princess cruise sanctuary

rwollfy23

the 10.00 you are referring to is for a half day rental of a chair in the sanctuary? the cost does not include drinks or food. they provide ice water free of charge, cold towels, Ipods and evian spray for your face.

There is a 3.00 charge per order for drinks or food. They have a menu for you to select from. We just walked ourselves down a flight of stairs to the nearest bar and ordered our own drinks.

The Sanctuary is a pay service on all Princess ships. The fee covers use of a lounge chair and amenities as noted. Food is covered, there is a delivery charge.

You can purchase the service for 1/2 day intervals day of, or full day if available, or book the entire cruise on day 1.

BTW, I think it's $15 for a half day?

Also, does anyone know what the operating hours are? Does it vary by cruise? Open in the evenings (I'm a night swimmer)

The hours are from 8 to 5 pm. The cost is $20 pp for a full day.

There are 2 set 1/2 day segements-- 8-12 and 1-5. These are $10 pp each.

You can "buy" the entire cruise for $15 pp/pd.

Hope this helps!:)

Thanks.

I was hoping the days would be a little longer. Still thinking going to buy the whole cruise for our Panama run, but now not as sure, since a lot of the days will be in port till after it closes..

I usually enjoy the Sanctuary but on the Island it is located aft and it is very tranquil; however when that spinning class starts at 4 you may want to move locations if your chair is beside the gym.

I don't usually buy the Sanctuary for the entire sailing I just go and enjoy on the days that I am free and want some pampering.

the 10.00 you are referring to is for a half day rental of a chair in the sanctuary? the cost does not include drinks or food. they provide ice water free of charge, cold towels, Ipods and evian spray for your face.

There is a 3.00 charge per order for drinks or food. They have a menu for you to select from. We just walked ourselves down a flight of stairs to the nearest bar and ordered our own drinks.

Note the $3 charge is for food orders only, not drinks, the normal 15% tip applies to all bar orders though

Thanks for the responses, I see what's going on with this Sanctuary place now...

Which leads me to another question... Is it really worth the money? I mean really? What is so spectacular?

I'm for sure looking forward to at least checking out the new use of space on the CB, but admittedly I've got a white-knuckled grip around every last dollar, so I'm just wanting to know from those who have experienced it. In the back of my mind, I'm feeling a little nickel and dimed to death with the news that this is a pay-to-relax venue. Hmmm...

Thanks for the responses, I see what's going on with this Sanctuary place now...

Which leads me to another question... Is it really worth the money? I mean really? What is so spectacular?

I'm for sure looking forward to at least checking out the new use of space on the CB, but admittedly I've got a white-knuckled grip around every last dollar, so I'm just wanting to know from those who have experienced it. In the back of my mind, I'm feeling a little nickel and dimed to death with the news that this is a pay-to-relax venue. Hmmm...

I love it, but I don't want to do it every day... the lounge chairs are thick and plush, for some ships there is a private pool (ie the Island), the personalized service is nice, it is adults only, and there is no smoking.

But you can find quiet areas on the other decks if it is tranquility you are looking for, but I would rather drop $10 here than in the slot machine. That is why I like having the choice of where I spend my money.

Apparently on the Canal itineraries there is a decent chance that a lounger will not be available on canal day without a weeks purchase. Talked to the spousal unit and we decided it will depend on if we book a tour on canal day, if we do we will probably not book the week, if we opt to stay on the ship, we will. This of course is subject to change without notice, I'll be paying close attention to reviews starting in October of this year.

I have to admit, I do like the quiet pool option, although I don't expect a huge number of kids on an October cruise. I just want somewhere to be able to grab a dip in the pool, read my kindle and not deal with chair hogs.

I usually enjoy the Sanctuary but on the Island it is located aft and it is very tranquil; however when that spinning class starts at 4 you may want to move locations if your chair is beside the gym.

I don't usually buy the Sanctuary for the entire sailing I just go and enjoy on the days that I am free and want some pampering.

Just got off Caribbean 9 day cruise $135.00 for the 9days pp to me it was well worth the extra money,,......only complaint is that anyone except kids can use the spa pool which is right where we are...would prefer restricted to spa guests and sanctuary guests only... it really is the place to relax and reflect......:):p:D;)

We booked 2 loungers for the duration of a 12 day med cruise on the Ruby. We knew we would not be able to use it on port days (just on the 1/2 days) but it was worth it for the sea days. It was fully booked each day at sea so unless you are willing to take your chances each morning the only way to ensure a place is to book the whole trip.

As mentioned, it is quiet with no children, and you always have your lounger waiting for you.

It is true that anyone can use the adult's only pool, but not too many passengers seemed to know that as it was never crowded. They also enforced the no children rule in that pool while they did not seem to at the aft adult's only pool.

Just got off Caribbean 9 day cruise $135.00 for the 9days pp to me it was well worth the extra money,,......only complaint is that anyone except kids can use the spa pool which is right where we are...would prefer restricted to spa guests and sanctuary guests only... it really is the place to relax and reflect......:):p:D;)

I just got off this cruise on the Caribbean Princess as well. I purchased a seat for the entire sailing as soon as we got on the ship. I was really glad I did it. Friends who didn't reserve for the entire sailing had to wake at 5:30 a.m. and be in line by 6 a.m. to get a Sanctuary seat. Not my idea of a vacation.

As Cruise Crew said, there were some loud people in the spa pool at times during our sailing. But it is still a relatively quiet escape with a high level of service. If you are looking for a quiet escape, I really encourage you to treat yourself to the Sanctuary.

I took some photos and will post them soon.

Can I purchase a seat for the entire sailing before the cruise from Princess' website? I looked an couldn't find any info.

No, you need to book the Sanctuary seat when you board. You might want to board early to make sure you get a spot.

We were at the Sanctuary at about 11 am on the CB Princess and the seats available for the entire sailing were nearly gone.

No, you need to book the Sanctuary seat when you board. You might want to board early to make sure you get a spot.

We were at the Sanctuary at about 11 am on the CB Princess and the seats available for the entire sailing were nearly gone.

Where on the ship can I book it? At the Sanctuary or at the Spa?

Where on the ship can I book it? At the Sanctuary or at the Spa?

On the CB Princess, we booked with the serenity steward at the Sanctuary. They will show you a map of the seats that are left.

Look up before you book to see how much sun the seat gets before you sign up.

From this thread I gather that you can book a Sanctury lounger for the whole cruise when you embark, but can you book a couple of specific days on embarkation or do these have to be booked on the mornings of the days in question? In essence, I would like to book a couple of spaces for the "at sea" days only and do so on first embarking.

We are on the Sea Princess in January.

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Jetnoise
Corrected typos!