Movement of the ship while cruising!

Fighterone

DH is always tired when cruising. I am wondering if the constant movement of the ship might be what affects him. He goes to bed early and sleeps a lot but seems more tired when on a ship than when on land. It doesn't seem to bother me as much.

What is your experience?

DH is always tired when cruising. I am wondering if the constant movement of the ship might be what affects him. He goes to bed early and sleeps a lot but seems more tired when on a ship than when on land. It doesn't seem to bother me as much.

What is your experience?

It’s unlikely that the movement of the ship is the problem. Most of the cruise ships in operation these days have little motion compared to the ships in the past. While many people do find that the gentle motion of the ship is conducive to good sleep, some people do not, but it’s unlikely to make someone tired. There might be other issues.

One consideration might be the level of goings-on. While a cruise can be as active or relaxing as one chooses to make it, a certain amount of activity is involved, such as getting ready for dinner, on board activities, shows, games, etc. Participating in activities expends energy. Just getting around the ship can require quite a bit of energy. Visiting ports and taking excursions can be exhausting.

Even if a person does not engage in many activities, a change in diet, eating, drinking and the disruption of person’s normal circadian rhythms might also be taken into consideration. Being in a different environment or unfamiliar surroundings can cause anxiety or stress resulting in low energy levels.

Some people just don’t want to do much of anything when their on a cruise. Does that mean their tired? There is a distinction between being tired and being relaxed. Someone that is tired might not have the energy to do something. Someone that is relaxed might have the energy to do something, but they may not want to do anything.

One consideration might be the level of goings-on. While a cruise can be as active or relaxing as one chooses to make it, a certain amount of activity is involved, such as getting ready for dinner, on board activities, shows, games, etc. Participating in activities expends energy. Just getting around the ship can require quite a bit of energy. Visiting ports and taking excursions can be exhausting.

Even if a person does not engage in many activities, a change in diet, eating, drinking and the disruption of person’s normal circadian rhythms might also be taken into consideration. Being in a different environment or unfamiliar surroundings can cause anxiety or stress resulting in low energy levels.

You hit the nail on the head! It made me realize how sedentary DH is while not cruising...Thanks

Archived