PVP's offer special rates by phone?

919Florida

So I know the simple answer here is to just call and find out but I wanted to ask you guys for your experience.

I have been pricing cruises on the Carnival website. I use my VIFP number so I can get those exclusive rates. I'm not ready to book yet as I am just searching for dates that would work and prices etc. Anyways the personal vacation planner called my house phone when I was at work and left a message saying not to book through the website and that I need to call him as they have special rates not available to the website. Is that really true? I honestly never heard of that but maybe I missed it. I dont want to call and end up getting pressured to a credit card or some sales tour etc. Thanks for any info you guys have

I have never heard of any 'special' rates allowed any longer. As a matter of fact, we have been told NO ONE is allowed to offer a rate any different than that listed by CCL.....the only option is for TA's to throw in an incentive(out of their commissions) some OBC, or free steakhouse dinner, or deliver bottle of wine to cabin etc....but CCL kind of ruled out any flexibility on reduced rates......find it very hard to believe...there must be a 'catch'. Do let us know if you call PVP back!!

Sadly, my PVP, whom I adored, left. I booked my last cruise online since the replacement guy that called (several times) and left messages was mildly irritating.

Still, I do like having someone to deal with, if needed.

Prior PVP told me that they get credit for the sale - doesn't matter whether it's a 1A or a suite - they get the same credit. So he never, ever put any pressure on me to upgrade. He knew I mostly sail solo these days and that sailing in a 1A meant I could sail more often which, in the end, would garner him more sales.

I don't recall ever calling him and him knowing about a fare that I didn't already see.

As much as people complain about Carnival's website, I cannot see that sort of transparency with some other lines. When I wanted to book my upcoming HAL cruise, I had to deal with a PCC. All HAL does is once you log in with your Mariner number, you'll see that you're eligible for a discounted fare. No idea what the fare code is. He found me one with a small OBC and slightly lower fare than what I saw online.

Rates are the same as online BUT PVPs can book you into a room that might not show as available on the website.

We have secure specific rooms/locations by booking through our PVP.

Plus I can text my PVP when necessary and I get a reply very quickly. I don't have time to sit on a phone during the day. Text works great for me.

And I get the scoop when promos or new sailings are released. There's high value in that to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our PVP never misses a chance to follow up with a phone callafter I’ve been lurking around on Carnival’s site.

I agree with others here, the PVP has offered options on available rooms, however they have never offered lower rates than what can be found on the website. In fact, on one of our earlier cruises with Carnival, the PVPhad trouble finding the rate I had found, offering much more expensive rooms.Makes me think there compensation is related to the amount of the sale??:o

Anyways the personal vacation planner called my house phone when I was at work and left a message saying not to book through the website and that I need to call him as they have special rates not available to the website. Is that really true? I honestly never heard of that but maybe I missed it. Thanks for any info you guys have

Check out this current CC thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2548063

So I know the simple answer here is to just call and find out but I wanted to ask you guys for your experience.

I have been pricing cruises on the Carnival website. I use my VIFP number so I can get those exclusive rates. I'm not ready to book yet as I am just searching for dates that would work and prices etc. Anyways the personal vacation planner called my house phone when I was at work and left a message saying not to book through the website and that I need to call him as they have special rates not available to the website. Is that really true? I honestly never heard of that but maybe I missed it. I dont want to call and end up getting pressured to a credit card or some sales tour etc. Thanks for any info you guys have

Yes, it is true. It's probably a free cruise. I got a call a few days ago. My PVP said they don't like to send ships out when they are not totally full.

Yes, it is true. It's probably a free cruise. I got a call a few days ago. My PVP said they don't like to send ships out when they are not totally full.

exactly. do the math. if someone is no-charge for fare, then how much more will they spend onboard with food and drinks?

there's a zero percent revenue opportunity with an empty cabin. free passage and a booked cabin only has upside for CCL.

It's like an airline; 60% sold seats pay for the flight operating costs. the remaining 40% revenue is all profit.

I was reading the thread about the email offer of a free cruise on Fascination. Apparently they are having trouble filling some cabins on the replacement cruises. the cruise mentioned was today (9/28) from JAX. I think some folks might have cancelled because they were not getting the freshly refurbished Elation. I called Carnival (I don't have a PVP) to ask about this. Apparently they have a list of people to make offers to...My account was not on the list, but was on a list for offers on Oct. 8. As a result, I have a very inexpensive 4 day cruise on Fascination on Oct. 8 from Port Canaveral, with $100 OBC. Fare for 2 in inside was $298, plus $189 in taxes and fees, minus the $100 OBC for the cabin. Just wish it was from JAX and not PC. EM

We've been sailing Carnival since 2005 and have Never been contacted by a PVP; neither by phone, email, nor snail mail.

Some of our cruises have been booked through a TA, some direct through carnival.com, and some through the future cruise desk on onboard.

Do you have to sign up for a PVP?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is why I use a PVP

572ea9a804fe5164dc6c448985c692b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, yes, you can get price drops when they drop if you are qualified, and you don't need a PVP to get it...you can fill out form online and submit it. What OP is asking is, if I understand correctly, is if PVP can book a LOWER rate than is shown publicly?? The answer is NO, maybe they can give you a 'perk', like a TA, but CCL's rate cannot be lower than published and a PVP does NOT have that ability to do so.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know how to find out who my assigned Carnival PVP is? I had a call several months ago and they stated they were assigned to me but I lost the contact. looking at booking 3 additional rooms for my kids and would like to talk to the PVP.

Thanks for any suggestions.