Amenity change on Nov 1, 2019

rheasue38

Well those who feel they are “entitled” to that $100 may do so.

What’s that expression about cutting off your nose.....?

Could be that they will give us a good reason to look elsewhere. New cruise line coming soon. Virgin Voyages. Richard Branson. I like everything that I have seen from him in the last 20 or so years and would look at them. From the little that I read it looks like they will put out a great product. Always do. Beware Oceania. Take care of your current customers or they could be ex customers. :):):)

Could be that they will give us a good reason to look elsewhere. New cruise line coming soon. Virgin Voyages. Richard Branson. I like everything that I have seen from him in the last 20 or so years and would look at them. From the little that I read it looks like they will put out a great product. Always do. Beware Oceania. Take care of your current customers or they could be ex customers. :):):)

I don’t think Oceania is too concerned about you leaving.

They have plenty of “new blood” coming from mass market cruise lines as evidenced onboard of our last several cruises as well as perusing the threads on this board - every other thread begins something like - “New to Oceania” “Moving up from HAL, NCL, Princess”, etc, etc :)

We used to recognize many faces on the cruises from prior voyages of both staff and passengers - seems no longer to be the case :(.

And when you begin to treat your best customers badly they start to look elsewhere. Takes some time but it happens. Look at Sears, Look at K Mart, Toys R Us. And a lot of others. From the largest stores in the world to almost bankrupt. :(:(:(

Oh please how can you compare that is apples to oranges...I agree with Paul..please by all means go try the other ships..there are many of them

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

So according to Oceania a designated platinum embarkation line compensates for two spa treatments! I know which I would prefer!

Unfortunately you are one of the very small percentage that use the Spa..very few on board do..

Jancruz1

All smoke and mirrors. Looks and smells like a price increase to us. Too bad they can't be straight forward with us and not back door this. :(:(:(

You are so ridiculous..where is the price increase if you dont use the spa..?

Jancruz1

Personally we do not cruise because of loyalty benefits. We will be on our first crystal cruise in may. We do not have to worry about gratuities (included), drinks (included) internet ( now included). I avoid ship excursions so o life not relevant. And I have a huge obc from my travel agent. Waaay too much for just spa. Why do I need o loyalty benefits?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately you are one of the very small percentage that use the Spa..very few on board do..

I do! On every cruise, on any cruiseline. Very relaxing way to spend OBC (I don't drink alcohol, which is how some people might use OBC to relax....:')). And, apparently, many others also use the spa because I often have difficulty finding available time slots to get treatments.

I'm glad I'll get the spa credit for my next cruise....it's a $230 value, which to me is quite welcome. :D

Personally we do not cruise because of loyalty benefits. We will be on our first crystal cruise in may. We do not have to worry about gratuities (included), drinks (included) internet ( now included). I avoid ship excursions so o life not relevant. And I have a huge obc from my travel agent. Waaay too much for just spa. Why do I need o loyalty benefits?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For us O's loyalty benefits, especially once we make Silver, will allow us to keep all of the refundable OBC our TA gives us as PPG will be included and O will give us enough nonrefundable OBC to pay for whatever indulgences we would desire, such as a glass of wine at dinner or attend a culinary class or two when we're on either the Riviera or Marina. Of course, internet is always free as well as 3 bags of laundry per segment as we always book a concierge cabin.

On the other hand you pay for all those Crystal "included" perks as their cruise fare is much higher than the equivalent cabin on any of the O ships.

You are so ridiculous..where is the price increase if you dont use the spa..?

Jancruz1

And if you use the spa Than it is a price increase. This is what I would expect from you since you always seem to be on the Oceania payroll. You will make any excuse for whatever they do wrong. Loyalty goes both ways. They should be a little loyal to us. :(:(:(

Loyalty Programs are important to the consumer, however like every loyalty program needs adjustments from time to time. It happens all the time. I don't choose a cruise line because of what I earn from a loyalty program, I choose my cruise because ports, price, sea days, the type of suites they have and what comes with that suite in service. So when "O" or other line comes up for my cruise I get what ever status I have with that line. That makes me happy and you should do what makes you happy. I personally think "O" is doing what they think is right for their business (and part of that is keeping cruisers on their ships. Just an opinion.

