New Wine Packages

RetiredMustang

We're currently on Oosterdam, and have seen the brochure for the new wine packages. I did a search, and see that Vict0riann included this in her "The King and I blog" but I thought I would post a stand-alone thread for those who may have missed her blog.

There are now three packages. The first is clearly the old Navigator package and the second is the old Admiral's package, and there is a new package of premium wines. Also, instead of ordering 3, 5 or 7 bottles, the packages now come in 4, 6 or 8 bottles. Here are the pages of the new brochure:

[winepkgs%201_zps51odhksx.jpg winepkgs%202_zpswk0lcoeu.jpg

winepkgs%203_zpsypdpwhhf.jpg winepkgs%204_zpso9e0rkpy.jpg

winepkgs%205_zpslyomh6vf.jpg

Dave

Just a comment that I truly dislike "photobucket" which is always pushing out advertising whenever you connect to their site. And if you use an "adblocker" (always a good idea these days) photobucket will not work.

Hank

I tried Selection #3, the new addition to the wine package list, while on the Zaandam recently. I was pleased. I prefer New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc wines. The Drylands label on the new package was better, I thought, than the others available on the older packages. But, it still is not my most preferred: Villa Maria.

Actually, many of the wines that were on the Navigator and Admiral packages are no longer listed as being available. If you have a favorite from one of those previous packages, ask your wine server - your favorite might still be back there somewhere. It was for us and we were happy.

Jim

Question: I ordered individual wines from HAL Eurodam. One white and one red. It gave me an option to have it delivered to stateroom or dining room. Not knowing "which" dining room (newbie here) I chose stateroom. If I take these HAL delivered wines to the dining room from my stateroom will they charge me a corkage fee? If I had it delivered directly to the dining room at purchase would they charge me a corkage fee?

Question: I ordered individual wines from HAL Eurodam. One white and one red. It gave me an option to have it delivered to stateroom or dining room. Not knowing "which" dining room (newbie here) I chose stateroom. If I take these HAL delivered wines to the dining room from my stateroom will they charge me a corkage fee? If I had it delivered directly to the dining room at purchase would they charge me a corkage fee?

There is no corkage fee for any wine you purchase from HAL. The "service charge" is in the price when you order in advance and added to the purchase price on board (15% last time we were on).

If you prefer the wines be in the dining room, just call HAL's gifts # and ask them to change it and email you a confirmation.

I tried Selection #3, the new addition to the wine package list, while on the Zaandam recently. I was pleased. I prefer New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc wines. The Drylands label on the new package was better, I thought, than the others available on the older packages. But, it still is not my most preferred: Villa Maria.
- Are Villa Maria and Cloudy Bay the same grape? They taste the same to me and I really like both. :)

Dave, thanks for sharing this with us. very helpful.

Thank you for posting the information regarding the new wine packages. Is there a wine sampling for any of these packages? We have been to wine sampling events, but I don't think they were from any wine package for sale on the ship.

Thank you for posting the information regarding the new wine packages. Is there a wine sampling for any of these packages? We have been to wine sampling events, but I don't think they were from any wine package for sale on the ship.

We normally don't go to the wine tastings, so I can't say for sure which ones were offered, but there have been/will be three wine tastings on this cruise:

- Navigator Wine Tasting, Jan. 19, cost $19.95

- Premium Wine Tasting, Jan. 22, cost $39

- Wines Around the World Festival, Feb. 2 (this afternoon), cost $25

I don't know if these three events are keyed specifically to the three packages, but I would imagine that many of the package wines are featured, especially in the first two events early in the cruise -- it seems to me they would want to encourage you to buy the packages. (We usually buy packages when we don't have the Signature Beverage Plan, but we had the SBP for this cruise and did not look for info on wine packages on embarkation on Jan. 17; it was only by chance I saw the new brochure a few days ago.)

Dave

We normally don't go to the wine tastings, so I can't say for sure which ones were offered, but there have been/will be three wine tastings on this cruise:

- Navigator Wine Tasting, Jan. 19, cost $19.95

- Premium Wine Tasting, Jan. 22, cost $39

- Wines Around the World Festival, Feb. 2 (this afternoon), cost $25

I don't know if these three events are keyed specifically to the three packages, but I would imagine that many of the package wines are featured, especially in the first two events early in the cruise -- it seems to me they would want to encourage you to buy the packages. (We usually buy packages when we don't have the Signature Beverage Plan, but we had the SBP for this cruise and did not look for info on wine packages on embarkation on Jan. 17; it was only by chance I saw the new brochure a few days ago.)

Dave

We never went to the wine tastings but sometimes a really nice Sommelier would have a bottle of wine delivered to our cabin. That was appreciated.

Price per bottle breakdown is:

Cellar #1

4 - $29.75

6 - $28.17

8 - $27.38

Cellar #2

4 - $37.25

6 - $38.17

8 - $36.13

Cellar #3

4 - $47.25

6 - $44.83

8 - $41.13

It's interesting to note that in Cellar #2 it's actually cheaper to buy 4 bottles than 6.

We usually don't finish an entire bottle of wine at dinner. Will they hold the bottle and bring it out again the following evening? in any restaurant on the ship or only in the same restaurant?

In whatever dining venue, your bottle can be retrieved. If you are in a Lounge, i.e. Ocean Bar, and your bottle is stored in the dining room's storage area, it may not be possible. A way to prevent that issue is to have a bottle be stored in whichever Lounge's Bar you prefer. A bottle stored at the Ocean Bar can be obtained by a Steward going from, let's say, MIX, to the Ocean Bar and obtaining your bottle.

Your Wine Steward will be pleased to mark your bottle of wine with your stateroom number/name. If you are at a Fixed Seating time, your bottle of Red Wine should be near where you sit at your table; a white wine will be in a wine bucket near your table.

I guess I'll wait til aboard in March to see WHAT Wine Package I will get the Mariner 50% credit on...as HAL's Mariner Reward info sez, '50% discount EXCEPT Cellar Packages', by the glass, etc. etc. Hmm.

The regular wine packages are ok with discount. It's the Cellar Master Wine Package that doesn't get a discount.

From HAL's website:

50% discount on wine packages (excluding wine

cards, Cellar Master packages, individual bottles,

wine-by-the-glass and beverage gift cards)§