Eclipse announcement

Parrot Mom

Will we see Eclipse here in the Caribbean or will she sail year round in Europe?

Hi Caribbeanboy !

According to the postcard some Captains Club Members recieved, Eclipse should be spending the 2010/2011 Winter season in the Caribbean.

Hi Caribbeanboy !

According to the postcard some Captains Club Members recieved, Eclipse should be spending the 2010/2011 Winter season in the Caribbean.

Hi Andy.. have that card, but still trying to find where it will sail from to the US.. i.e. trans-atlantic crossing... and wonder when the other trans-atlantics will be posted.

Much of the excitement has disappated for me.

Checked several times but no special post at the link as promised in the postcard--lack of coordination in their PR to say the least.

Seems the only cruises that will be open for booking sail from Southampton--not much sense flying from NY to Southampton and then go to the Med or Canary islands..was hoping for a Great Britain /Ireland itin to be brought back But it is good news for our friends across the pond!

The card also mentioned sailing the Caribbean

"new ship, new ports, new sights, new possibilities!"

"Sailing Europe and the Caribbean in 2010"

I was looking forward to the Caribbean in 2010.....guess we'll have to stay tuned for that one!

Hi Everyone !

I thought you would be interested to know the Eclipse website should go live today (tonight ?). Also, my understanding is that Celebrity will only be releasing the European itineraries at this time. Eclipse's Caribbean itineraries are not expected to be released until the regularly scheduled time in late April.

Since it looks like the Constellation will be taking the Century's place in Europe for the summer of 2010, where do you think Celebrity will deploy the Century? I hope they put her in the Caribbean for the summer of 2010.

Hi Tromvest !

That's what I am hoping too. We probably have to wait until late April to find out though.

Hi Everyone !

I thought you would be interested to know the Eclipse website should go live today (tonight ?). Also, my understanding is that Celebrity will only be releasing the European itineraries at this time. Eclipse's Caribbean itineraries are not expected to be released until the regularly scheduled time in late April.

Thanks Andy! Have been wondering what happened with the release dates. First, the 20th and then the 23rd and..... we're anxiously awaiting!:D

Why do people get so excited about new ships?

There are so many wonderful ships out there.

Is it because we can be the first to sleep on the mattresses?

I really don't understand it, please convey to me the trill of new ships?

I was raised to enjoy the classics, so enlighten me!!:)

But... IT'S NEW!!!! It has that new ship smell. You can be the first to discover new places and things before anyone else.

Your heart beats just a bit faster when you see the newest model. You can compare notes with people and talk about how this bar was in that spot in the first incarnation of the ship, how they changed the carpeting in this room, how they subtly modified one area to make it work better.

There is that, plus the fact that we are big nerds! (hee-hee)

Mike

But... IT'S NEW!!!! It has that new ship smell. You can be the first to discover new places and things before anyone else.

Your heart beats just a bit faster when you see the newest model. You can compare notes with people and talk about how this bar was in that spot in the first incarnation of the ship, how they changed the carpeting in this room, how they subtly modified one area to make it work better.

There is that, plus the fact that we are big nerds! (hee-hee)

Mike

I myself prefer smaller ships, but since they are not building the little jewels I look forward to seeing as OttowaPups says.. new ports.. I don't care about the ice bars, the bowling alleys, I just want to know where the ship is going.. and if in Europe..what ports they are going to go to on their way back to the U.S. Want to go to Iceland, Greenland, Ireland and Norway.. the ports that are less frequented..so, when the big ships come out...the smaller ones take on these less frequented ports.. So, everybody..send me to that site.. I can't find it...lol

The Eclipse announcement site is up and running.....The information is pretty light. It seems to be a teezer with more to come.

http://rccl.bridgetrack.com/08/promotions/eclipse/default.htm?ProspectID=C9C38C8832A440B18ACD4AD9EB10F0C7

How is it possible she's doing two western bound transatlantics 11 days apart? You think they'd proofread these things. :eek:

Isn't she being built in Germany? She won't have far to go :)

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. We are thinking of a Transatlantic late next April, but we may opt to fly over and do our car show in the UK, and then go down to Southampton for the 4 night cruise to Cork.

