all inclusive cruising?

zugzug15

Regent would probably be your best bet when it comes to cost compared to the others mentioned. But even if you add up your shipboard account to your cruise cost on other lines, you still won't come close to the cost of a Regent cruise in comparison. IMHO!

a few questions for everyone...

do they exist?

If Yes: how much do they cost and what cruise lines have them.

If No: how much would you be willing to pay? (on a per day basis)

I have cruised RCL and Regent and yes the cost is more with Regent but they are totally different venues. I did the Med on Regent and it was one of the most special vacations I have ever had. No drink tickets, no figuring tips, wine in my stateroom, balcony for every stateroom. The food in the Specialty restaurants was fabulous, no charge. No one pandering the drink of the day, sorry but this bothers me. But I have also taken my children on RCL and girl cruises on RCL and I would not have done it differently. We had a great time. It depends on what you are looking for and what you are willing to pay. We are doing Regent again this summer to Alaska with free air, free excursions, all inclusive, and we they are flying us in a day a head and putting us up in a hotel on them and giving us a dinner voucher. My TA also got us shipboard credit. I enjoyed both cruise lines, I would never do Norwegian again. You just have to decide if the cost for all the extras is worth it to you. One thing if you are serious about Regent I would suggest going through a TA as they can get you more perks than going directly through Regent or on line. Happy Cruising.:D

Regent would probably be your best bet when it comes to cost compared to the others mentioned. But even if you add up your shipboard account to your cruise cost on other lines, you still won't come close to the cost of a Regent cruise in comparison. IMHO!

It really depends on the cruise whether the cost is comparable. We have done 2 TA's on X, we have done 3 TA's on Cunard and we have done one TA on Seabourn. While all were booked at decent prices, one of the X cruises and the Seabourn TA were booked at HEAVY discounts.

Our shipboard account usually runs about $2000 for 2 weeks on mainstream cruise lines. Seabourn cruise was about $4300.00 total cruise price. X cruise (heavily discounted) was about $2800 for the cruise only. BUT when we added in the onboard expenses, we spent more total on X than we did on Seabourn (about $700.00).

I will agree that for MOST cruises, you will spend a lot more for an all inclusive. But there are some bargains out there, especially this year.

I would not be willing to pay one dime for one. I do not like ALL INCLUSIVE anything because I don't USE ALL that is INCLUSIVE. I much prefer to pay a reduced and reasonable fare for the cruise, ship, and Cabin I prefer and pay for the services and items I actually want and will use.

The same way I resent paying for Cable TV that includes several Sport channels that I will never in a million years turn on if you paid me to, and that I have to get through when surfing etc.

Examples on Cruise, I don't drink, I drink Soda not available on any ship. I don't often eat in the specialty places. I don't buy on board photos. I have to book my own excursions usually since almost none of the ships are truely accessible in a WC.

There is a British line which is inexpensive, called Thomson, which does an all inclusive package for £169, but is free if you book early, or £69 as we've just done for the Red Sea next Jan. I believe they do trips to the Caribbean, but it would be cruise only. The ships are older-the latest 2 are HAL's old ships- and they are very British in character. Tips are included. They have just come second to Cunard on a UK website-jocap.

There is a British line which is inexpensive, called Thomson, which does an all inclusive package for £169, but is free if you book early, or £69 as we've just done for the Red Sea next Jan. I believe they do trips to the Caribbean, but it would be cruise only. The ships are older-the latest 2 are HAL's old ships- and they are very British in character. Tips are included. They have just come second to Cunard on a UK website-jocap.

Yes when we lived in the Uk we did an all inclusive with Thomson smaller ships and excellent service we never had to wait for a drink and certainly never had to go to the bar in fact sometimes we had to say no more thank you ..... This trip did not include shore excrusions but everything else was included and I found this - as a very good bargain something like half priuce - on the teletext advertisements on the uk TV which you can get on the internet try the 3 w's teletext dot co dot uk dot forward slash teletext holidays or google it

Royal Caribbean Cruise Company is the owner of two all-inclusive mainstream (not luxury) cruise lines at the present time, Pullmantur their Spanish subsidiary, and Croisieres de France their French subsidiary. Both lines include all drinks,alcoholic and non alcoholic but not excursions or gratuities for regular cruiseline prices. Pity that they mainly sail out of Spain and France, although both have had ships in the Caribbean this past winter.

I found Thomson cruises brilliant on a cruise and stay in the carribean.

Although this was nine years ago, I have very fond memories. The only extras we needed were when we went ashore even the tips were included and the service was second to none.

