Discounts ending May 31, 2009?

Hi Everybody!

We are seriously looking at a 12 day Med cruise on the Mariner for Summer of 2010. Regent's website states that we will receive an additional $2,000 off our fare if we book by May 31, 2009.

My problem is this: We are taking our first Regent cruise next month (Alaska, June 24, 2009) and I really would like to experience the ship and truly know that this is "our" cruise line before I book another cruise. On the other hand, I don't want to miss out on what I consider to be a substantial savings.

Does anyone know if they plan on extending this savings period past 5/31? Does anyone know if they are continuing the free air and excursions for the foreseeable future?

Also, what other discounts can I look forward to if I book the 2010 cruise while onboard my Alaska cruise? Are there two separate breaks---one for repeat cruisers, and one for booking while onboard?

Thanks for everyone's help. This board has been a true gem for us as we plan our cruises.

Hi Everybody!

We are seriously looking at a 12 day Med cruise on the Mariner for Summer of 2010. Regent's website states that we will receive an additional $2,000 off our fare if we book by May 31, 2009.

My problem is this: We are taking our first Regent cruise next month (Alaska, June 24, 2009) and I really would like to experience the ship and truly know that this is "our" cruise line before I book another cruise. On the other hand, I don't want to miss out on what I consider to be a substantial savings.

Does anyone know if they plan on extending this savings period past 5/31? Does anyone know if they are continuing the free air and excursions for the foreseeable future?

Also, what other discounts can I look forward to if I book the 2010 cruise while onboard my Alaska cruise? Are there two separate breaks---one for repeat cruisers, and one for booking while onboard?

Thanks for everyone's help. This board has been a true gem for us as we plan our cruises.

My advice to you is to book your cruise before May 31, 2009. If you decide that Regent isn't your cruise line, no harm, no foul, just cancel. I WOULD NOT take a chance on losing the deep discounts for a small on-board booking perk. These discounts can't and won't last forever. Book it now, and cancel later, if need be...

Host Dan

I've yet to sail on Mariner but will in September. I have however toured the ship. I've sailed on Voyager and Navigator and although the suites are smaller on Mariner, they're still great. If Regent doesn't please you, nothing will. I'm sure you'll love it, unless you're teenagers! We've gone ahead and booked for 2010.

Concur with Host Dan, book now before the promtion ends May 31st..at link below is

a recent press release describing the tremendous increase in Regent bookings since mid

March. My guess, it is only a guess, is after May 31 this offer will end.

However, in order to book you will have to deposit (10% of cruise fare) and

if you cancel, Regent charges $100 cancellation fee pp(you can recover if you rebook

another cruise (believe it is within a year). But with this super offer, $2k off fare,

would book now.

You will get a specific discount for your on board booking depending on the cabin

you book (from $225 up) and some sailings are Seven Seas Society savings which

will also get you a modest discount.

Finally, if you have a good Travel Agent, he/she will ensure you get as many discounts

from Regent as they can reasonably obtain on your behalf and more than likely offer you

further discounts as your TA.

http://www.cruise-community.com/ShowStory.asp?ID=16871

The 2010 brochures indicate included excursions and airfare. If anything, I expect more cruises to become 2 for 1 next year (which would equal or exceed the current $2,000 discount). The fact that there were heavy bookings for a week or month or ??? is not a real indicator of how the bookings will be for 52 weeks in 2010 (JMO).

If you want to play it safe -- I agree with Host Dan. I would wait until I was on the Mariner and book it onboard. There is no doubt in my mind that you will love the Mariner and that the Med. cruise you are looking at for the summer of 2010 will not be more expensive than if you booked it today.

Book it now. You have practically nothing to lose. The only down side is if you decide that you absolutely don't want to go on Regent again, which I highly doubt. (It is our favorite cruise line.) If you decide to change cruises, as was said, you can move the deposit. If you have a good TA, you may even get a retroactive onboard booking discount for the cruise when you are on your Alaskan cruise. Our TA automatically takes care of this.

(I'm not sure what Travelcat2 was suggesting because at first it sounded like she agreed with Dan that you should book it now, and then she said you should wait.)

As mentioned, the risk is minimal. We are already very impressed with Regent - and we don't even sail until December.

Our cruise was one of the few 2009 cruises not slated for the free air offer in addition to the 2-for-1 and free shore excursion offers. Once I noticed that our cruise had been added to the free air list, I had our TA contact Regent to inquire. They had already credited us $500 pp as an airfare credit! I had already booked our air with FF miles and will stay with those arrangements.

What a pleasure to have a cruise line pro-actively employ this type of customer focused approach. I had envisioned a hassel similar to getting other lines (not listed below since we will never sail with them) to honor their offers. We are definitely looking at 2010 with Regent!

As mentioned, the risk is minimal. We are already very impressed with Regent - and we don't even sail until December.

Our cruise was one of the few 2009 cruises not slated for the free air offer in addition to the 2-for-1 and free shore excursion offers. Once I noticed that our cruise had been added to the free air list, I had our TA contact Regent to inquire. They had already credited us $500 pp as an airfare credit! I had already booked our air with FF miles and will stay with those arrangements.

What a pleasure to have a cruise line pro-actively employ this type of customer focused approach. I had envisioned a hassel similar to getting other lines (not listed below since we will never sail with them) to honor their offers. We are definitely looking at 2010 with Regent!

That is impressive!

As I research future cruises, I'm liking Regent more and more.

You definitely want to book the cruise now, get your booking number, then take that info with you on your upcoming cruise. Regent will give you the future cruise credit on the existing booking! It will appear as a credit toward the "balance due." Just make sure your TA is aware you are doing this, as Regent will notify him or her at the time you visit the cruise consultant onboard.

(I'm not sure what Travelcat2 was suggesting because at first it sounded like she agreed with Dan that you should book it now, and then she said you should wait.)

I was agreeing with Dan IF you are concerned there is a risk to booking after May 31st. Otherwise, I was saying to wait. Those of you who feel that there is nothing to lose by booking early are correct. However, there is a very remote chance that the Op won't want to book another cruise. In that case, there would be a cancellation fee.

So everybody seems to agree that the May 31st date will hold up? I.e., that those specials will be gone and they can fill the 2010 ships without more discounts? We'll see about that. I'm standing pat for now, but then it's likely we won't cruise in 2010 unless we have to cancel our December Voyager trip for some reason.

But for the risk of $200, I would probably go for it, in your position.

Hey guys---

I booked my 2010 Med cruise today with my TA. *yay* :D

However, I needed to call Regent anyway about my upcoming Alaska cruise. I flat out asked the Regent rep if the 5/31 date for the additional discounts will be extended and I was told that it WILL be extended to 6/30/09. I was surprised, given how well it appears bookings are going, but there it is.

And thanks again for all the great advice.

Cheers!

Hey guys---

I booked my 2010 Med cruise today with my TA. *yay* :D

However, I needed to call Regent anyway about my upcoming Alaska cruise. I flat out asked the Regent rep if the 5/31 date for the additional discounts will be extended and I was told that it WILL be extended to 6/30/09. I was surprised, given how well it appears bookings are going, but there it is.

And thanks again for all the great advice.

Cheers!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So happy you booked the Med cruise. It is such an incredible itinerary -- we loved every minute.

Not surprised that the additional discounts will be extended -- it was kind of a no brainer!:D

Not surprised that the additional discounts will be extended -- it was kind of a no brainer!:D

But I'd just add to anyone thinking about booking down the road, it's worth being aware that Regent can trim, tweak, reduce or selectively limit any of these discounts as time passes and they gauge how their load capacities are increasing.

-- Eric

Archived