Live from the 2/18 Crown Princess

Host CJSKIDS

You should have removed tips the minute you noticed. They are told you do that. Bet he would have cleaned the place up.

Tips cover more than just the housecleaning staff so other crew members (wait staff) would suffer. If after complaining to the steward there is no positive response, go to passenger services and ask to meet with the hotel manager. That should get his/her attention.

AC seems to be working a bit better. I know they were out in the hallway closet working on it so our cabin was comfortable last night.

Yesterday in Cozumel was a busy one. We had 3 ships docked at our dock, 2 at the dock next door and we could see 2 at the downtown dock. Much crazier than in December. Another wonderful lunch at Pancho’s backyard. It was nice that our server from December remembered us and came over to say hello. They actually bought us a drink which was nice.

We are at sea heading back to Fort Lauderdale. Boo! I did laugh when they have us the disembarkation sheet the day we boarded. Come on, don’t make me think about getting off on day one already!

Today will be another day in the sanctuary followed by dinner in the Crown grill. I have managed to avoid the MDR for dinners once again.

• Administrators
!

Today will be another day in the sanctuary followed by dinner in the Crown grill. I have managed to avoid the MDR for dinners once again.

Ha! I always do my best to avoid the MDR, probably because I enjoy the specialty venues so much!

Sorry to interrupt: When you get a sec Host CJSKIDS please check your email!

Black and Blue Onion Soup - Filet Mignon - S'mores Stack (they still call it that??)

YUM

Ha! I always do my best to avoid the MDR, probably because I enjoy the specialty venues so much!

Sorry to interrupt: When you get a sec Host CJSKIDS please check your email!

Black and Blue Onion Soup - Filet Mignon - S'mores Stack (they still call it that??)

YUM

I’ll have to check it tomorrow morning when I’m back home. I forgot to bring the thing that gives me the code!

Can you send it to my personal email?!

The weather is fantastic but boy is it breezy. I really miss the sanctuary on the Regal. Now that was service. The spa pool is closed again today.

We have met such great people on board. We always seem to meet the nicest people while cruising on princess.

The weather is fantastic but boy is it breezy. I really miss the sanctuary on the Regal. Now that was service. The spa pool is closed again today.

We have met such great people on board. We always seem to meet the nicest people while cruising on princess.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences on your cruise.

Keep enjoying it. :)

Thank you for posting all of this. It has been very helpful, as I am taking my first Princess Cruise on 3/11. Now I need to look up all these wonderful locations (and Sanctuary...I know nothing about that)!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thank you for posting all of this. It has been very helpful, as I am taking my first Princess Cruise on 3/11. Now I need to look up all these wonderful locations (and Sanctuary...I know nothing about that)!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

You will be hooked on cruising on Princess!

Unfortunately the cruise is over and I'm back home watching the cruise ships leave out of the Port of Miami. :(

There were things about the cruise that were fantastic, things that were good and things that were not good.

Fantastic:

The majority of the crew were just fantastic. Corey is a very lively Cd and I really enjoyed anything he was doing. I also like having the wheelhouse bar and Explorer's lounge back. These are just better venues for trivia and shows than Princess Live on the Regal. Once again, they seem to always put such great bartenders at Crooner's. They really do know how to make being there fun!

We met some great people on this sailing and had lots of fun.

Embarkation was painless and we were one of the first on board. We left out of Terminal 4 which I had never been in before. Disembarkation this morning was also very easy.

Good:

The food. Our embarkation lunch in the MDR was excellent. Our first meal in the Crown Grill was excellent as was the service. Our meal last night in The Crown Grill was good, but my filet was very dry this time around. Still really enjoyed it. Really enjoyed our meal at the Salty Dog.

Pizza up on deck is just strange. The cheese almost sticks to the roof of your mouth. It kind of tasted like there was a "cream cheese" type of substance. I also don't get how a newly cooked burger can be so dry. Hey, I didn't have to cook for 5 days so it's all good!!