I noticed that too. Wonder which is correct?

CELEBRITY ECLIPSE

13-NIGHT Westbound Transatlantic

2010 Departure Dates:

October 31

CRUISE PORTS: Southampton, England; Paris/Normandy (Le Havre), France; Cherbourg, France; Vigo, Spain; Ponta Delgada, Azores; Miami, Florida

CELEBRITY ECLIPSE

16-NIGHT Westbound Transatlantic

2010 Departure Dates:

November 11

Cherbourg, France; Vigo, Spain; Madeira (Funchal), Portugal; Tenerife, Canary Islands; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Miami, Florida

Hi Everyone !

I'm glad to see the Eclipse site is up and running, and we now have a chance to see Eclipse's European itineraries.

What I thought was very interesting, is that Eclipse's Transatlantic ends in Miami. While this is only an educated guess, it would seem Miami will be Eclipse's USA Homeport.

Assuming Eclipse stays in Miami, what will her itineraries be ?

1. Take Over the 13/14 night Caribbean itineraries from Constellation ?

2. Take Over the 4/5 night Short Caribbean sailings from Century ?

3. A completely new itinerary ?

Let the speculation begin. We should find out on April 30th.

Wow, these look fun. A number of different ports, at least for us. The Spanish Med cruises look neat also. I have been to Palma on a Navy ship and it was my favorite Med port. Love to see it again.

The UK site shows the Connie Artic Circle cruise in Jun 10. THAT would be fun! Looks like I'll just have to work a few more years and spend it all on cruising.

Denny

This is taken from UK TA site - number at the end indicates # of nights of the cruise. Love the 16n over to Venice!

29-Apr-10 CORK - Southampton, Cork (overnight), Southampton 4

03-May-10 CORK - Southampton, Cork (overnight), Southampton 4

24-Jul-10 SPANISH MEDITERRANEAN - Southampton, Vigo, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Barcelona, Provence (Toulon), Palma, Seville (Cadiz), Southampton 14

07-Aug-10 SPANISH MEDITERRANEAN - Southampton, Vigo, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Barcelona, Provence (Toulon), Palma, Seville (Cadiz), Southampton 14

18-Sep-10 EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN - Southampton, Seville (Cadiz), Cagliari (Sardinia), Split, Venice, Dubrovnik, Palermo, Malaga, Southampton 16

04-Oct-10 EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN - Southampton, Seville (Cadiz), Cagliari (Sardinia), Split, Venice, Dubrovnik, Palermo, Malaga, Southampton 16

Very nice, indeed!!!!

All 3!!!

Very nice arranged

Guess we'll have to wait for the Carib ports & itins just a bit longer..Seems Solstice & Equinox will sail from FT lauderdale & Eclipse from Miami-not our fav but workable,,,hope they have some new ports & 7 day trips.

can't wait to see what other X ships are in these ports when they announce the new schedule--

Guess we'll have to wait for the Carib ports & itins just a bit longer..Seems Solstice & Equinox will sail from FT lauderdale & Eclipse from Miami-not our fav but workable,,,hope they have some new ports & 7 day trips.

can't wait to see what other X ships are in these ports when they announce the new schedule--

hcat, you have sharper eyes than me! I did not notice that. I LOVE the sailaway from Miami.

Hi Everyone !

I'm glad to see the Eclipse site is up and running, and we now have a chance to see Eclipse's European itineraries.

What I thought was very interesting, is that Eclipse's Transatlantic ends in Miami. While this is only an educated guess, it would seem Miami will be Eclipse's USA Homeport.

Assuming Eclipse stays in Miami, what will her itineraries be ?

1. Take Over the 13/14 night Caribbean itineraries from Constellation ?

2. Take Over the 4/5 night Short Caribbean sailings from Century ?

3. A completely new itinerary ?

Let the speculation begin. We should find out on April 30th.

I'm putting my guess in for #1. Maybe even a 10 or 12day itinerary. I can't see them changing Century over from the short itineraries, they've been working well for her. Why not get the premium for both a new ship and a long itinerary?

Of course, now this begs the question of where Connie will head...ooh, I just wish those new itineraries were out already!

Archived