Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

Looks like Southwest backed off the next schedule release another week.

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 4, 2015. On August 4, 2014, we will open our schedule for sale through March 6, 2015. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Looking at JetBlue Boston to San Juan 3/20, back on 3/28 for 2.

Got $875 rt yesterday, $782 today. Are these about normal for March?

Trying to decide if I should jump now or hold out...:confused:

Anyone in same boat or have advice?

Thanks!!

Looks like Southwest backed off the next schedule release another week.

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 4, 2015. On August 4, 2014, we will open our schedule for sale through March 6, 2015. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Thanks for the heads up. This is the latest I remember it being in years.

South West was supposed to open their flights July 21st for flights after Jan. 4th. Just got off the phone with them and they changed the date to

Aug. 4th.. :mad: Now another waiting game..

Waiting as well. It was originally July 21, then changed to July 28, now Aug 4. This is the latest I can recall it being in years.

FYI if you go here they post the date for the next schedule release, and update it as it changes.

Edited by CategoryQ

Waiting as well. It was originally July 21, then changed to July 28, now Aug 4. This is the latest I can recall it being in years.

FYI if you go here they post the date for the next schedule release, and update it as it changes.

Thanks for posting this link. I KNEW it was on the web page somewhere, and just spent about 20 minutes looking without success...

A~

There's been rumor around town Southwest was pulling out of KW. I hope that's not true because our airlines are very limited.

If by KW you mean Key West, they they stopped flying to Key West in June.

What does this have to do with RCI?

A lot of people fly Southwest Airlines the day before or the day of the cruise. Southwest opens their bookings at set times and many people wait patiently after booking an RCI cruise to book our flights since they are not usually open for booking that far in advance.

I am also waiting for Southwest to release Jan. flights. While I was checking to see if they were released, I found out our Christmas Eve flight had dropped nearly $30 for the 2 of us. I grabbed that price drop and will apply the funds to the return flight once it is released.:)

I am anxiously awaiting for Southwest too! I had to call them to find out where the information on the opening date is located. The person I talked to couldn't find it either and had to as someone else. Good news - I now know where to find the release date information on their website. I'm looking forward to applying my 2 $50 SW vouchers I received after my luggage disappeared on my return home from from a cruise last January. At least it was my return home! and not going to the cruise!

For those who do not know where to find the dates when Southwest tickets are released: On the home page at the upper far right click the travel tools box, at the bottom of the list is View All Travel Tools --click and there is the date.

I am anxiously awaiting for Southwest too! I had to call them to find out where the information on the opening date is located. The person I talked to couldn't find it either and had to as someone else. Good news - I now know where to find the release date information on their website. I'm looking forward to applying my 2 $50 SW vouchers I received after my luggage disappeared on my return home from from a cruise last January. At least it was my return home! and not going to the cruise!

If you Google "Southwest airlines open date", it's the first result.

Guess I ruffled up somebody's feathers....(there is medicine for people like that...:rolleyes:)

Some of us do fly and need to know the cost before cruising...

It's smart. As a regular on this Cruise Air board, I am constantly amazed by the number of people who book a cruise without knowing what the air will cost...or at least a general idea of what the air will cost. To me, I have to know ALL aspects of my vacation - air, meals, hotel, sites, etc. - to determine if I can afford it. Just last week my wife and I were trying to determine if we should go to Vegas + Grand Canyon for Thanksgiving, and after running a legit budget, determined we should not expend those funds at the time. I would never be able to make concrete plans without know what each thing, especially the expensive parts, would cost.

There are so many people who book a cruise long, long before plane tickets come on the market, and thus don't have any idea if they can truly afford the trip or not, which blows my mind.

Edited by Zach1213

Can this thread be merged into the general Southwest-when-are-fares-released thread at the top of the forum, please, so those of us who don't care about Southwest can pay even less attention to it. Ta muchly.

We have also been waiting for Southwest to release their prices. The prices we've been seeing for the February 14, 2015 sailing we want have been OUTRAGEOUS. Is that normal for that time of year? We are planning to book two balcony cabins on Carnival Breeze and sail with another couple as well (so three cabins in all) and the airfares we are seeing would cost almost double the price of the cruise. I think this is our 11th or 12th cruise and we've never seen prices this high. That is February vacation week in Massachusetts (where we live) but only in a few other states so I'm having a tough time understanding the spike.

Does anyone have any advice...or hope? I mean, we can afford everything, but geesh.

We have also been waiting for Southwest to release their prices. The prices we've been seeing for the February 14, 2015 sailing we want have been OUTRAGEOUS. Is that normal for that time of year?

Err, what's "OUTRAGEOUS" exactly? $150p.p. return? $650? $3000?

I'm afraid the crystal ball is broken today