Not good:

Our cabin and our cabin steward. He had to be the worst that we have ever had. I actually don't think we ever had not had a cabin steward that was great. As I had posted, what our cabin looked like when we arrived took us by surprise. Dust, Dark curly hair all over, black in the toilet, dirty mirrors etc. The phone looks like it hasn't been wiped down in forever. We dropped something and had to lift the beds, yikes!! The top sheet that I requested was a ripped sheet and some of the towels were torn. This is not the Princess that I know and love.....

The steward didn't return all of our laundry we sent out. He actually went to argue with us last night and said we didn't have anything downstairs. I asked him to please check again because we had 3 pairs of shorts that were not returned. Everything else was packed but I waited to put out the suitcases because I needed my cleaning back. Went to dinner and came back upstairs and lo and behold....there are my 3 shorts hanging by themselves in the closet!!

The arm on the leather chair was all cracked, there is white paint all over the deck furniture and we just felt like the place was just not clean. I've never had a situation like that.

The Sanctuary was okay. It is quite surprising the difference between the Regal and the Crown in the level of care you are given up there. Many of the Sanctuary towels placed on the loungers were stained and had pulls everywhere. You wanted water, you had to go get it yourself. There were never enough people working up there so everyone always gave us and went and got their own drinks, own glasses of water and own towels. The one day that the couple demanded their money back because they were so frustrated, the crew simply straightened up the towels that were on the lounge for someone else to use. This couple had swam and it was hot and they had used the loungers for a while. Just gross that the crew didn't strip the loungers.

People kept walking in and just sitting down. It would sometimes take awhile before crew noticed people that didn't pay were using the loungers.

AC, the temperature in our cabin was not good. Last night was another hot night. We also had warm water, no mater what we did the faucet would not give us cold water.

We had a wonderful vacation. I love being out at sea and really enjoyed myself. But for the first time, I was ready to get off the ship.

Unfortunately the cruise is over and I'm back home watching the cruise ships leave out of the Port of Miami. :(

There were things about the cruise that were fantastic, things that were good and things that were not good.

Fantastic:

The majority of the crew were just fantastic. Corey is a very lively Cd and I really enjoyed anything he was doing. I also like having the wheelhouse bar and Explorer's lounge back. These are just better venues for trivia and shows than Princess Live on the Regal. Once again, they seem to always put such great bartenders at Crooner's. They really do know how to make being there fun!

Embarkation was painless and we were one of the first on board. We left out of Terminal 4 which I had never been in before. Disembarkation this morning was also very easy.

Good:

The food. Our embarkation lunch in the MDR was excellent. Our first meal in the Crown Grill was excellent as was the service. Our meal last night in The Crown Grill was good, but my filet was very dry this time around. Still really enjoyed it. Really enjoyed our meal at the Salty Dog.

Pizza up on deck is just strange. The cheese almost sticks to the roof of your mouth. It kind of tasted like there was a "cream cheese" type of substance. I also don't get how a newly cooked burger can be so dry. Hey, I didn't have to cook for 5 days so it's all good!!

Not good:

Our cabin and our cabin steward. He had to be the worst that we have ever had. I actually don't think we ever had not had a cabin steward that was great. As I had posted, what our cabin looked like when we arrived took us by surprise. Dust, Dark curly hair all over, black in the toilet, dirty mirrors etc. The phone looks like it hasn't been wiped down in forever. We dropped something and had to lift the beds, yikes!! The top sheet that I requested was a ripped sheet and some of the towels were torn. This is not the Princess that I know and love.....

The steward didn't return all of our laundry we sent out. He actually went to argue with us last night and said we didn't have anything downstairs. I asked him to please check again because we had 3 pairs of shorts that were not returned. Everything else was packed but I waited to put out the suitcases because I needed my cleaning back. Went to dinner and came back upstairs and lo and behold....there are my 3 shorts hanging by themselves in the closet!!

The arm on the leather chair was all cracked, there is white paint all over the deck furniture and we just felt like the place was just not clean. I've never had a situation like that.

