what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

Okay now for a funny or had to be there story - while on Hogs on the High Seas cruise aboard the Mariner of the Seas last Nov - a couple of days into the cruise the captain comes to one of our nightly give-a-way shows and tells us he was asked to give us a talk - He then tells us (1500 bikers) that for the next day or so the seas might be a little rough and that we might have to change/cancel a port due to Hurricane Paloma being right in front of us - it was only silent for a second when I believe someone in back yells " H*ll Yes - HURRICANE PAAARRRTTY" everyone joins in - the Captain just stands there on stage with a real funny look on his face for a few minutes then tells us -

In all my years doing this I have NEVER gotten that kind of reaction when I have had to give this kind of news - you guys really do look for any excuse to party and have a good time.

well Paloma ended up moving to the north east across Cuba so no change to our itinerary, there were a lot of sick people for a couple of days blaming the seas (yeah right - I did not feel the ship rocking too bad except for one sea day/night where we passed through the tail of Paloma). the DW and I had a balcony room so we would sit watch the awesome thunderstorms

Our last cruise on Liberty in September, was a funny one! We saw breasts everywhere! A topless lady in Labadee walking around like it was nothing! (isnt that a family place!) Then there was "can you remember the lyrics" game where this Brazilian girl who had no idea about american music for some reason played, w/o a bra and a very low cut white shirt that you could see through especially with the spot light on her, long story short as she was performing and dancing all over the place a boobie came out! And the crowd went wild! LOL Same cruise after the mid-night buffet and dance party me and friend went looking for our husbands and as we walked around the pool deck we found a couple having sex right there in the shadows of the pool deck, it was about 2am, and really there was those two, and us four on the pool deck so maybe it was our fault! lol :D

While waiting for an elevator aboard Infinity, there was a man and woman also waiting.

He very casually looked at her and said "I brought you on the cruise to let you down easy. I filed for divorce before we left home." And he walked away. I don't know what happened after that because the elevator came, I got on and she didn't.

while waiting for an elevator aboard infinity, there was a man and woman also waiting.

He very casually looked at her and said "i brought you on the cruise to let you down easy. I filed for divorce before we left home." and he walked away. I don't know what happened after that because the elevator came, i got on and she didn't.

wow!

I bet the other woman was on the ship, and he was going to be staying in her cabin. But what a thing to do to someone you are or were married to! I hope she realizes he did her a favor.

• 2 weeks later...

This happened last Thursday, 5/21/09, in St Lucia. The shipped had just docked and people were lining up for their excurrsions on the pier. My wife looked up and stated saying "Oh MY God!" over and over. So of course we all looked up. There on a balcony on Veranda Deck (this would have been one of our nieghbors) was a man COMPLETELY NAKED having his wife spray on sunscreen. There most of been 500 or 600 of us on the pier and we alll stated to laugh. They guy goes back inside his stateroom for a minute then comes back out onto the balcony, still naked. There is no way that he did not know that we all were watching. I got a great shot of it. I wanted to get it printed off and post it on his cabin door. But I didn't.

wow!

That is definately a wow:eek:...but at the same time how would you like to recieve the news? On a cruise where you can just chill? Or would you like it in the middle of a hectic day at work. Either way the guy is an a$$ hole...overall sounds pretty thoughtfull to me:confused:

This happened last Thursday, 5/21/09, in St Lucia. The shipped had just docked and people were lining up for their excurrsions on the pier. My wife looked up and stated saying "Oh MY God!" over and over. So of course we all looked up. There on a balcony on Veranda Deck (this would have been one of our nieghbors) was a man COMPLETELY NAKED having his wife spray on sunscreen. There most of been 500 or 600 of us on the pier and we alll stated to laugh. They guy goes back inside his stateroom for a minute then comes back out onto the balcony, still naked. There is no way that he did not know that we all were watching. I got a great shot of it. I wanted to get it printed off and post it on his cabin door. But I didn't.

I would have.............:):D:)

Bob

Legend of the Seas - Feb 2, 2008 (our last day cruising)

A 350+ lb Russian Man decided to join me, my husband, another couple and 2 pre-teen girls in the hot tub. He sat right at the entrance of the hot tub and wouldn't move. None of us could get out. He sprawled himself out and started splashing water at all of us. Several people from his group came and tried to talk to him but left in frustration. It took 4 attendants to drag him out kicking and cussing at the top of his lungs in Russian and when the finally got him out of the hot tub it took another 5 or 6 attendants to subue him. The 2 girls were in tears and scared to death.

Funny story to tell now but awful when it happened. I hope they threw him overboard! :mad:

Last year we were on the mariner and i was about to be sick from the rocking n rolling with 12 foot seas. AS I entered the elevator this young couple were getting it on behind me. the gentleman who I thought was old as my fifteen yr old son says to me who I am older than dirt said to me We are only friends, My wife is in the cabin with her husband!

