Amenity change on Nov 1, 2019

rheasue38

Seems to have gotten off the subject of the orrig. poster.

You mean the ones you keep making about Viking?

Our discussion about the grats are definitely on topic.

We are silver (gold next cruise in May) so get included grats. On certain cruises we also get grats from the Signature travel network which our TA belongs to. So in this case, we get the extra in OBC. As we turn gold on our next cruise are being credited with all the current gold amenities.

We're going to be watching these O club changes since we will achieve Diamond Level when we walk onto Insignia for ATW2020... curious about what is coming.

selfishly, I hope they don't change the benefits.

You mean the ones you keep making about Viking?

Our discussion about the grats are definitely on topic.

Not at all. The grats from your T/A have nothing to do with the amenities change from O. Viking has nothing to do with that. Just saying at the rate O is going that they (Viking)will eat their lunch very quickly. Too bad as we love O but they have to wake up and see that the changes are bad for their customers and will also be bad for them. :(:(

Not at all. The grats from your T/A have nothing to do with the amenities change from O. Viking has nothing to do with that. Just saying at the rate O is going that they (Viking)will eat their lunch very quickly. Too bad as we love O but they have to wake up and see that the changes are bad for their customers and will also be bad for them. :(:(

OK, back to the main topic. I know we've only cruised on O twice, but their loyalty program rewards are by far the best we've seen offered by any of the more popular cruise lines. Yes, they are making a minor pull back for whatever reason. But, even with the minor pull back, name one cruise line that even comes close to offering a better loyalty program than Oceania.

OK, back to the main topic. I know we've only cruised on O twice, but their loyalty program rewards are by far the best we've seen offered by any of the more popular cruise lines. Yes, they are making a minor pull back for whatever reason. But, even with the minor pull back, name one cruise line that even comes close to offering a better loyalty program than Oceania.

If the proposed changes turn out to be the final version, I think each of us may want to do our own 'math' - so far O hasn't touched the "free cruise" or the PPGs, and they look to be adding some intangible benefits (early port disembarkation, dinner with officers etc.). When I take a stab at quantifying the intangibles, the new program comes out even or slightly better on a cumulative basis.

If you are close to a break point that is important to you, probably worth doing your own math to decide how many (short) cruises you are willing to take between now and November 1, 2019 to lock in the current benefits for your next level.

Makes me wonder if all math is personal lol (just like all politics are local, as the saying goes).

If the proposed changes turn out to be the final version, I think each of us may want to do our own 'math' - so far O hasn't touched the "free cruise" or the PPGs, and they look to be adding some intangible benefits (early port disembarkation, dinner with officers etc.). When I take a stab at quantifying the intangibles, the new program comes out even or slightly better on a cumulative basis.

If you are close to a break point that is important to you, probably worth doing your own math to decide how many (short) cruises you are willing to take between now and November 1, 2019 to lock in the current benefits for your next level.

Makes me wonder if all math is personal lol (just like all politics are local, as the saying goes).

Until we know whether the people at those current levels are being grandfathered in with the current perks there might not be any point to try to make a higher level before Nov 19.

To me one of the biggest take aways is the spa credit. We're talking a $460 perk per couple. If the spa treatments aren't important to you then it might not be a biggie. But if they are it's a pretty big difference. You're also losing $100 OBC at gold and platinum, the diamonds I think are losing $250. For them that would be missing out on $710 worth of perks each cruise if they're not grandfathered in.

Seems to me that loyalty should be a two way street, not one way as Oceania now wants it. I believe they need to re think this or they could come to regret it. It would not take many of their long term customers to look elsewhere for it to affect their bottom line. :(:(

FWIW...i doubt that changing the amenities package will change our opinion of O very much. We love their product; the crew & staff, the food, but most importantly for us are the itineraries.

O goes places we want to go to and doesn't spend much time getting there. For some it is the sailing; for us it is the itinerary. The amenities, whatever they turn out to be, are wonderful extras.

new amenities package now listed on O's website; left unwritten is how much the OBC will be.

Deleted is all reference to OBC $amount on the Before Nov. 19, so if you didn't already know you couldn't compare with the After Nov 19 amount.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/oceania-club/levels-new-amenities/

That's kind of interesting when you compare the flyer Fam Cruise posted with the Oceania after 11/1/19 link.

I'm curious where he got that? On board, from a TA?

There's no dollar amount on the new one either, as well as % savings.

I'm especially interested in the Platinum perk, Terminal Check In Upgrade.

Here are the current amenities; I added the amounts to it from the previous list that was on their website. They did lower the number of days to get 15 credits in order to include all of the world cruise options.

Thanks for that, one correction, change the Deviation amounts to $175 each- total $350.

I have 2 questions about amenities. Do you have to use the spa credit for only the spa or does it become OBC if you don't use it there? Also, what happens to your free cruise if you turn platinum while on a longer cruise? Do you get to do the 20th on a separate cruise or will they count that as part of the 38 day cruise? Thanks!!

Thanks for the math. I finally got into my archived documents today and we got $2,000 for club PPG ... we had 8 segments. I had wondered how they arrived at the amount.

Did you receive the $2,000 OBC per cabin or per person?

I spoke with my TA and she said we would get $2,000, but wasn't sure if it was per person or per cabin. Just wondering how you got it.

Don’t understand the early disembark benefits? Currently, disembarkation is probably the most disorganized portion of the cruise. People start lining up, regardless of their priority color codes to get off, often 30 minutes before docking. The CF becomes even worse with all the people that insist upon disembarking with all their luggage. Oceania is currently ineffective in managing its current priorities system, so not sure how they will over lay any new priority system atop the current system. May look better on paper than in practice.

Don’t understand the early disembark benefits? Currently, disembarkation is probably the most disorganized portion of the cruise. People start lining up, regardless of their priority color codes to get off, often 30 minutes before docking. The CF becomes even worse with all the people that insist upon disembarking with all their luggage. Oceania is currently ineffective in managing its current priorities system, so not sure how they will over lay any new priority system atop the current system. May look better on paper than in practice.

Agree most strongly.