Which cruise line uses the Manhattan port?

molole

Here is a pretty reliable list of which ships use which of the three cruise ship ports serving New York

http://www.worldshipny.com/port_sched_2017.shtml

For Turnarounds:

RCI, Celebrity, and occasionally Azamara and TUI use Cape Liberty (Bayonne, NJ)

Cunard, and Princess use Brooklyn (Red Hook)

NCL, CCL, HAL, Seaborn, Disney, P&O, Silversea, Oceania, Regent Seven Seas, Hapag-Lloyd, AIDA, Phoenix Reisen, Crystal, Viking Ocean, Ponant, and occasionally, MSC, Costa, NYK, and others use the two active Manhattan terminals.

For Port of Call stops with most passengers "In Transit", regardless of where their line usually docks, they try to use Manhattan, for the convenience of touring the most popular attractions. For example, RCI's Navigator of the Seas, on its repositioning cruise will call overnight at Manhattan on 14 and 15 November, even though RCI's "own" terminal at Cape Liberty is vacant on those dates. And some Princess ships on their round-the-world cruise from Australia will do likewise, even though Brooklyn may be available.

During adverse weather events, lots of rearranging takes place, when there may be a conflict.

Some trivia just for fun....What are the only two ships, that due to special circumstances, have used all three of New York's ports?

Answer: Queen Mary 2, and Caribbean Princess.....but that's another story...;)

CCL and NCL are year round in Manhattan. Love it as can take the train to GCS and 15.00 cab to pier and right to the waiting porters. No muss or fuss. Lol, getting off is harder as you have to cross a busy street with all your luggage. Plus waiting for cab can take awhile. One reason NOT to be in a rush to get off. Sometimes, last to get off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Thank you all! The website is awesome!

Yep, I will probably take train to Penn Station. I hope it's within walking distance to the pier.

Its about 20 blocks I would happily walk that (and a lot more) on a nice day when I am not dragging luggage. But with luggage, a taxi does make the most sense.

Hank

I usually can manage with my wheeled suitcase and carry-on, the walk to and from the 8th Avenue and 50th Street subway station to Pier 88 or 90 in about 15 or 20 minutes on a nice day....It's about 3/4 of a mile. But I am fairly fit, and used to riding the subway to and from work every day...;)

I have always wanted to leave from Manhattan proper. Which cruise line uses that port?

NCL is the line which most frequently sails from Manhattan. There are a few Carnival sailings as well.

Of course other lines occasionally sail from, or arrive to, it - but if you are interested in a round trip, those two are pretty much it.

We've walked from Penn to the Manhattan cruise terminal. It's about 20 min to walk and if it's a nice day weather wise, and you don't have several pieces of luggage and what you do have is on wheels and you can pull it along, it's totally doable. But barring unforeseen traffic, it's probably about a 10 minute $12-$15 cab ride and half that if you use Uber or Lyft.

We've walked from Penn to the Manhattan cruise terminal. It's about 20 min to walk and if it's a nice day weather wise, and you don't have several pieces of luggage and what you do have is on wheels and you can pull it along, it's totally doable. But barring unforeseen traffic, it's probably about a 10 minute $12-$15 cab ride and half that if you use Uber or Lyft.

That $15 or so Uber ride makes sense. Trundling your wheeled luggage many blocks over city sidewalks, streets and over curbs is a good way to shorten the effective life of those little wheels - which are really meant just for smooth airport terminal floors.

NCL has 2 ships home-ported all year round from Manhattan (currently Breakaway and Gem)....all the others are just seasonal, or even less....

As a matter of fact...NCL brought back all winter cruising to the Port of New York, in around 2003, after a thirty year absence. It used to be, when Cunard's QE2 sailed away on its annual world cruise around New Year's, there were no other ships in or out until mid-April, when the QE2 returned.

RCI also has an all year round ship from Cape Liberty (Anthem of the Sea's).

That $15 or so Uber ride makes sense. Trundling your wheeled luggage many blocks over city sidewalks, streets and over curbs is a good way to shorten the effective life of those little wheels - which are really meant just for smooth airport terminal floors.

Good point! The rough sidewalks and streets can take their toll on most suitcase wheels, unless you have high quality inline skate type wheels...which most don't....

I'd take a cab or Uber too, but it is an easy walk. As for luggage with wheels, I don't think I can count the miles mine has seen in European railway stations, sidewalks and cobble stone streets. The bag is starting to get a bit shabby, but the wheels keep on rollin'!