Onboard the Oasis of the Seas (August 21, 2010)

Daghis

Awesome pic., thanks for sharing. I watched her sail into the port this morning at around 4:30, what an amazing sight. I get my turn two weeks from today and can't wait. I sure hope you are able to post live as that would make my long boring work week.

The camera has 12x optical zoom and can actually go up to 16x before it starts degrading the picture. I'd say that picture was about 8-10x.

I'm hoping to continue posting, including pictures while onboard. It will depend on how well my iPad cooperates with the ship's WiFi. This is my first trip using the iPad instead of bringing my laptop. It's an experiment for me.

You should have no problem with the IPAD on the Oasis, I was on the 8/7 sailing and it connected fine. Just remember to switch off Wifi each time you are done to make sure you log out as it is was not apparent how to log off RC wifi to stop minute being used.

A woman just came out to give us a status update. They haven't started boarding yet, but it will be soon. Meanwhile, they are beginning to process the day guests. I guess they didn't want us getting alarmed that people were going on early.

There are a lot of workers at the check-in desks below us. It's no wonder they can check in so many passengers so quickly. I can see at least 30 or 40 from where I'm sitting, and I've only got a partial view of the oval check-in area.

The Oasis of the Seas is so close! As Gene Wilder (as Willy Wonka) said, the suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last! :D

Have a wonderful cruise! I am really interested in hearing how your iPad works out for you on board. That is what I am planning on bringing next feb.

Muriel

The camera has 12x optical zoom and can actually go up to 16x before it starts degrading the picture. I'd say that picture was about 8-10x.

I'm hoping to continue posting, including pictures while onboard. It will depend on how well my iPad cooperates with the ship's WiFi. This is my first trip using the iPad instead of bringing my laptop. It's an experiment for me.

Add my name to the list of those loving the large pic.:D

I do hope you are able to post pics and a review while you are on board. I love "Live" threads. I do my first RCL cruise next April and I can't wait.:)

Keep us "posted":D:p...Sorry guys could not resist that one;)

We're in!!!

I'm taking a break in our Central Park view cabin and thought I'd say hello to y'all and let you know I'm already having a wonderful time! We've explored the Boardwalk, Central Park, and, of course, the Royal Promenade. We're about to go off and do some more exploring up toward the front of the ship.

For those keeping notes of happenings on board, the muster drill is at 4:15. Our muster "station" is the Royal Promenade, a very nice place to hang out and far better than waiting outside.

Also, there was a letter in our cabin advising us about the work being done on the Aquatheater. They advise that they're working on it, but shows may not be available, citing safetynto the performers involved. There wasn't any mention about potential OBC if all performances were to end up being canceled, but I'm not concerned about that whatsoever at this point.

Okay, I'm off to go enjoy more of the ship.

By the way, we got Bon Voyage stateroom decorations for our friend who's joining us on his very first cruise. He liked them a lot, saying that they were very lively and festive.

Do you have a Central Park Balcony? What deck? We will be on board the end of Oct and have a C1 balcony on the 12th deck. Was just wondering what you thought of it. we are so use to the balcony looking over the ocean, not sure what to expect.

Have a wonderful time and we are all looking forward to your review.

Irene

My iPad gets to sail the Oasis on October 16. This must be my dream thread - live from the Oasis via iPad Seriously, I am looking forward to the details of using the iPad on board.

I am sailing with you on 16 October and can't wait. However, I am extremely fortunate to be boarding the Voyager of the Seas tomorrow in Barcelona, so I'll read the rest of this thread (which I think will be extremely long) on my return.

We stopped back at the cabin for another break. Our luggage arrived. I would have thought that it would have been delivered sooner since we arrived so early, but it's absolutely fine in any case.

We just met our room steward, Ray. He seemed very nice and spent time to explain some features of the room including the fact that the Master Switch also controls the air conditioning and so we probably won't want to turn it off, and especially when we go to sleep.

We have the muster drill in 15 minutes. Until then, we're taking a short break. After the drill, we'll head up to watch sail away up on deck 14 forward in that semi-hidden area.

I'm still so excited to be here! It's finally real!

Oh, and regarding the view, we have a CV (view) cabin, not a balcony. We're located close to the Rising Tide Bar. I'll take pictures of the view later.

Okay, I'm not quite onboard just yet, but I got this shot from my hotel balcony (at the Embassy Suites) this morning and thought I'd try to share it with my friends here.

I was surprised to get such a great view of her from our room. I guess we're really lucky.

(For those interested in a technical aspect, this picture was taken with my Panasonic DMC-ZS3 camera, imported into my iPad using the iPad Camera Connection Kit, and then uploaded to MobileMe.)

I'm using the "web" size image to inline here. The next smaller size ("medium") is quite a bit smaller. I'll show that one here:

medium.jpg

Which size looks better for the post?

Great photo..what time was this? We sail in 7 weeks and would love to get a photo like this..I use the same camera. Also watched you sail away about 1 hour ago..enjoy this amazing ship.

How was your sailaway location on deck 14... happy cruising:D

Great photo..what time was this? We sail in 7 weeks and would love to get a photo like this..I use the same camera. Also watched you sail away about 1 hour ago..enjoy this amazing ship.

How was your sailaway location on deck 14... happy cruising:D

Hi to all my October Shipmates!!!!!

g

Archived