Inspiration

carriebryce

I am nervous... haven't read the best of reviews about Carnival Inspiration. We have chosen this ship based on a variety of reasons (dirt cheap airfare to Tampa for one plus a few others). We will be traveling with a 2yo and 4yo for a 5-night cruise in early May 2010. I thought we would do better on a smaller ship, apx 2000 less cabins than the one I originally wanted - Liberty.

I realize people tend to write negative reviews much more often than positive, but I am getting nervous about our decision. Thoughts?

I also dont think Inspiration has 2000 less cabins than Liberty. I think it probably usually has maybe 1000 less pax than Liberty. ...where did you read it had 2000 less cabins?? Someone is giving you bad info. I dont even think Liberty has 2000 total cabins.

Carnival Liberty passenger capacity is 2,974 in 1,487 cabins according to the Carnival web site and ShipTips. According to the same sites Inspiration has a passenger capacity of 2,052 in 1,026 cabins.

I was going by Ecstasy we had onboard 2,400 including 300 children. When they count capacity, they dont count the 3/4 in the cabin. Thats how I came up with "maybe" (i.e. at most) 1000 difference.

... but not 2000 cabins difference for sure. lol.

I loved the Inspiration. Just have a positive attitude and go and have a good time! Don't worry about what other people have to say about it, go and have your own experience! The staff and crew onboard are amazing, and I love ships this size. It's more of a personable experience I find (you see the same people often, the people who work onboard get to know you, etc). Have a great time and when you come home write your own review about it.

I am nervous... haven't read the best of reviews about Carnival Inspiration. We have chosen this ship based on a variety of reasons (dirt cheap airfare to Tampa for one plus a few others). We will be traveling with a 2yo and 4yo for a 5-night cruise in early May 2010. I thought we would do better on a smaller ship, apx 2000 less cabins than the one I originally wanted - Liberty.

I realize people tend to write negative reviews much more often than positive, but I am getting nervous about our decision. Thoughts?

I am taking my sons on the Inspiration mid March (they are 4 and 6). I will be sure to write a review and let you know how they liked it

We were on the Inspiration in December and had a great time. The only problem we had was both embarkation and debarkation because of the fog. The ship didn't get in until after 3 and we got on after 5 PM and returning we didn't get back off the ship until about 5 PM. We did get to have lunch on the last morning/afternoon on the ship. The ship itself is good.

We loved the Inspiration! Cruised it last April with 3 kids 10, 13, 13 at the time. We all had a blast. Perfect size and number of days for a first time with kids. We did the 5 day to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Ship was in fine condition, no complaints, rooms great size, too. DH had one minor complaint, they ran out of (a variety) of food at the buffet on embarkation, still things to eat, though. That was our fault, we spent too much time looking around the ship and should have headed right to the buffet. We got over it after a drink of the day, and thoroughly enjoyed the cruise!

It wasn't recently, but we did take our three kids on Inspiration in July '08. We drove all the way to Tampa to get to a ship that offered connecting cabins and Waterworks. At that time, these things were not an option out of New Orleans, Mobile or Galveston (closer ports to us).

Our children (ages 6, 7 & 14) had a FABULOUS time. I can't stress that enough. We spent a lot of time watching the younger kids playing on the waterslides and the spray park. And the ship was small enough that the older child could wander around with her new found friends, and we were all comfortable with that.

As adults, my DH and I have had better cruise experiences, but it wasn't horrible, either. The staff was nice, but wasn't outstanding. It was like they were doing an average job, and not going above and beyond, like we had experienced on prior cruises.

We will be sailing on the Inspiration in February.

I looked at some of the negative reviews on this site and it looks to me like several were influenced by bad weather, especially fog in Tampa that delayed the embarkation process.

I expect Carnival to control a lot of my cruise experience, but I won't hold them accountable for the weather.

IMHO, a Carnival ship is a Carnival ship. One might have a bigger water slide, one might have a big outside theater screen, etc. There are differences, but I think price and itinerary are much more important than which Carnival ship you choose,just my opinion.

We will be taking our 3rd trip on this ship in August. We have been on many of Carnival ships of all sizes and we have no complaints. It is a good ship for kids ours are 10 and 13. No complaints here, wish we were going tomorrow it's 10 degrees here today!!!

We sailed Inspiration last week. Have been on close to 20 cruises, but this was our first time on Carnival.

We were very impressed! I didn't expect all the bells and whistles of the brand new larger ships. That said, the ship was clean, staff very friendly, food was very good and there was plenty to do. We had a great time, and I would do it again.

We were on the Inspiration a year or so ago and found it to be very clean. We had a great time. And your points about your kids are very good ones. Newer and bigger are not always the best choice.

Of the 9 Fantasy class ships that Carnival built , I believe that the Inspiration receives the most consistant good postings of all 9.

The ease of cruising from Tampa helps in those evaluations.

Sailed on her a few times , including the Inaugural in 1996.

Well maintained & upgraded .

Would anyone recommend Carnival Legend over Inspiration? That is also an option out of Tampa. It seems like there are some good, some bad, but mostly just mediocre reviews for Inspiration.

The Legend has been our favorite ship to date - and if you can swing the 7 day, I would do it in a heartbeat.

If you'll notice, you can find negative reviews about everything. I read cruise critic to get some hints about my future trips, but I am going to have a good time, so I don't care if someone else decided to nitpic on their vacation instead of just have fun, go with the flow and decide not to sweat the small stuff.

Our very first cruise was on the inspiration when we got married 9 years ago and that was before she was revamped. We took her out of New Orleans and we had a FANTASTIC time. I am sure she is much better now. I have sailed on 4 other carnival ships since then, Conquest, Glory, and the Holiday before she was retired. I even had a good time on there. It was old and yes you could tell her age but it seemed the service was outstanding and we had no complaints. We get better service on the smaller ships than the larger ones it seems. We will be sailing the Elation in November and have read terrible reviews about her but remember, It's your vacation and you are the one that decides if you have a good time or bad. Any day at sea is better than a day at work!! LOL

One more big plus in my opinion is the port of Tampa... I've cruised out of 3 other ports and none of them compare IMO to the ease of embarking/debarking in Tampa. It's a great facility.

I've sailed the Inspiration twice- once before her renovations, and once since, and she's a beautiful ship... just the right size for me!:)

Archived