Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

For those that are interested, SW Airlines opened up their reservations this morning through March 6, 2015.:D

Yes, Air Namibia open up reservations, thank the lord!

P.S. Why is there a separate thread for this when there's a stickie at the top of the page to handle this exact issue? :confused::mad:

Hopefully, it's o.k. with you that I answer your question.

Because moderators from other boards move them over here or because people don't pay attention to the sticky.

If it bothers you, why not just report it?

Edited by 6rugrats

Yes, Air Namibia open up reservations, thank the lord!

P.S. Why is there a separate thread for this when there's a stickie at the top of the page to handle this exact issue? :confused::mad:

Geez, is it really that important to you? I didn't see the sticky. Maybe that is because the "sticky" isn't in the RCCL Boards discussions! I don't check "Cruise Discussions." My bad.:eek::p

Edited by tinkerme1

Does anyone know if Southwest miles ever expire?

No, they do not, although check the language below since they do want activity from a SW flight or Partner every 24 months.

"Your points don't expire**

Plan your getaway for next week or next year. Either way, it's no problem since your points no longer have an expiration date."

**Points don’t expire as long as you have flight or Partner earning activity every 24 months. Benefits apply to points transactions. All Rapid Rewards Rules and Regulations apply."

If you have a SW Visa card, and you use it, you protect your SW points!

Edited by tinkerme1

Thanks! For some reason I couldn't find it on the website. Wouldn't you know it, though, I need it for March 15! Guess I will wait a little longer.

Go to SW Airlines website, click on "Travel Tools" located to the right of the page, then click on "All Travel Tools". Here you will see at the top of the page the next reservation opening date!

This thread is exclusively for those wishing to post questions and updates on when rate windows will open only.

Information posted elsewhere will be dropped here.

Likewise - posts that are not specifically on this topic will be deleted from this thread.

Thanks

Mike

***Note - There were posts for Jet Blue and South West on this board - however in setting this up I lost them. Please feel free to re-post your information here.

I will stick this thread to the top once it gets started.

*** This thread will drop posts over 90 days old.

Mike, I know you want to keep topics here about airline openings, however, most of us don't come to "Cruise Discussion Topics" to look for this type of information. Maybe have a sticky on ALL Cruise Ship categories to let everyone know it has been placed here?

I actually prefer it in the Cruise Ship info area since that is what most of us read besides the Roll Call.:confused:

Got my Southwest tickets for our February cruise thanks to this thread!!! I would have never known to watch for the release date without you guys. Paid $400 less for our upcoming flight then we did this past February. So happy!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rumors amongst one or two aviation forums I have seen are saying it will be their "biggest schedule change ever" and a "complete makeover". I, for one, am intrigued, even though I am not looking to book any tickets.

Southwest really needs to change how they turn their aircraft as they find themselves increasingly large and in increasingly busy/delayed airports. The 25-30 minute turns simply don't cut it any more, and are resulting in delays.

Edited by Zach1213

I booked our trip from MKE to FLL for 4/3/15 but have to wait for the dates to open to come back on 4/12/15. I love that they do non-stop. One up and down and we're either in Florida or home in Wisconsin.

:D

Southwest really needs to change how they turn their aircraft as they find themselves increasingly large and in increasingly busy/delayed airports. The 25-30 minute turns simply don't cut it any more, and are resulting in delays.
It's interesting to hear that. My one observation to date of a WN turn was that it couldn't be done in the fabled 25 minutes.

I wonder what has changed?

It's interesting to hear that. My one observation to date of a WN turn was that it couldn't be done in the fabled 25 minutes.

I wonder what has changed?

It definitely can't be done. That, combined with busier and more deplane prone airports, are the root of WN's delay problems. They need to make turn times more like 35-45 minutes IMHO.

In the old days (like 7-10 years ago) it could be done in 25 and routinely was. Not any more.

It definitely can't be done. That, combined with busier and more deplane prone airports, are the root of WN's delay problems. They need to make turn times more like 35-45 minutes IMHO.

In the old days (like 7-10 years ago) it could be done in 25 and routinely was. Not any more.

I've been "lucky" enough that my second leg has always been delayed allowing me to make the connection. Unfortunately the delay ends up being hours long.... way more than necessary.

Now I try to stick with nonstop flights when it comes to SWest, there are some handy ones from Albany and if you book early enough the prices are reasonable.

The reworked seating that means more people on the plane is also contributing to the time to turn over the plane. That said, I find my flights on Southwest are still more on time than many others, and I am more likely to get where I need to be on a direct flight on Southwest than another airline.

Anyone know when Southwest will release their schedule beyond April 6, 2015? I'm anxious to start pricing flights for my 4-day Coastal cruise next year.

Roz

We are currently accepting air reservations through April 6, 2015. On November 10, 2014, we will open our schedule for sale through June 5, 2015. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Cleara,

Where did you find that on their website? Thanks for the info - that's exactly what I was looking for. Just a few more days and I can start comparison shopping, although I always end up with SW if they serve the destination I'm traveling to.

Roz

Cleara,

Where did you find that on their website? Thanks for the info - that's exactly what I was looking for. Just a few more days and I can start comparison shopping, although I always end up with SW if they serve the destination I'm traveling to.

Roz

Ever since Southwest changed the website, I've not been able to find that page without doing a search for Travel Tools.