free wifi for suite passengers?

haras

I saw that Princess offers free wifi for suite passengers? Is that true? Is it unlimited wifi? If this is true, and it's unlimited, which types of suites does this include? Are mini suite passengers included?

TIA!

I saw that Princess offers free wifi for suite passengers? Is that true? Is it unlimited wifi? If this is true, and it's unlimited, which types of suites does this include? Are mini suite passengers included?

TIA!

Last year we got upgraded to a family suite on the Emerald and got to use the Internet Cafe all week for free, which our kids LOVED.. (so did we, cause that can add up)..But I'm not sure if that's the case with mini-suites or not. I don't know about free wi-fi though! Sorry:(

Yes to free in suites as others have posted. You WILL get charged for your package you pick. But it will be credited back on your final bill. Make SURE it is.

On my cruises on the Emerald/Ruby, I noticed it was crredited back every night.....

Bob

Stayed in a PH suite on both the Emerald & Ruby. While we did have the free internet, I couldn't get a signal in the cabin or balcony:( Had to go to the hallway near the elevators before I could get a signal.

Bob

We had this same problem in an aft suite. We were told to keep the door open & then we were able to get a signal...not a strong signal, but we were online.

Jan

We were in an aft suite this year on the Ruby and never once had an issue getting a signal. That is so weird. We used the WiFi during all times of day too, morning, noon and night, though mostly at night, and we always were able to get a signal. I wonder if it has anything to do with where you are cruising. We were on a ten day mostly southern. We also did not have an issue with the charges getting credited back to our account. They credited them back immediately. I did buy a package deal though because I thought it would be easier than doing it minute by minute, then when I ran out of minutes from the package, I bought a new one. So maybe that is why I did not have an issue with them crediting me back. Easier bookkeeping perhaps, and easier for me to check. :p

Yes to free in suites as others have posted. You WILL get charged for your package you pick. But it will be credited back on your final bill. Make SURE it is.

On my cruises on the Emerald/Ruby, I noticed it was crredited back every night.....

Bob

Just got off the Sapphire this week. Did not have to buy a package as platinum. Once I logged on with name and cabin #, the system recognized me as a platinum and posted that I had 150 free minutes. Don't know if this is fleet wide or just on the Sapphire.

Also had excellent signal in the aft while a friend who was close to the forward elevators had a weak signal.:confused:

We had this same problem in an aft suite. We were told to keep the door open & then we were able to get a signal...not a strong signal, but we were online.

Jan

Tried all sorts of stuff in the suite and balcony; nothing worked. We were port side on both cruises.....

Bob

We had an aft suite on the Star earlier this year. I blogged the entire trip from the suite. We kept buying packages and they were credited back. We had a signal in the room, but not on the balcony. We also noticed that the internet got slower in the evening (and was almost useless during the Superbowl). Our guess was that i was on when the ship was sending data to Santa Clarita (HQ).

Because it was unlimited, I posted a lot of pictures to the blog. We were in Antarctica, and with few port stops nobody was getting postcards.

If anyone wants to see the blog, let me know.

We have an aft suite on The Grand coming up. Anyone have problems getting a signal??? thanks

We just came off the Grand and were in an aft suite. Wifi worked perfectly the whole cruise so enjoy the free internet. It was charged and credited back daily.

I just got off PS D422 on the Coral. The WiFi was pretty bad. Rarely got a signal for more than five minutes. The speed in the Internet Cafe was horrible as well.

I am hoping things are better on the Ruby next month. I do need to remember I am on holiday and not to stress too much about my Internet speed and:) access

We just came off the Grand and were in an aft suite. Wifi worked perfectly the whole cruise so enjoy the free internet. It was charged and credited back daily.

On most of the fleet now it is never charged to your account when in a suite. You are recognized as a suite passenger and there are no charges.

Mike :)

Thanks Hal, that makes me feel good. Our trip is two weeks to just relax so I probably will use it often.

We had a suite on the Coral in May that was way aft and the signal was very good early morning. It was ok in the afternoon but the evening was terrible. I like to use it late at night while watching a movie and was very disappointed that there was no signal. I just learned to do every thing in the morning.

We are new to Princess and sailing in less than 2 weeks ... could someone please clarify about the free internet for full suite people?

So, it's free ... but only in the internet cafe or also in one's cabin with one's own laptop? Also, from posts here, it sounds like one can buy a package of minutes and both the charge and an equal credit will appear on our account. Do I understand correctly? Alternatively, one can just use the internet without buying a package of minutes, and the charges show up on one's account ... but in this scenario the credit may not magically appear on the statement?

Thanks for your help:)

Archived