The Sanctuary was okay. It is quite surprising the difference between the Regal and the Crown in the level of care you are given up there. Many of the Sanctuary towels placed on the loungers were stained and had pulls everywhere. You wanted water, you had to go get it yourself. There were never enough people working up there so everyone always gave us and went and got their own drinks, own glasses of water and own towels. The one day that the couple demanded their money back because they were so frustrated, the crew simply straightened up the towels that were on the lounge for someone else to use. This couple had swam and it was hot and they had used the loungers for a while. Just gross that the crew didn't strip the loungers.

People kept walking in and just sitting down. It would sometimes take awhile before crew noticed people that didn't pay were using the loungers.

AC, the temperature in our cabin was not good. Last night was another hot night. We also had warm water, no mater what we did the faucet would not give us cold water.

We had a wonderful vacation. I love being out at sea and really enjoyed myself. But for the first time, I was ready to get off the ship.

What deck were you on

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm sure going to take the cabin steward to task if our cabin looks like yours did. I'll start with him, then his boss and go from there if need be. That is totally unacceptable to be in a cabin that is that dirty! I'll go out and get his vacuum cleaner and clean it myself if I need to in the meantime. Cleanliness is super important to me and I'm not willing to look beyond that much ineptness. Glad you had a good time overall but I sure hope that cabin steward gets his act together, goes home or is moved to a different section! I can usually count on Princess' stewards to be the best every time.

I'm sure going to take the cabin steward to task if our cabin looks like yours did. I'll start with him, then his boss and go from there if need be. That is totally unacceptable to be in a cabin that is that dirty! I'll go out and get his vacuum cleaner and clean it myself if I need to in the meantime. Cleanliness is super important to me and I'm not willing to look beyond that much ineptness. Glad you had a good time overall but I sure hope that cabin steward gets his act together, goes home or is moved to a different section! I can usually count on Princess' stewards to be the best every time.

That is very true about the stewards. And I should have said something but didn't. I just wanted to be away and if I had let it bother me, it would have kept me up at night! I'm so into things being clean that you can eat off my floors! lol I have never been bothered by a cabin steward nor my stateroom so this really was foreign territory for me.

I still can't figure out how to post pictures. I sent a couple of them to CRLess via Facebook messenger. I know he is leaving on a cruise, but maybe he knows how to post them. And by the way Chris, Bon Voyage to you and Brenda. Have the greatest time!!

Fantastic:

Good:

Not good:

We had a wonderful vacation. I love being out at sea and really enjoyed myself. But for the first time, I was ready to get off the ship.[/

Thank you for the review. I am a bit concerned about sailing on this ship for 12 days in October. Most concerning is the lack of A/C and I need air, I mean a lot of cool air due To my age.

Although we will be sailing in a cooler climate, we don’t have a balcony, so no fresh air.

That is sad to hear that the cabin condition was not up to the usual customary conditions that all of us have come to expect from Princess. More sad that the steward didn’t seem to care whether it was or not. We once had a similar experience during an Alaskan cruise. When we boarded, the toilet hadn’t been flushed, the fridge had half empty glasses of milk, and it was obvious the cabin was still just plain dirty. Steward dropped the ball all week, as a matter of fact. Gee, I’d almost forgotten all about that until reading your review.

Glad to hear the positive aspects of your cruise, too.

Thanks very much for the review. We are on the Crown in a couple of months.

We are recently off the Diamond (Australia to Fiji, return) and had also had air conditioning issues. After finally getting the manager of Passenger Services involved (they had told us twice that the cabin was an acceptable 70 degrees, she had the Mechanical Manager come to the cabin with a meter. It registered 81 degrees. They tried to fix it for 8 days and finally after a medical disembarkation, we moved to a cabin with air conditioning. This was a common theme throughout the ship - numerous people we spoke with also had extremely hot cabins.

Starting to think that the ships are aging in mechanical areas such as air conditioning.

As to your steward, it is so difficult to deal with as you have them for the rest of your cruise. We have also had 1 instance in 30 Princess cruises that left us shaking our heads. This steward was probably 60 and did NOTHING.

We did complain about the condition of our cabin to Passenger Services upon Embarkation, this after we asked him to clean our cabin and he ignored us. He grunted at us, went on his afternoon break and just left the mess. There were clumps of hair on the bathroom floor, probably 5 or 6 broken crackers on the main cabin floor, basically everything in the cabin was dirty upon our arrival.

