore particular people posting. I just did.

Does anyone know what time booking opens? For Equinox it was 2pm in the UK but everything was locked and in dollars until 4.30pm whereas by all accounts, American bookers had no problems.

Been told by my TA at 12 noon, when Miami office opens at 7.00am on tues the 3rd Mar. Not had the postcard yet here in UK from CaptsClub, has any one else?????

Hey folks.. there are enough sniping and insulting comments on another board I WAS on.. The Celebrity people are much classier than t his.. now all of you KNOCK IT OFF!!! Am I one of the few cruisers that first goes for the ports..decor means nothing to me...and I'm a woman...Give me decent food, great ports, days at sea and opening prices and I'm in heaven..lol Lets all play nice!!! Love the 10/4/2010 ports but would like to see what the Consellation is doing..so I have to wait I guess until the end of April..

I cruise for fun and relaxation, not for negative and nasty.

I have made frineds for life, and I pick happy, positive associations. Why would I want to go on vacation to be caught up in negativity.

Have a good day everyone and think positive thoughts. Happy cruising to all and enjoy the planning and cruising.

Some cabin advise needed please! I only have one "X" cruise under my belt (Constellation), and I am seriously looking at doing the Baltics on the new Eclipse. We usually book a "regular" balcony cabin on Princess, but always like to find those that have an extended balcony (for those of you familiar with the Princess ships we book on Caribe deck).

What location do you recommend for this class of Celebrity ship? Any specific cabins? Are aft cabins the "creme de la creme"? Do you know if they are fully covered?

Any and all advice would be very much appreciated!

Oh, one more question - Concierge class or not?????

Does anyone have advanced insight on Constellation's summer itineraries for '10? It seems like Constelation will replace Century summer '09 schedule.

I wonder if a Brit Isles/Fjords itinerary will be offered. Saw one a few years ago on Constellation but it hasn't been around for the last two years.

Any insight is *GREATLY* appreciated.

I have a hard time understanding people using these threads to snipe at others. That is not the intention. With a change of attitude you WILL find a large amount of information on these boards, and may even make friends for life. Since you just signed on this month, you may not have picked up on this. If you have a problem with Celebrity, you are welcome to visit other boards.

One of the great things about Cruise Critic is the ability to ignore particular people posting. I just did.

Sorry California C., it´s too easy as it seems to hide behind the internet.

Interesting if the people are having the same position in personal contact.

Does anyone have advanced insight on Constellation's summer itineraries for '10? It seems like Constelation will replace Century summer '09 schedule.

I wonder if a Brit Isles/Fjords itinerary will be offered. Saw one a few years ago on Constellation but it hasn't been around for the last two years.

Any insight is *GREATLY* appreciated.

Well, it looks like many of us are in the same boat.. waiting to see if that is the itinerary or we head over to the Eclipse. We will probably have to wait a week, the 10th.. If anybody has any prior "poop" please list.lol

I have found information on the Constellation on a UK TA website. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link? It will be based in Amsterdam doing 12 nights around the Baltics through the summer months. On June 21st it is doing a 12 night Arctic Circle cruise. Then on September 1st it repositions to Barcelona fro 7 night med cruises. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more information.

I have found information on the Constellation on a UK TA website. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link? It will be based in Amsterdam doing 12 nights around the Baltics through the summer months. On June 21st it is doing a 12 night Arctic Circle cruise. Then on September 1st it repositions to Barcelona fro 7 night med cruises. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more information.

Well, Kruzgal....I will seal my lips if you tell.lol PRETTY PLEASE!!

Does it give any other info about other ships? Maybe you can just copy and past the sailings here.:)

My e-mail is seven1113@yahoo.com.

Can you please send me the travel link for the connie arctic circle,,,, june 21, 2010. I would greatly apprecite it. Thank you. Please put something in the sddress line line, CONNIE ARCTIC so i do not delete you.

carolyn

This is taken from UK TA site - number at the end indicates # of nights of the cruise. Love the 16n over to Venice!