Sandian

We have only taken Regent; on a "2 for 1" deal (and there are many of them, now!) a good rule of thumb is $1000/day per cabin. If it's not 2 for 1, then $1000/per person per day.

All of the luxury lines are running specials right now. They are not inexpensive, however, you really need to add everything you are paying for with your current cruise line. For some 2009 sailings and all 2010, Regent offers:

Included airfare

Included excursions (either free or dramatically discounted)

2 for 1 fares (you can get some 7 night fares for around $3,000/person)

All drinks (alcoholic or not) included

Tipping included

Their speciality super upscale restaurants included

2 of their ships all-balcony (other ship 80% balconies)

No inside cabins

Largest suites (cabins) at sea

700 passengers -- no crowds (note: one ship has 490 passengers)

Even if this isn't something you're ready for now. . . you may want to think about it for a special birthday or anniversary in the future.

No, I don't work for Regent;)

do they exist?

My sister and her husband left yesterday to all inclusive in Mexico, called Occidental All Inclusive Resorts you can google it in, they paid now this is with air from tampa fl all the, food, room all the booze you can drink for 7 days,entertainment with 14 resturants, 28 bars and nightclubs was 359.00 pp for 7 days... thats a bargarin

The air fair was 119 round trip the food, room was just under 50.00 per day... they booked it 6 months ago and now everyone is getting heads up on the place but you are stuck in one place no sight seeing just beach and pool... not for me I hate drinking and i want to hang out No gambling, just relaxing thats all it is..

ITS similar to Club Med like place Not for me:rolleyes:

If you book now for 2010 or 2011 then your rates are far better than the next guy... let me me tell you, my cruise dropped 3 times this year, you got to check 3 times... i am going on several cruises.

I have previously went on a cruise last month from carnival Inspiration older ship and got it for 281.00 for 5 days not bad from tampa. then on my ucoming ship dropped their prices 3 times to where I can afford to pay them, also... if you book 2 yrs in advance they give you big discounts to and upgrades

so that is worth it too... also try all inclusives... they are somtimes inexpensive somtimes not.

do they exist?

Your gonna love the Mariner she is a sweet gal big mean very big not as big as the one i am traveling on again the Freedom but she is big... love her she is the most popular ship that is why they gave it to calif.

No cruise ships will never have all inclusives because they make too much money on charging for the drinks... for every drink with half of shot of booze is not less than 5.00 each... a soda is no less than 1.75 in a can... so they make money on the drinkers and gamblers, nothing else. the food is cheap, ( by the way I used to work for a cruise line) not anymore... Although I loved the company the one employee got me into trouble with the food line too slow who knows.. I was a Chef

by the way... I am willing to pay on an all inclusive no more than 700.00 pp per day cause if a ship or a all inclusive is more than 100.00 a day its not worth it with times being so tough and hard. the ships are suffering and also the food on RCCL is not as good as Carnival or Celebrity or Century.

So you figure it out. They cut back on everything but to cut back on people who put money in your pocket that is very sad.

Soon it will be like Disney world in florida too high a price nothing to show for it all old rides and nasty workers.

Times will change... IF it turns like that I will be on my last cruise next year on the Oasis:mad:

I would not be willing to pay one dime for one. I do not like ALL INCLUSIVE anything because I don't USE ALL that is INCLUSIVE. I much prefer to pay a reduced and reasonable fare for the cruise, ship, and Cabin I prefer and pay for the services and items I actually want and will use.

The same way I resent paying for Cable TV that includes several Sport channels that I will never in a million years turn on if you paid me to, and that I have to get through when surfing etc.

Examples on Cruise, I don't drink, I drink Soda not available on any ship. I don't often eat in the specialty places. I don't buy on board photos. I have to book my own excursions usually since almost none of the ships are truely accessible in a WC.

totally agree coming from a tightwad gazzette, I do the same. I rather get a cabin that I want and then check 3 times a day for the price to fall out, I get the inside cabin except for this time I am on anniv with hubby and sometimes I do a cruise alone. I love those do my own thing, witout somone farting in the same room rooolf... and I go for very little as possible but I am happy and those are the best vacations

Last year we dh and i went on the Carnival Inspiration last minitue deals... 2 weeks prior got the inside cabin below deck for 5 days, all the food we ate till we were blue this color for under 249.00 pp 5 days with port charges and taxes, could not beat that. We came home and rebooked the same day and did it again. so had 10 days for 500.00 each... and to me that was a great relaxing trip... stayed in the same cabin they wanted to up us We said No, we did not want to pay anymore money... so who can tell you anything?

Archived