Eclipse announcement

Parrot Mom

I just called the Loyalty Desk phone number, which took me to the Captain's Club. I asked about the WBTA discrepancy - two WB cruises in 2010 (Oct 31 and Nov 11). She didn't know anything about it, in fact, she had not even seen the website yet. She also had no information on pricing, and said we would probably have to wait until March 3rd when booking starts.

Right now rather disappointed in some of the itineraries..but there is a 16 day which looks great.. trans-atlantic naturally.. I would be interested in seeing what the Constellation and the Celebrity are doing WITH PRICES.. SIXTEEN DAYS. ISN'T that a new length for trans-atlantics..

I'm putting my guess in for #1. Maybe even a 10 or 12day itinerary. I can't see them changing Century over from the short itineraries, they've been working well for her. Why not get the premium for both a new ship and a long itinerary?

Of course, now this begs the question of where Connie will head...ooh, I just wish those new itineraries were out already!

Hi Infi !

I agree with you, but Royal Caribbean has had success putting Navigator on Short itineraries, so I can't rule that scenario out. With that said, I hope that Celebrity does not put Eclipse on Short sailings. It's possible that Constellation will continue to do the 13/14 night sailings, and Eclipse will do a brand new itinerary.

Here is my idea : I'd love to see Eclipse pick up the 13/14 night sailings from Constellation, and have Constellation do a mix of Panama Canal itineraries, both full transit to the West Coast, AND 10 night Partial Panama Canal, round trip from either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. The Partial Panama Canal itineraries are in strong demand on Princess and HAL. I feel that Celebrity should be offering the Partial Panama Canal itinerary as well. I would book it in a hearbeat !

Now that it appears Century may not be headed back to Europe, I would have Century do the 4/5 night sailings during the Winter, and 7 night alternating Eastern/Western Caribbean during the Summer.

We will find out Celebrity's Caribbean Plans at the end of April... though if anything Panama Canal is involved, we should hear about it on April 2nd. It may help us connect the dots. Stay Tuned !

Right now rather disappointed in some of the itineraries..but there is a 16 day which looks great.. trans-atlantic naturally.. I would be interested in seeing what the Constellation and the Celebrity are doing WITH PRICES.. SIXTEEN DAYS. ISN'T that a new length for trans-atlantics..

But we don't which transatlantic is correct - there is one for 13 days and one for 16 days and they overlap by a day - 13 night beginning Oct. 31 which means it ends Nov. 12 and the 16 night one begins Nov. 11 - both beginning in Europe.

But we don't which transatlantic is correct - there is one for 13 days and one for 16 days and they overlap by a day - 13 night beginning Oct. 31 which means it ends Nov. 12 and the 16 night one begins Nov. 11 - both beginning in Europe.

Shoud read

they overlap by two days - 13 night beginning Oct. 31 which means it ends Nov. 13.

The Oct 31 itinerary is correct.

Hi Everyone !

I'm glad to see the Eclipse site is up and running, and we now have a chance to see Eclipse's European itineraries.

What I thought was very interesting, is that Eclipse's Transatlantic ends in Miami. While this is only an educated guess, it would seem Miami will be Eclipse's USA Homeport.

Assuming Eclipse stays in Miami, what will her itineraries be ?

1. Take Over the 13/14 night Caribbean itineraries from Constellation ?

2. Take Over the 4/5 night Short Caribbean sailings from Century ?

3. A completely new itinerary ?

Let the speculation begin. We should find out on April 30th.

Food for thought--Equinox is already going to do longer Carib. itins--which is the reason we did not book it while we were on Solstice..

& I think the ship would be wasted on shorter trips--too much loading & unloading for such a big ship.. maybe they'll do something towards the W. carib or down close to panama but not through the canal... as you said , let the speculation begin!

My guess i that she will take over the shorter routes from Century and Century will leave the fleet to join Galaxy in Germany

Hi Caribbeanboy !

While there is a chance Eclipse will do short itineraries, it is very doubtful Century is leaving the fleet. Celebrity put a lot of money into Century's refurbishment a few years ago, so she should be safe for the near future. If any other Celebrity ship leaves the fleet, Mercury will leave before Century.

Hi Caribbeanboy !

While there is a chance Eclipse will do short itineraries, it is very doubtful Century is leaving the fleet. Celebrity put a lot of money into Century's refurbishment a few years ago, so she should be safe for the near future. If any other Celebrity ship leaves the fleet, Mercury will leave before Century.

Century will be sailing the Caribbean all year round.

Well... It looks like they realized that they had 2 Transatlantic sailings listed and removed the November one.

However, now they have May 7th listed twice! Argh... It's listed as an 11-Night Canary Islands & a 14-Night Scandinavia & Russia.

I'm sure the Scandinavia & Russia is the correct one, but why so much confusion???? :rolleyes:

We're looking to book the 4 night Ireland Short Break on 5/3 and the 5/7 14-Night Scandinavia & Russia. Possibly even the Transatlantic on 10/31. :D

However, that too is now listed as an 11-Night Canary Islands!

Hopefully I'll be able to book while on board the Solstice next week.

Hi Albert:) really? Or just a guess?:D

That is what is says in the UK brochures

Well... It looks like they realized that they had 2 Transatlantic sailings listed and removed the November one.

However, now they have May 7th listed twice! Argh... It's listed as an 11-Night Canary Islands & a 14-Night Scandinavia & Russia.