29-Apr-10 CORK - Southampton, Cork (overnight), Southampton 4

03-May-10 CORK - Southampton, Cork (overnight), Southampton 4

07-May-10 SCANDINAVIA & RUSSIA - Southampton, Zeebrugge, Warnemunde, Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburg (overnight), Tallinn, Copenhagen (overnight), Southampton 14

21-May-10 CANARY ISLANDS - Southampton, Madeira, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzaote, Lisbon, Vigo, Southampton 11

01-Jun-10 CANARY ISLANDS - Southampton, Madeira, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzaote, Lisbon, Vigo, Southampton 11

12-Jun-10 SCANDINAVIA & RUSSIA - Southampton, Zeebrugge, Warnemunde, Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburg (overnight), Tallinn, Copenhagen (overnight), Southampton 14

26-Jun-10 SCANDINAVIA & RUSSIA - Southampton, Zeebrugge, Warnemunde, Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburg (overnight), Tallinn, Copenhagen (overnight), Southampton 14

10-Jul-10 SCANDINAVIA & RUSSIA - Southampton, Zeebrugge, Warnemunde, Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburg (overnight), Tallinn, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Southampton 14

24-Jul-10 SPANISH MEDITERRANEAN - Southampton, Vigo, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Barcelona, Provence (Toulon), Palma, Seville (Cadiz), Southampton 14

07-Aug-10 SPANISH MEDITERRANEAN - Southampton, Vigo, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Barcelona, Provence (Toulon), Palma, Seville (Cadiz), Southampton 14

21-Aug-10 SPANISH MEDITERRANEAN - Southampton, Vigo, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Barcelona, Provence (Toulon), Palma, Seville (Cadiz), Southampton 14

04-Sep-10 SPANISH MEDITERRANEAN - Southampton, Vigo, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Barcelona, Provence (Toulon), Palma, Seville (Cadiz), Southampton 14

18-Sep-10 EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN - Southampton, Seville (Cadiz), Cagliari (Sardinia), Split, Venice, Dubrovnik, Palermo, Malaga, Southampton 16

04-Oct-10 EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN - Southampton, Seville (Cadiz), Cagliari (Sardinia), Split, Venice, Dubrovnik, Palermo, Malaga, Southampton 16

20-Oct-10 CANARY ISLANDS - Southampton, Madeira, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzaote, Lisbon, Vigo, Southampton 11

31-Oct-10 CANARY ISLANDS - Southampton, Madeira, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzaote, Lisbon, Vigo, Southampton 11

None of these itineraries are new, geeze I have been to all of them.

If you love a ship for the new smell then enjoy, but don't try to say there are new itineraries.

I only quoted you for the itineraries, the persons I am answering to is Sheplisky.

Okay.. here is my e-mail for the Constellation schedule.. parrotmom@verizon.net Thank You

Okay but can you agree there are other ships on Celeb. that are different then Solstice?

Of course there are but this thread was about the Eclipse.

There are lots of X ships; we found the Constellation to be dull and the Century to be more fun than we expected.

Still, the thread was about Eclipse and the new itineraries for that class of ship which most everyone who has sailed them has liked. With 5 coming, I'd sail those old ones while you can.

I mentioned to my partner that you were saying there isn't enough wood on Solstice and his first reaction was "then that person obviously hasn't been on." The rendezvous lounge, Murano, the Tuscan Grille, Cellar Masters and the coffee area all feature an awful lot of wood. Lots of posters who were unsure about decor before their cruises seem to like it.

Of course there are but this thread was about the Eclipse.

There are lots of X ships; we found the Constellation to be dull and the Century to be more fun than we expected.

Still, the thread was about Eclipse and the new itineraries for that class of ship which most everyone who has sailed them has liked. With 5 coming, I'd sail those old ones while you can.

I mentioned to my partner that you were saying there isn't enough wood on Solstice and his first reaction was "then that person obviously hasn't been on." The rendezvous lounge, Murano, the Tuscan Grille, Cellar Masters and the coffee area all feature an awful lot of wood. Lots of posters who were unsure about decor before their cruises seem to like it.

Thread maybe about Eclipse but is open to anyone with an opinion.

Of course I am going to research the area I am going to travel to and stay at.

If I look at a hotel site for say Barcelona, such as Hotel Cram, if the pictures of the said hotel are not appealing then of course I would not pick it.

A question for those who have manageed to discover the itineraries and such for Eclipse and other new releases. How do the prices look? We're really hoping to book a TA on a Solstice class or a long Caribbean trip if the rumour proves true that Eclipse will take over Connie's run.

I just got off my first RCI cruise and the first thing i did was look for the Eclipse and the itineraries for the Caribbean. I now have to wait 2 more months:(

I wanted to book this week but not sure if i want to put a deposit on something i have no clue what it is. Also being able to drive to the port FLL would be better. it is hard to find a ride to MIA as everyone hates driving there from WPB.

So it looks like i will wait until May to decided anything. I am booked on the Equinox B2B in Jan.:D counting the weeks now.

Andy

like your idea of Pamana- now that would work for me.

Archived