Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

WHAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're sh**ting me!!!!!

I am not joking. M&M's are made by Mars Snackfoods, but there's no Mars except in the name.

For real candy I can take the Hands Across the Merrimack footbridge to Van Otis Chocolates. We bring 2 lbs every time we visit Cécile in Sorel, Québec. I hope she doesn't love us just for the chocolate.

I am not joking. M&M's are made by Mars Snackfoods, but there's no Mars except in the name.

For real candy I can take the Hands Across the Merrimack footbridge to Van Otis Chocolates. We bring 2 lbs every time we visit Cécile in Sorel, Québec. I hope she doesn't love us just for the chocolate.

Wow, I am gobsmacked! I can't get over the fact that you can't get Mars bars in the US:eek:

Well that does it then. Another thing I have to take over in the carry-on in Feb. Tim Tams, Licorice, chocolate bullets, Mars Bars and Vegemite. :eek:

We lived for over 30 years in Slough in the UK where there was a huge Mars factory - everyone knew someone who worked there. Since we moved away 5 years ago, we have found out that it has all gone:(

I can still remember the smell of the chocolate drifting across the town - yummy.

Luckily we can still get all the old Mars favourites in the UK - Mars Bars, Maltesers, Twix, etc. etc.

WHAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're sh**ting me!!!!!

Well, we certainly have plenty of Mars stuff here in Oz.

We also have had some great M&Ms over the past few years. I LOVED those mint ones with the sort of maltesers mint stuff on the inside. I'll never know why they changed those to mint-oily ones instead... so disappointed!

But I miss Hershey's... I bring kisses in from the US, Japan, Thailand, when I travel... love the ones with the mint inside, and my mother tells me there are great dark chocolate ones too! And Hershey's Miniatures... and Reese's...although you CAN sometimes get those here.

We lived for over 30 years in Slough in the UK where there was a huge Mars factory - everyone knew someone who worked there. Since we moved away 5 years ago, we have found out that it has all gone:(

I can still remember the smell of the chocolate drifting across the town - yummy.

Luckily we can still get all the old Mars favourites in the UK - Mars Bars, Maltesers, Twix, etc. etc.

Do you still have those deep fried Mars Bars in the UK?!

Well, we certainly have plenty of Mars stuff here in Oz.

We also have had some great M&Ms over the past few years. I LOVED those mint ones with the sort of maltesers mint stuff on the inside. I'll never know why they changed those to mint-oily ones instead... so disappointed!

But I miss Hershey's... I bring kisses in from the US, Japan, Thailand, when I travel... love the ones with the mint inside, and my mother tells me there are great dark chocolate ones too! And Hershey's Miniatures... and Reese's...although you CAN sometimes get those here.

I still can't get over the fact that you can't get Mars bars in the USA anymore. I liked those M & Ms as well. I used to sell Hersheys products in the 80's when they tried to introduce them into Australia. They were a flop. We are used to a much creamier richer chocolate here.

Do you still have those deep fried Mars Bars in the UK?!

I think they still have them but I think they are a 'delicacy' in the North of England and in Scotland. I have never, and would never, try them:eek: What a waste of a yummy Mars Bar.

Edited by Dorset Cruiser

I think they still have them but I think they are a 'delicacy' in the North of England and in Scotland. I have never, and would never, try them:eek: What a waste of a yummy Mars Bar.

I just ate a deep-fried Snickers bar at the Calgary Stampede. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, as I'll never do THAT again. However, I still had room to finish off that package of Tim Tams when I got home! :D:D Now, off to the gym . . .

LidoLiz

I think Knorr has something like Vegemite over here.

I thought I had found some Tim Tams, but they were Tam Tams, matzo crackers. Hard to picture as a snack, as they are drier than the Negev Desert.

I think Knorr has something like Vegemite over here.

I thought I had found some Tim Tams, but they were Tam Tams, matzo crackers. Hard to picture as a snack, as they are drier than the Negev Desert.

Definitely not tim tams LOL. Tim tams are milk chocolate covered chocolate cream filled chocolate biscuits. Easy to see why everyone loves them.

Vegemite..... well no-one has as yet managed to copy the original vegemite.

Has anyone tried Lamingtons? Give them a try and anyone can make them.

http://www.joyofbaking.com/Lamingtons.html I just looked at the recipe closely. Don't pour the icing over the cakes....dip them into the chocolate icing. Much better.

Edited by Billy and Charlie's Mum

I had to go out to the lolly shop yesterday that stocks all kinds of overseas food items.

I bought some milk duds something else we do not get over here. I bought one each for the kids as well as I ate mine on the way home.

Needless to say the kids now have a box to share.

I love my mars bars frozen, then cut a sliver off each time..umm. better not eat any more chocolate this week..lucky it is friday....

