Amenity change on Nov 1, 2019

rheasue38

That may be true but I wonder what percentage of these bookings are the “free” spa apppointments vs those actually paid by the passengers.

Guess we'll know in about 20 months. ;)

Either way, who wouldn't use a free $230 benefit if it was given to them? I suppose if you're very wealthy then it might not matter, but I bet most people would. You don't have to have a massage.....facial, shave, haircut, mani, pedi, acupuncture, etc. Lots of nice things that can be enjoyable.

Guess we'll know in about 20 months. ;)

Either way, who wouldn't use a free $230 benefit if it was given to them? I suppose if you're very wealthy then it might not matter, but I bet most people would. You don't have to have a massage.....facial, shave, haircut, mani, pedi, acupuncture, etc. Lots of nice things that can be enjoyable.

It is a nice way for Oceania to reward you for being a loyal customer. A lot of companies do. Not a good thing for them to take that away. I think it sends the wrong message. :(

Just curious and of course there is no way to know, but could a majority of the people booking spa treatments on sea days be the gold and above loyalists taking advantage of their complimentary treatments? Is so that may be one reason why it is so hard to make a reservation?

Overall I don't think the Spa is full of Golds or higher. While there are always some on every trip it's a pretty low percentage overall. A lot of blues and bronzes make up the repeater parties.

Totally anecdotal, last sailing my wife prebooked a manicure and pedicure for Day 2, which was our first day at sea, about a month before sailing. She decided she wanted another on Day 13, our last Day at sea. She tried to book~ Day 11. Nope, all booked up. People are using Canyon Ranch and it’s facilities!

Totally anecdotal, last sailing my wife prebooked a manicure and pedicure for Day 2, which was our first day at sea, about a month before sailing. She decided she wanted another on Day 13, our last Day at sea. She tried to book~ Day 11. Nope, all booked up. People are using Canyon Ranch and it’s facilities!

You can prebook? Do you have to prepay? If so, I'm assuming you can't use obc?

It is a nice way for Oceania to reward you for being a loyal customer. A lot of companies do. Not a good thing for them to take that away. I think it sends the wrong message. :(

You have made that very clear in your 18 repetitive posts on this thread - over 10% of the thread.

Why not move on to other cruise lines and let us know if they give you everything to which you think you are entitled?

You have made that very clear in your 18 repetitive posts on this thread - over 10% of the thread.

Why not move on to other cruise lines and let us know if they give you everything to which you think you are entitled?

Not what I think, but what they told us that we were entitled to. That does not build good customer relations or loyalty. About moving on we will see. Have plenty of time to decide that. :(:(:(

I'm going to wait until I hear an official ruling on whether there will be any grandfathering or not before I get all up in arms.

It seems unless you are bronze or higher it's a moot point.

It's still a good loyalty program, but I believe those that were promised certain perks to attain a level should get them. And those close enough to earn that level by Nov 1 should get them.

I just got off Bali to Honolulu and I asked the Oceania Cruise ambassador, Cella, she confirmed NO GRANDFATHERING

I assume finalized recently. My T.A. requested for me and was furnished this afternoon, and, the Air Deviation is bye-bye-baby!

I don't know where your TA got this information but I have it on good authority it's not correct.

The info I have is that the Deviations are still there for Gold and up after Nov 1 2019.

I assume finalized recently. My T.A. requested for me and was furnished this afternoon, and, the Air Deviation is bye-bye-baby!

Are you able to post what your TA sent you? Is it the 2019-2020 itineraries?

I received two days ago a 2108-2019 voyages brochure entitled "Enticing Discoveries" in the mail from Oceania.

Page 9 of this page labeled "Oceania Club" - "Your World of Rewards has (to the best of my knowledge) the first written example of "Oceania Club Membership Rewards" changes that I (me personally and direct from Oceania) have seen.

I compared it to a similar "Oceania Club Membership rewards table in an earlier mailing of "2019-2020 Collection" which, to the best of my knowledge ( we are Silver level now) had current in effect rewards.

At the bottom of the Gold colored table box it said "Please note the latest enhancements to Oceana Club Membership Privileges will go into effect on voyages embarking on or after November 1, 2019"

My comparison showed at least the following:

1. Decreases in benefits Prior then after 10/31/2019 then Increase<decrease>

shipboard credits

Bronze $ 200 $ 100 <$100>

Silver 400 250 <150>

Gold 500 400 <100>

Platinum 600 500 <150>

Diamond 1000 750 <250>

President's 1000 1000 0

2 Complementary Custom

air waiver Now gone

value was 350 0 <350>

3. Prepaid Gratuities - unchanged

4. Several other items not discussed

or like internet service - unclear

"See OceaniaCruises.com/oceaniaclub for details"

Sorry if any of this turns out to be wrong, but I tried to compare the newest table to a prior recent table

Edited by UDSpud
table did not print as typed and reference to Ocean Cruises - 2nd to last paragraph had ***** at "cruises"