I've just been offered the chance to downgrade from balcony to inside - new on on me.

Scotraveller

I have looked to see if there is a thread relevant to downgrades, but I can only see old ones, so thought I would start afresh. I've had a call asking if I would downgrade from balcony to inside and get a refund of my whole cruise fare - minus taxes - as onboard credit.

First of all, I can't see me spending all that in 7 days - I would get liver failure apart from anything else trying to spend all that in the bars! Does anyone have any experience of this? Do you think they would let me split it over my next two cruises or refund the balance at the end?

I'm just waiting on Princess working out the exact amount, but I'm sure I'll do it, just looking for any similar experiences. Thanks!

I have looked to see if there is a thread relevant to downgrades, but I can only see old ones, so thought I would start afresh. I've had a call asking if I would downgrade from balcony to inside and get a refund of my whole cruise fare - minus taxes - as onboard credit.

First of all, I can't see me spending all that in 7 days - I would get liver failure apart from anything else trying to spend all that in the bars! Does anyone have any experience of this? Do you think they would let me split it over my next two cruises or refund the balance at the end?

I'm just waiting on Princess working out the exact amount, but I'm sure I'll do it, just looking for any similar experiences. Thanks!

Wow fun lol! What ship/destination are you travelling too?

I've had a OBC left at the end of my cruise and they have refunded it to me.

It's Royal in Med in August.

Yeah, see what tomorrow brings, I don't think they'll call back today with a value.

I'm not greedy and inside is fine, I'm just wondering if I should ask for half on this one and half on Regal in November to make sure I don't lose any. My first thought was that I couldn't spend it all so a bit of a shame to waste it really, but if there's a chance of a refund at the end then all good!

To add something into the mix, I just found me e-mail from my TA - it was on a free flights promotion so I should get a high percentage back! But I won't get my hopes up!:cool:

I'd turn it down because usually they offer the cruise fare as OBC and allow you to book another cruise of the same duration in a category upgrade. Personally I wouldn't sail in an inside cabin for free anyway.

It's Royal in Med in August.

Yeah, see what tomorrow brings, I don't think they'll call back today with a value.

I'm not greedy and inside is fine, I'm just wondering if I should ask for half on this one and half on Regal in November to make sure I don't lose any. My first thought was that I couldn't spend it all so a bit of a shame to waste it really, but if there's a chance of a refund at the end then all good!

To add something into the mix, I just found me e-mail from my TA - it was on a free flights promotion so I should get a high percentage back! But I won't get my hopes up!:cool:

That's awesome!

Got my hopes up now, but scared they find someone else to do it and I've already spent the money twice over!:')

Totally know where you are coming from, I've had that call back into Princess for an offer I was emailed and you get the persons voice mail that you were instructed to call back and their voicemail tells you they will call you back in the order in which your call came in but it might be up to 24 hours later and then you just have to wait! I'm a terrible waiter lol!:eek:

Just taken this offer, already converted the fare into obc which is refundable and at $3500 (had a premium deluxe aft) well worth it as we will book a cruise when the refund comes in with a balcony

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd take the offer--except we're already booked for an inside next month on the Caribbean Princess. We've already discussed what we'd do if offered to move over. But it's unlikely that Princess will ask us since we're flying from the U.S. to London for the cruise. They seem to make offers to people who are closer to the port first.

Oh great, my first thread starter and I spell "one" wrong in the title! Blush

If you spot an error in your post, you have about 15-20 minutes to go back and change it.

During that time there will be a box at the bottom of the post that says Edit.

I agree with the others. Your OBC will be refundable, so you will get a check sent to you after the cruise with any OBC that is left.

If you spot an error in your post, you have about 15-20 minutes to go back and change it.

During that time there will be a box at the bottom of the post that says Edit.

I agree with the others. Your OBC will be refundable, so you will get a check sent to you after the cruise with any OBC that is left.

I tried that, but it was the title and I couldn't seem to change that

Have you heard back?

Yes, not happy.

They came back to the TA this morning confirming the amount, TA immediately called them back to say I accepted and they said it was too late. It really was a matter of minutes.

I'm angry but well, I'm no worse off than I was at this time yesterday!

But still feel like I've had £1000.00 stolen from me at the same time.

Hey ho, I'll just have to count the days now until I'm sitting on my balcony and learn that if this happens again I act even quicker! I don't see how that's possible, but ho hum.

Thanks for all your thoughts good people, always nice to get other opinions.

:rolleyes:

Sounds like a good deal if you don't care about sitting outside for 7 days. Too confining for many of us. And of course, the itinerary that you are on. Happy Cruising !

Sounds like a good deal if you don't care about sitting outside for 7 days. Too confining for many of us. And of course, the itinerary that you are on. Happy Cruising !

Totally agree, sometimes these offer are are worth it and other times you'd have to seriously weigh the pros and cons. I too would go stir crazy in an inside cabin lol!!

But for sure when these offers come you have to be ready to make a very fast decision