Milk Duds...aren't they those little chocolate malted milk pellets? Gad, I could never understand how anyone could eat those. Dunno if they still have them, but they used to advertise Zero Bars, made to freeze & break up.

We drive up to Québec several times a year to get Mrs.Smith's low-cal preserves in Blueberry, Wildberry, Apricot, & others. They are excellent & cost about 1/2 of what they would here.

Just tried the new yet-to-be-named "Vegemite". Was prejudiced against it before tasting, but after...yum. That one might possibly make the leap to become an American favourite too. It is less salty-tasting, much more mellow than the original. Give it a go, tequilatamm. Might take a jar for my US-based son & family when we visit later this year, now I know we can.

quote]

Hey Emma,

I just tried the new vegemite...... mmmmm.....too bland IMHO. Don't know if it will cut it in australia. Might make it in USA because as you say it is more mellow. Well, a bit tasteless really. I think I'll stick with the original. 53 years of eating it - I don't think I will change now. LOL

Just tried the new yet-to-be-named "Vegemite". Was prejudiced against it before tasting' date=' but after...yum. That one might possibly make the leap to become an American favourite too. It is less salty-tasting, much more mellow than the original. Give it a go, tequilatamm. Might take a jar for my US-based son & family when we visit later this year, now I know we can.

quote']

Hey Emma,

I just tried the new vegemite...... mmmmm.....too bland IMHO. Don't know if it will cut it in australia. Might make it in USA because as you say it is more mellow. Well, a bit tasteless really. I think I'll stick with the original. 53 years of eating it - I don't think I will change now. LOL

It was a great hit with our recent visitors, especially my two year old grand-daughter. But it sure is an expensive way to eat Vegemite - and it has to be used within a certain time of opening, whereas the original stuff lasts forever, almost. I like it, but I like Promite better.:)

Milk Duds...aren't they those little chocolate malted milk pellets? Gad, I could never understand how anyone could eat those. Dunno if they still have them, but they used to advertise Zero Bars, made to freeze & break up.

We drive up to Québec several times a year to get Mrs.Smith's low-cal preserves in Blueberry, Wildberry, Apricot, & others. They are excellent & cost about 1/2 of what they would here.

I haven't sen Milk Duds here in a long time, but then again I haven't really looked for them. They were little round candies made of caramel covered with chocolate. I used to love them as a kid!

What have I started :eek: I am glad some of you are trying our Tim Tams and Dorset those penguin "bickies" (bickies is what we call biscuits in Aus - slang) might be nice but nothing tastes quite the same as Tim Tams. quote]

You have started a Tim Tams rush! Someone posted a link to the store in WA state that carries them so I checked it out since I live in WA State. Of course it is only 15 minutes from my house and after adding some Tim Tams to my cart, I added my zip code to check on shipping costs and it came up saying I was so close I could pick them up directly. Now I am in trouble. If these are as good as you say and I try them out, I now have a ready supply to these tasty treats! I guess it is a good thing my next cruise is to Alaska and not the swimsuit destinations!

Thanks Eileen!:D

What have I started :eek: I am glad some of you are trying our Tim Tams and Dorset those penguin "bickies" (bickies is what we call biscuits in Aus - slang) might be nice but nothing tastes quite the same as Tim Tams. quote]

You have started a Tim Tams rush! Someone posted a link to the store in WA state that carries them so I checked it out since I live in WA State. Of course it is only 15 minutes from my house and after adding some Tim Tams to my cart' date=' I added my zip code to check on shipping costs and it came up saying I was so close I could pick them up directly. Now I am in trouble. If these are as good as you say and I try them out, I now have a ready supply to these tasty treats! I guess it is a good thing my next cruise is to Alaska and not the swimsuit destinations!

Thanks Eileen!:D[/quote']

Wonder if they have the in the Seattle Airport? I'm heading out to our World Market as soon as I get off work to try to get mine.

They look like what we in UK have called penguins . Not in all those flavours though. Just choc bic , cream and covered in choc. Can you buy Tim Tams in UK ?.

Penguins are similar but not Tim Tams - they are unique. Google them and I am sure there will be some somewhere because there are a lot of Aussies living in UK and they couldn't go without.

Enjoy them when you find them.

You have started a Tim Tams rush! Someone posted a link to the store in WA state that carries them so I checked it out since I live in WA State. Of course it is only 15 minutes from my house and after adding some Tim Tams to my cart' date=' I added my zip code to check on shipping costs and it came up saying I was so close I could pick them up directly. Now I am in trouble. If these are as good as you say and I try them out, I now have a ready supply to these tasty treats! I guess it is a good thing my next cruise is to Alaska and not the swimsuit destinations!

Thanks Eileen!:D[/quote']

Sorry to say that you will more than likely get addicted. Just do what I do and ration them out one by one........