Tell us about the Top Deck Burger Bar on the Constellation

MVPinBoynton

This was one of the burgers offered for lunch for a $15 cover charge on Reflection last week.

This included salad bar and complimentary dessert. 30f58427cc3447ed654ec860a8cec6ec.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's Lawn Club Grille... different place. Has nothing to do with the new venue on Constellation.

Interesting to me that people on these boards are very vocal in their complaints about being charged for something that was free. At the same time others just get so excited that there will be a new dining choice and want to try it ASAP. Shows that people are quite different in what they desire and that Celebrity understands that if they create something that appears special more than enough will pay whatever the charge. Guess we'll now see postings on the best way to get a discount on the burgers.

Guess we'll now see postings on the best way to get a discount on the burgers.

Why are you positioning that as a negative?

Thanks, but if I don't have to overpay, I don't overpay. Have never, for example, paid a cruise line's price for a cruise (65+ cruises). Have never paid full price for a Celebrity specialty restaurant (dozens of times dining in them all).

Those who think it may be gauche to inquire about discounts, please continue to overpay. It allows those who don't to get a deal.:D

Why are you positioning that as a negative?

Thanks, but if I don't have to overpay, I don't overpay. Have never, for example, paid a cruise line's price for a cruise (65+ cruises). Have never paid full price for a Celebrity specialty restaurant (dozens of times dining in them all).

Those who think it may be gauche to inquire about discounts, please continue to overpay. It allows those who don't to get a deal.:D

Only an observation and not intended to be either positive or negative. Some people object to extra charges and some are willing to pay for something they want to try. Personal choices vary from person to person. I too inquire about discounts and if the price is right for me I go, If not I don't. I suggest that everyone should ask for a discount. If you don't, you've only said "no" to yourself. We are really on the same page.

This was one of the burgers offered for lunch for a $15 cover charge on Reflection last week.

This included salad bar and complimentary dessert. 30f58427cc3447ed654ec860a8cec6ec.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is the lunch at the Lawn Grill. The Reflection also has the Mast Grill which is included, no charge for those burgers.

I'm curious to hear if the Top Deck Burger Bar is on Deck 12 on the Connie and, if so what is in the area on Deck 10 where the Mast Grill was located. Or is the Top Deck Burger Bar - really a Deck 10 Burger Bar;)

Only an observation and not intended to be either positive or negative. Some people object to extra charges and some are willing to pay for something they want to try. Personal choices vary from person to person. I too inquire about discounts and if the price is right for me I go, If not I don't. I suggest that everyone should ask for a discount. If you don't, you've only said "no" to yourself. We are really on the same page.

Thanks. And glad we agree. You've had some valuable posts on here over the years.

The menu looks good, somewhat similar to the Lawn Club Grill at lunch. I wonder how it will go over on Silhouette on Reflection, or if it won't be part of those whips. Also wonder how it will fit in to free specialty dining for royal suites and above. On our last cruise on Silhouette we were very disappointed in the Mast Grill.

My photo above from the Lawn Club on Reflection was the W T F burger (cc keeps replacing this with asterisks :))

The owner of the Detroit Lions passed a away and his name is William Clay Ford. So the team had WCF on their Jersey's. My wife made a comment that too bad his middle name wasn't Thomas. 🤔🤗 It would have really been fitting and represent the Lions.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Asked our friends for an update, no reply yet. That cruise is the one that was cut from 10 to 8 nights and two ports were dropped when the ship was not ready after dry dock. The roll call was pretty active so I know we have other members there.

The whole thing is moot since I am not supposed to eat burgers anymore...sigh.

Paying $5 for a bowl of custard (creme Anglaise) - or is this something different in the US?

I would assume it's frozen custard - which is essentially a type of ice cream with a higher milk fat content, giving it a creamier, smoother texture.

So I guess they're carrying 3 different kinds of ice cream on the ship? They still have additional-cost gelato and included hand-dipped ice cream in the Oceanview, correct?

That's Lawn Club Grille... different place. Has nothing to do with the new venue on Constellation.
Yes, but I was replying to someone who thought the new options were similar to that offered in the Lawn Club Grill on silhouette, I never said it was what was being offered on Constellation, just providing an example of what was offered in the Lawn Club Grill. Funny though that the burger in my photo is called exactly the same on the menu being touted for Constellation so I see it as relevant.

That is the lunch at the Lawn Grill. The Reflection also has the Mast Grill which is included, no charge for those burgers.

I'm curious to hear if the Top Deck Burger Bar is on Deck 12 on the Connie and, if so what is in the area on Deck 10 where the Mast Grill was located. Or is the Top Deck Burger Bar - really a Deck 10 Burger Bar;)

OMG I know it's from the Lawn Club Grill, but as my previous post, it was as example as someone suggested the new burger joint would provide the similar burgers as the Lawn Club Grill on Silhouette. And for info the burgers provided 3 days ago at the Mast Grill on Reflection were nowhere like this, they were thin, cold, overcooked pieces of what I don't know.

Chips, cold beer and a burger. Looks yummy. I'd pay that ($15.00) at a land based restaurant but not on a cruise ship.

As I stated, the $15 also included a 'all you could eat' salad bar and complimentary dessert, so it wasn't just 'chips, cold beer and a burger'. Btw the beer wasn't included in the $15. But if you look at what is the proposed menu for the new gourmet burger joint, it'll be $9.95 for the burger, and $5 for dessert. Not much difference if my maths is correct $14.95.

And for info the burgers provided 3 days ago at the Mast Grill on Reflection were nowhere like this, they were thin, cold, overcooked pieces of what I don't know.

The burgers at the Mast Grill on the infinity in February were great. The skeptic in me wonders if they are not as good on the Reflection so folks will pay for the Lawn Grill burger.

The burgers at the Mast Grill on the infinity in February were great. The skeptic in me wonders if they are not as good on the Reflection so folks will pay for the Lawn Grill burger.

Mast Grill is like In-&-Out or Five Guys, while Lawn Club Grille is like Red Robin, The Counter, or other gourmet burger places.

Oh, I am sooooo looking forward to the obligatory dissenting comments. :cool:

Mast Grill is like In-&-Out or Five Guys, while Lawn Club Grille is like Red Robin, The Counter, or other gourmet burger places.

Nothing wrong with either Five Guys or the others. I would say the Lawn Grill is a step up from RR ( never heard of The Counter) but I personally don't want a sit down lunch for more $ on a sea day. I liked grabbing a burger from the Mast Grill and heading back to my lounger.:cool:

I like Five Guys burger better than the Mast Grill or the burger on the Luminae lunch menu.