Countdown to Celebrity Edge!

jv_nyc

I called and inquired about S-class suites. There is an additional class called S3. Mid ship pretty much on the Magic Carpet track on decks 6-12 according to the deck plans. Soooo that means as the Magic Carpet goes by, patrons of the venue see into the suites???? :o

Yes, Orator. I hope they do something nice for Zeniths and Elite Plus (maybe ???) . We'll be Zenith very soon - so hopefully, they will care more about us.

I'm not even getting emails from X anymore. Boo hoo. :(

The description of the Retreat Lounge states it is for Zenith as well as Suite guests. Perhaps they will extend to Zenith the pool area and everything that is there.

I called and inquired about S-class suites. There is an additional class called S3. Mid ship pretty much on the Magic Carpet track on decks 6-12 according to the deck plans. Soooo that means as the Magic Carpet goes by, patrons of the venue see into the suites???? :o

So I'm not sure how true this is, but I read that guests will not be allowed to be on the Magic Carpet when it moves between decks.

The description of the Retreat states it is for Zenith as well as Suite guests. Perhaps they will extend to Zenith the pool area and everything that is there.

Just heard from Zenith who booked. Was told that they would have access to Lounge, but not pool or Lumanae.

I'm hoping that Celebrity cruisers move to the Edge in droves, leaving 1,500 cabins available on other ship with prices to match my budget. (In Canadian funds even) ;p

Hi Arno,

Ha ! Many others are likely rooting for the same thing - though I doubt Celebrity feels the same way :cool:.

All kidding aside, I suspect that Edge may take away from from some bookings on S-Class, and possibly a greater quantity on the M-Class, but I suspect that any softness will be short-lived. I suspect much of it may depend upon the initial reviews from the first E-Class guests.

BTW, has anyone called Edge, the E-Class yet ? LOL

I will post on this thread, on 12/16/18 - when I'm onboard the ship. Seriously, I'm not entirely certain, but "glass doors" were mentioned in the presentation. Whatever it is, it looks interesting and surely innovative.

Check out some of the river cruise lines balcony cabins like Emerald Waterways. Think of it almost like a car window. Then pair that idea with what looks to be residential type Nana Doors.

You could open the balcony to have one big room. Keep the doors closed and balcony open like a traditional balcony design. Or close the doors and leave the balcony 'window' closed like if you were cruising in a cold climate but wanted to use the balcony.

I think it's a really cool design. We have the nana doors on our own patio at home and they are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've already read somewhere that no one gets to "ride" the Magic Carpet while it treks up and down.

Thx.

I'm hoping that Celebrity cruisers move to the Edge in droves, leaving 1,500 cabins available on other ship with prices to match my budget. (In Canadian funds even) ;p

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Not sure about this but thought I would pass along that when i booked (by phone), I was told that the Concierge class and AQ would not have the infinite veranda. Seems odd to me but the fellow was very clear on that.

I'm always getting this message

Please be patient with us as we improve your web experience. We’ll be back shortly.

Celebrity Cruises

To book or get information please call us at 1-877-812-4739

I'm always getting this message

Please be patient with us as we improve your web experience. We’ll be back shortly.

Celebrity Cruises

To book or get information please call us at 1-877-812-4739

I'd call if you plan to book. When RCL released Symphony last week, the prices went up steadily all day as various classes started to pass certain occupancy thresholds.

I'd call if you plan to book. When RCL released Symphony last week, the prices went up steadily all day as various classes started to pass certain occupancy thresholds.

I already booked a E4 cabin :-) But I would have loved to see the deck plans

Not sure about this but thought I would pass along that when i booked (by phone), I was told that the Concierge class and AQ would not have the infinite veranda. Seems odd to me but the fellow was very clear on that.

Wow, that's interesting. I will inquire. Curious if I hear the same, or something different.

I wish!!!

I need to transfer an onboard booking to the Edge, and my travel agent is not available... I wish I could just do an hold online and figure this out.

Kills me! lol

Hi Everyone,

In case you missed it - here's today's Celebrity Edge Live reveal (well, not Live any longer :)) from YouTube :

Hope this is helpful !

wgAIp9qskq0

Edited by Andy