I'm sure the Scandinavia & Russia is the correct one, but why so much confusion???? :rolleyes:

We're looking to book the 4 night Ireland Short Break on 5/3 and the 5/7 14-Night Scandinavia & Russia. Possibly even the Transatlantic on 10/31. :D

However, that too is now listed as an 11-Night Canary Islands!

Hopefully I'll be able to book while on board the Solstice next week.

May 7 is Scand and Russia.

The TA is Oct 31 but Maderia, Tenerife and St Maarten have been dropped. Azores have been added.

I only became aware of the new ship because we got a flier offering a big discount on a sailing (in March I believe), of the new ship.:confused:

I really don't care if a ship is new or elegantly old.

I could tell by the pics that the Solstice was not for us, too much shiny stuff, and seventies look.

I haven't seen pics of the Eclipse, but unless it has lots of wood work and classic design, not interested.

We like elegant classic ships,( I love teak wood:)) and would choose that over bling anytime.

I think Celebrity is going to find themselves in a couple of years after the new has worn off, with half empty ships. :(

If they track how many hits it gets before it goes live, they might realize how obsessed some of us are!!!

Please enlighten me as to what the obsession is exactly, is it just because it is a something that is new?

Is there an obsession as to a new hotel, house, car or new airplane?

It is just because it has not been touched by anybody else, or a new bed to sleep in?

This really confuses me.:confused:

There are so many beautiful ships out there to choose from.

Please enlighten me as to what the obsession is exactly, is it just because it is a something that is new?

Is there an obsession as to a new hotel, house, car or new airplane?

It is just because it has not been touched by anybody else, or a new bed to sleep in?

This really confuses me.:confused:

There are so many beautiful ships out there to choose from.

Well, you've already said that the decor does not appeal to you, although I am hard-pressed to understand where you get 70's decor from. Anyhow, for those of us who have actually been on the Solstice, the nearly universal reviews are positive. There is actually a lot of lovely wood on the ship but you've posted your observations before (I think) and ignored feedback from those who have actually sailed so I doubt I can change your mind. I think the baited breath with which we all await this new ship has to do with the wanting of new itineraries.

Too bad you don't like the ship. Keep your brass and glass and give me Solstice any day. You might try HAL. They have more old-fashioned ships.

Well, you've already said that the decor does not appeal to you, although I am hard-pressed to understand where you get 70's decor from. Anyhow, for those of us who have actually been on the Solstice, the nearly universal reviews are positive. There is actually a lot of lovely wood on the ship but you've posted your observations before (I think) and ignored feedback from those who have actually sailed so I doubt I can change your mind. I think the baited breath with which we all await this new ship has to do with the wanting of new itineraries.

Too bad you don't like the ship. Keep your brass and glass and give me Solstice any day. You might try HAL. They have more old-fashioned ships.

Well I guess the pictures on Celebrity.com the official site of Solstice are completely wrong.:rolleyes:

New itineraries come on!

Hello Parrot Mom and Pop,

and all the great anxious, excited people on this board. I am a big celebrity fan as well and met parott mom and pop last year. We toured together in Lisbon.

Can't wait for the listings. I am interested in the TA October 31 on Eclipse, as it ends in Florida, where I now reside.

Be well, keep your fingers crossed for great prices and ship board credit./ Anyone have a heads up on cabn locations??

Carolyn

HI..you have no idea how I miss all you people from the Connie... We are scheduled to go on our dream cruise with Merman on 4/10 on the Paciific Princess from Manaus to Ft. Lauderdale. A nastier board you would never want to meet up with...and I'm not joking.. the end of November we go out of Barcelona again on the NCL Gem t/a. Have looked at the Eclipse,but prices haven't come out yet.. and there just maybe a cruise of more interest.. Also would like to see what the Constellation is doing? I think I have your e-mail address.. b ut mine is parrotmom@verizon.net

HI..you have no idea how I miss all you people from the Connie... We are scheduled to go on our dream cruise with Merman on 4/10 on the Paciific Princess from Manaus to Ft. Lauderdale. A nastier board you would never want to meet up with...and I'm not joking.. the end of November we go out of Barcelona again on the NCL Gem t/a. Have looked at the Eclipse,but prices haven't come out yet.. and there just maybe a cruise of more interest.. Also would like to see what the Constellation is doing? I think I have your e-mail address.. b ut mine is parrotmom@verizon.net

So nice to hear from you. i do not know what the connie will be doing. i am going on her in sept 09 again. harwich to bayonne. Thought it might be fun to try the new ship, but i want to see the itineraries as well. This years Connie is doing a similar trip as it did in 07.

The third is the date for the releases, march third.

Stay well,

Carolyn

So nice to hear from you. i do not know what the connie will be doing. i am going on her in sept 09 again. harwich to bayonne. Thought it might be fun to try the new ship, but i want to see the itineraries as well. This years Connie is doing a similar trip as it did in 07.

The third is the date for the releases, march third.

Stay well,

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn.. when I discovered the itinerary and called Celebrity they said there was a 300 person waiting list..Received a call a few months ago and they offered me a cabin for a ridiculous price.. and I said "no thanks".. I love that itinerary and the ship.. so I'll wait untiil I see what they are offering... In this economy I don't think there will be a huge rush.. lthough I must admit for the Equinox we got a great price and location and it killed me to cancel, but I just wasn't happy with the itinerary.. Do you know I stil have that list from the Constellation of e-mail names Bob posted. Oh yes.. in November we are gong back to the remodeled Hotel Continental.. Warm wishes.. Sandra

Archived