Chef Table - Caribbean Princess - 9/13/10

BrooklynChick

I wanted to thank everyone for recommending the Chef's Table. My DH & I did the Chef's Table on the Caribbean Princess for their 9/11/10 run. I called as soon as I was on the ship. I didn't even put down my luggage before I called dining reservations.

We met with the Maitre'D the evening before to review the procedures. They wanted to make sure we didn't have any allergies and to emphasize that we were to be as sanitary as possible. Ladies - no open toe shoes in the kitchen.

That night we were given lab coats and we paraded through the dining room. I whispered to several curious onlookers that, "the doctors were in."

We then did a tour of the kitchen. WOW. It was immaculate and very organized. We then had the following appetizers while talking to the Executive Chef and Maitre'D:

Crab Meat Margarita with Avocado & Mango, Foie Gras Terrine on Broiche, Bistro Mini Quiche Provencale, and Roasted Red Bliss Potatoes with Sour Cream and Caviar and a few others with great champagne.

For dinner we had Asparagus Risotto with Lobster tails and claws with a white wine, Lemon Sorbet with Mango Slaw as a refresher, Trio of Beef, Veal, and Pork Tenderloin on Medieval Spiked Flambe Roaster with various sauces with a red wine, Baked Camembert with Pine Nuts, port wine reduction walnut bread.

For desert we had iced amaretto parfait with vanilla plums and brandy. This was served in a spun sugar platter and cover with a desert wine. We also had a choice of espresso, american coffee, tea or cappuchino.

We received a photograph of DH and me with the chef, and the table picture. Each lady received a red rose.

We also received a signed copy of,"A Culinary Journey - Courses" signed by the Executive Chef and the Maitre'D.

Some suggestions eat very lightly during the day - you don't want to miss a thing.

I would highly recommend the Chef Table. It was worth every penny.

Thanks for the review; glad you enjoyed it!

Bob, we received a hand-written copy of the menu; I'm assuming they do that for every Chef's Table. Believe me, after all that wine and food and did I mention the wine?, you're in a stupor and nobody would be able to remember!

I called from my cabin phone and pressed the dining button. Several of our tablemates said they went directly to passenger services as soon as they went aboard.

We had ten at our table and I think there were discussions of having a second Chef's Table on the cruise.

I called from my cabin phone and pressed the dining button. Several of our tablemates said they went directly to passenger services as soon as they went aboard.

We had ten at our table and I think there were discussions of having a second Chef's Table on the cruise.

I find the 1st public phone in the Atrium/Piazza to call, then again from our cabin if we get a recording before they're ready to accept reservations.

Thanks for the review. We've done it twice. Your menu is close to the one we had on the Sapphire last month. The one constant seems to be Trio of Beef, Veal, and Pork Tenderloin on Medieval Spiked Flambe Roaster. And the other is that dessert will be on a sugar plate. Last month, they had beautiful sugar domes covering that fit on top of the sugar plates.

The chef's table sounds great. What is the additional cost? Has anyone done both the ultimate ship tour and the CT? If you had to pick one, which would it be?. I'm on the Emerald 10/19. :rolleyes:

$75/person and worth it.

We have done both UST and CT, but not on the same voyage. Both are great experiences, so if you can afford it, sign up for both.

I wanted to thank everyone for recommending the Chef's Table. My DH & I did the Chef's Table on the Caribbean Princess for their 9/11/10 run. I called as soon as I was on the ship. I didn't even put down my luggage before I called dining reservations.

We met with the Maitre'D the evening before to review the procedures. They wanted to make sure we didn't have any allergies and to emphasize that we were to be as sanitary as possible. Ladies - no open toe shoes in the kitchen.

That night we were given lab coats and we paraded through the dining room. I whispered to several curious onlookers that, "the doctors were in."

We then did a tour of the kitchen. WOW. It was immaculate and very organized. We then had the following appetizers while talking to the Executive Chef and Maitre'D:

Crab Meat Margarita with Avocado & Mango, Foie Gras Terrine on Broiche, Bistro Mini Quiche Provencale, and Roasted Red Bliss Potatoes with Sour Cream and Caviar and a few others with great champagne.

For dinner we had Asparagus Risotto with Lobster tails and claws with a white wine, Lemon Sorbet with Mango Slaw as a refresher, Trio of Beef, Veal, and Pork Tenderloin on Medieval Spiked Flambe Roaster with various sauces with a red wine, Baked Camembert with Pine Nuts, port wine reduction walnut bread.

For desert we had iced amaretto parfait with vanilla plums and brandy. This was served in a spun sugar platter and cover with a desert wine. We also had a choice of espresso, american coffee, tea or cappuchino.

We received a photograph of DH and me with the chef, and the table picture. Each lady received a red rose.

We also received a signed copy of,"A Culinary Journey - Courses" signed by the Executive Chef and the Maitre'D.

Some suggestions eat very lightly during the day - you don't want to miss a thing.

I would highly recommend the Chef Table. It was worth every penny.

So glad you enjoyed the Chef's Table. It is truely a great experience.....:):):)

Bob

This thread brought back great memories! We dearly loved the CT experience; we may have to do it again in November!!! One of the things I very much enjoyed was the opportunity, during cocktails in the Galley, to speak one-on-one with the ship's Captain. He was very charming and interesting. Absolutely worth the cost, in my opinion. :)

This thread brought back great memories! We dearly loved the CT experience; we may have to do it again in November!!! One of the things I very much enjoyed was the opportunity, during cocktails in the Galley, to speak one-on-one with the ship's Captain. He was very charming and interesting. Absolutely worth the cost, in my opinion. :)

I'd pay more to experience it....:):):)

Bob

Archived