I nearly threw up on them.. the door opened up and all flood gates broke out, they started to puke too. Then a man who was about to enter he gave out a large smelly thing and he started to puke after us. I nearly died, when my floor opened up and I left.

So that was the most funniest thing that every happend. There was also another time where a man strutted on stage with no close on. that was on the carnival legend

Maybe you can send it over to all of us to see! hope you had a lovely trip. we leave on sunday! Mom

Maybe you can send it over to all of us to see! hope you had a lovely trip. we leave on sunday! Mom

Don't know if they would let it stay up. But IMGP0537.jpg.4f55fd8e7d69e74f198f0c0dd658630d.jpg And Yes we had a blast. It was a long cruise with no sea days but it was great.

Edited by lilytuck

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the explorer of the seas in 2007 and me and my husband went to the grand buffet. On a lot of the cruises they make the flowers and decorations out of fruit, but as we all know, not all of them are actually made out of fruit. So here we are, behind this rather large woman who goes and takes one of the "fruit" flowers. The gentleman working behind the buffet kindly asked her to put the flower down, as it is made out of plastic. Then the women starts SCREAMING at this staff member about how she knows he's lying and that all the flowers were made out of fruit. So turns around to all of us on line behind her that witnessed her screaming at the man and takes a huge bite out of the flower. She ended up getting her teeth stuck in the plastic flower and it took her a while to get it off her teeth. Needless to say, I nearly peed in my pants.

Last year we were on the mariner and i was about to be sick from the rocking n rolling with 12 foot seas. AS I entered the elevator this young couple were getting it on behind me. the gentleman who I thought was old as my fifteen yr old son says to me who I am older than dirt said to me We are only friends, My wife is in the cabin with her husband!

I nearly threw up on them.. the door opened up and all flood gates broke out, they started to puke too. Then a man who was about to enter he gave out a large smelly thing and he started to puke after us. I nearly died, when my floor opened up and I left.

So that was the most funniest thing that every happend. There was also another time where a man strutted on stage with no close on. that was on the carnival legend

Ouch, what month was that?? I am about to go on mariner and hope its not rocky! Actually we are going in August:) but that must have been an awful experience, i though Mariner is a big ship!

I have a couple of things to offer,our first cruise on Royal Caribbean there was a couple that drank non-stop,they wore the exact same thing the entire seven days of the cruise,no matter if it was drinking by the pool,eating at the buffet,shore excursion,etc. She was a bit on the overweight size and wore a cowboy hat and a white bikini,he wore a white muscle shirt(muscles not included) with a pair of Corona Extra swim trunk. My husband said he never in his life wished he was blind until he saw this woman in her bikini and to this date my now 16 year old daughter see's anything advertising Corona Extra and wants to scream. Another Royal Caribbean cruise we saw a group of people together (another seven day cruise)the night before we returned to our home port when we went done to the Pursers Desk to settle our tab and get our tip envelopes,a guy that was part of the group was in front of us and he was there to question them about his bill,come to find out he was drunk and buying drinks for everyone on deck,another occasion everyone in the formal dining room,etc. when he received his bill he sobered up really quick,his American Express bill was charged almost $10,000, I am not making this up. He stated he was drunk non-stop from the time he got on the ship and shouldn't have to pay because he was clearly to intoxicated to know what he was doing saying that the cruise line should be responsible for allowing him to charge up that much of a bill. Needless to say he was responsible and payed the ridiculous bar tab he ran up. I'm sure he probably tried to dispute it with his credit card company when he got back home.

I have spent the last 6 hours reading all 45 pages of this thread and laughing my fool head off! My kids thought I was reading a Stephanie Plum novel! I can't believe this thread has been kept alive for 5 years!

The only somewhat funny story I have happened at dinner on our first cruise. We were seated with one other couple near the wait station. The couple was elderly and were on a cruise given to them by their kids for their 50th Anniversary. Angelo and Doreen were the sweetest things. Anyway, at dinner our first night, we were having a nice discussion when Angelo suddenly got quiet and you could tell he was getting angry. We asked him what was wrong and he didn't say anything. When our waiter and his asst. came to the table, Angelo started speaking to them in Italian. Both waiters faces fell to the floor!!! Seems the 2 of them were making disparaging remarks about the pax thinking no one understood them. Turned out Angelo was a first generation Italian American! Angelo never did tell us what they said and after that first night, all 4 of us switched to a table for 6 so we never saw that wait staff again!

As I read the previous post I was reminded of a story from our last cruise. This story does not fit the title of the thread but rather is more of a humorous thing. We were on a Celebrity Ship and the make up of the passengers were well, I will call it "long in the tooth". My wife and I are both in our early 50s ourselves. One night at dinner one of our tablemates who was in her 80s turned to my wife and said, "you know, there are alot of old people on this boat". This happened over a year ago and my wife and I still chuckle about that.

Edited by tgptmp