When I first heard there would be no grandfathering of benefits, I was disappointed—ok, maybe a little upset. But over the course of the last week, I have realized that all loyalty programs get tweaked—some more often than others.

We spend thousands of dollars on a cruise so spending a few hundred dollars on the spa won’t break the bank. And, yes, I have been getting the wonderful spa benefits for a number of years now.

Let’s not turn this conversation ugly by making accusations. Everyone has opinions so let’s be respectful of one another and “talk” in a dignified manner.

And if you use the spa Than it is a price increase. This is what I would expect from you since you always seem to be on the Oceania payroll. You will make any excuse for whatever they do wrong. Loyalty goes both ways. They should be a little loyal to us. :(:(:(

Exactly the answer I expected back from you..I should have been like you YOHOHO but I couldnt read any of this silliness any more..I completely agree with RonRick..Thank you for expressing my feelings in such a wonderful manner...

Jancruz1

I do! On every cruise, on any cruiseline. Very relaxing way to spend OBC (I don't drink alcohol, which is how some people might use OBC to relax....:')). And, apparently, many others also use the spa because I often have difficulty finding available time slots to get treatments.

I'm glad I'll get the spa credit for my next cruise....it's a $230 value, which to me is quite welcome. :D

I do feel badly for you and the other people that will miss the spa..I know I will..love those massages..last cruise I had a couple on shore in the Caribbean a lot less expensive..

Jancruz1

Frequent guest policies do change. O's is one of the more generous ones (only because of the free OBC - especially on a 30 day cruise). That has not changed.

Frequent guest policies do change. A free domestic air ticket used to be 15K round trip miles unrestricted, now 30K with restrictions. Does it affect my loyalty ?? Not really. For an airline it is safety, on time arrival, decent food and comfort.

For cruise lines, it is all about the experience, the food and the ports. That is what drives my loyalty. Investing in new products, new ideas, new menu items, new ships will bring me back.

Exactly the answer I expected back from you..I should have been like you YOHOHO but I couldnt read any of this silliness any more..I completely agree with RonRick..Thank you for expressing my feelings in such a wonderful manner...

Jancruz1

Yup, why should you listen to me or anyone that does not think like you since you claim to speak directly to GOD himself. Wish I could. Sometimes you should hear what the masses have to say. Might even change your mind every so often:(.

In sea days, I often find the spa terrace quite full, with many cruisers enjoying either the lounges, hot tubs or hydrotherapy pools there. The wet and dry saunas see quite the action also. Now, if your observation of use comes from port days, when the majority of us are ashore, that may yield different results.

I will add that the spas on R ships see a lot of traffic due to cruisers, especially the men, opting to shower there daily as opposed to the itdy bitty thing in their cabins called a shower. We only book PH on R ships to avoid those WCs, but some grudgingly pay for the smaller suites and trudge to the spa for showers.

I have not found that to be true at all. The last O cruise I was on the spa was booked full.

I agree. On a long cruise I usually book 5 massages, two free and three paid. It is not always easy getting the preferred day and time as Canyon Ranch seems very popular so I don’t think I am one of the few passengers who use this facility as was stated by one member.

I have not found that to be true at all. The last O cruise I was on the spa was booked full.

That may be true but I wonder what percentage of these bookings are the “free” spa apppointments vs those actually paid by the passengers.

Just curious and of course there is no way to know, but could a majority of the people booking spa treatments on sea days be the gold and above loyalists taking advantage of their complimentary treatments? Is so that may be one reason why it is so hard to make a reservation?

Just curious and of course there is no way to know, but could a majority of the people booking spa treatments on sea days be the gold and above loyalists taking advantage of their complimentary treatments? Is so that may be one reason why it is so hard to make a reservation?

We booked a couple of treatments to use up our OBC

so maybe others do that also

We are not big drinkers & do not need more logo wear

YMMV