New luggage

Momma Mojito

Hope someone knows this answer. I'm looking to buy new luggage and someone mentioned to me that there is luggage that comes with a lifetime guarentee, no matter what happens..... I can't seem to find any that does.. Would any of you know what make it is, if at all this was a true statement. Thanks

Before you go spending tons of money on "lifetime" guarantees, check many different styles/costs of luggage. "Lifetime" may just mean the lifetime of the suitcase....not YOUR lifetime! Getting a bag repaired may not be the best option....sometimes, just replacing is better!

Buy something as light as you can find, in the size and color you want.

Luggage doesn't have to be expensive to do it's job!

Check out the Briggs & Reilly line of bags. At one time, they had the "lifetime" warranty. Not sure about now. E-bags brand is also quite good for customer service, and their Mother Lode duffles are great for carrying plenty of stuff in a durable "container" at relatively light weight.

On any recommendations for lifetime warranties please be sure to read all of the detail as how this works will vary signficantly by company. This is no diffrerent than other items where certain guarantees are made. Then determine if that is the price that you want to pay.

I can't put my fingers on it but a few years ago I read a study that was done on this where it showed that what some companies were saying was a lifetime warranty was misleading.

So, again, the devil is in the details.

Keith

Thanks for all the information all of you have given me. Today, I went to the Tanger

Outlets near where I'm from and stopped at the Samsonite Store. The clerk was very informative, and told me that some of the luggage is made for them and the Samsonite tag is put on it. These only carry a three year warrenty, while the luggage made in the Samsonite factories carry a ten year warrenty.

We own Briggs and Riley luggage. Yes, B&R offer the industry's only lifetime warrarnty: (taken directly from BR's website)

If your Briggs & Riley bag is ever broken or damaged, even if it was caused by an airline, we will repair it free of charge. Simple as that!

I traveled extensively throughout the US for the Army the last four years and became tired of buying new luggage due to wear & tear (e.g., Travelpro, Delsey, Samsonite). Have used Briggs and Riley exclusively for the last two years, strongly recommend this luggage. Here are two sites for your research:

http://thetravelinsider.info/travelaccessories/briggsandriley.htm

And here is the "Simple as That" Lifetime luggage warranty taken directly from

the Briggs and Riley website:

http://www.briggs-riley.com/careRepair/warranty.aspx

What I like about their lifetime warranty is B&R has an authorized repair center right

here in Atlanta, thus can just drive to the repair center for any repairs we need.

Concur with posters above using a reputable online luggage company (ebags, luggageonline, luggagepro)...here is a hint, google; discount coupon

ebags or luggagepro) I usually can find a 10% discount or Free shipping coupon to save extra when buying the bag.

Archived