Passenger Services had other cleaning staff come to clean the cabin and apologized, but for the rest of the cruise he continued to do less than the minimum. Not sure why they kept him.

We have the same attitude as the OP. We want to enjoy our vacation and always try to focus on the positives, but in both these instances it was hard to do. We don't want to live in a dirty cabin, nor do we want to try to sleep/get ready for dinner/relax in a cabin that is 80 degrees.

We are of the opinion that these types of things are few and far between. We continue to use Princess as we love the service and cruise style.

There are 1060 new cruisers on this cruise. Only 241 elites. No wonder I’m getting my laundry back in one day!

Many of the new cruisers are saying they won’t cruise princess again. I tell them not to judge it by this ship or sailing.

There seems to be some air conditioning issues on board. No only was our cabin very uncomfortable but we just spoke with another couple in the sanctuary and they said theirs was as well.

We were on this cruise, our first on Princess. Having been on many many cruises, we too were questioning whether we would cruise Princess again. The crowd was old (we are in our 60's), which I have read is often the case when sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale.

We were on the Lido deck with a balcony, but not new mattress. That didn't bother us one bit. What bothered me was the rough seas. Did not expect that.

The food was excellent and so was the entertainment. We don't gamble so can't speak to the casino. We enjoyed the the entertainment, especially the comedian. The gym was in good condition and had excellent equipment.

Our cabin steward was excellent, always going above and beyond. We had no problems with air conditioning at all, thankfully.

For shore excursions we booked Little French Key in Roatan, a nice spot but pricey. In Cozumel we booked through Princess and did the catamaran, snorkel and beach excursion. That was a fun excursion and the snorkeling was good, despite the large crowd.

I just expected a more upscale experience and was disheartened to see shorts and t-shirts in the DR. The other thing that was really annoying was the number of chair hogs, people who put their towel down and went off to eat lunch. How inconsiderate. I guess you see that on every cruise, but this was particularly bad.

Maybe a 5 day cruise was not the best way to try Princess. I don't know if/when we will be back.

Edited by AnnieB925
add

We were on this cruise, our first on Princess. Having been on many many cruises, we too were questioning whether we would cruise Princess again. The crowd was old (we are in our 60's), which I have read is often the case when sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale.

We were on the Lido deck with a balcony, but not new mattress. That didn't bother us one bit. What bothered me was the rough seas. Did not expect that.

The food was excellent and so was the entertainment. We don't gamble so can't speak to the casino. We enjoyed the the entertainment, especially the comedian. The gym was in good condition and had excellent equipment.

Our cabin steward was excellent, always going above and beyond. We had no problems with air conditioning at all, thankfully.

For shore excursions we booked Little French Key in Roatan, a nice spot but pricey. In Cozumel we booked through Princess and did the catamaran, snorkel and beach excursion. That was a fun excursion and the snorkeling was good, despite the large crowd.

I just expected a more upscale experience and was disheartened to see shorts and t-shirts in the DR. The other thing that was really annoying was the number of chair hogs, people who put their towel down and went off to eat lunch. How inconsiderate. I guess you see that on every cruise, but this was particularly bad.

Maybe a 5 day cruise was not the best way to try Princess. I don't know if/when we will be back.

I didn’t find the crowd to be old on this particular sailing. I actually found it to be younger than normal since families were on board with their kids on mid winter break. I’m 56 and met a lot of people in my age group or younger. But then again, maybe I am old!!😂

Sorry you aren’t sure if you will be back. There were a lot of first cruisers on the sailing and I heard that same sentiment. Bear in mind we were on a ship that is getting ready for dry dock. Some of what happened onboard is not the norm for Princess. Princess doesn’t do everything perfectly, but they are a good cruise line. Rough seas were happening to every cruise line out there this week and chair hogs unfortunately are on every cruise line. Perhaps it was more so on this sailing because there were so many people who had never cruised before and didn’t know any better.

Sounds like your excursions were fun!