2010 HAL Mariner Tiles

GeriatricNurse

Less than one week ago, I emailed HAL asking when the 2010 HAL Mariner Tiles would be uploaded onto the HAL website.

Today, I received the following e-mail from a staff of the Mariner Society, which reads, in part:

"Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line and for bringing this to our attention. The 2010 Mariner tiles can now be view(ed) on our website www.hollandamerica

under Mariner Society Rewards Program>Tiles. We apologize for the day"

Did no one else notice that the 2010 Mariner Tiles, (after nine months into 2010), had not yet been uploaded onto the HAL website?;)

We didn't get tiles on our recent 4-day PNW cruise. I was disappointed, as I thought the tile would be a nice souvenir for my sister. It was her first HAL cruise. Guess they're not given on cruises that are less than 7 days long.

Roz

We didn't get tiles on our recent 4-day PNW cruise. I was disappointed, as I thought the tile would be a nice souvenir for my sister. It was her first HAL cruise. Guess they're not given on cruises that are less than 7 days long.

Roz

I think a couple of other people have mentioned that they did not get any tiles on their 3 and 4 day cruises.

Maybe someone will chime in here with an answer.

Click here, then click on the word Tiles on left side where several choices are shown.

In case above link doesn't work for you, the embedded address is:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action

Edit: Oops... I see that Krazy Kruizers already posted images while I was finding the page to link.:)

I think a couple of other people have mentioned that they did not get any tiles on their 3 and 4 day cruises.

We didn't get one on our 10-day Eurodam cruise either. Figured they were just another "amenity" that had been eliminated!

We were told on our July 2010 Nieuw Amsterdam cruise that you now have to go to the Mariner's Society luncheon to get the tiles. It use to be that they would leave them in your cabin if you did not attend. Perhaps that is why some are not gettign their tiles?

We were told on our July 2010 Nieuw Amsterdam cruise that you now have to go to the Mariner's Society luncheon to get the tiles. It use to be that they would leave them in your cabin if you did not attend. Perhaps that is why some are not gettign their tiles?

I believe that's what you were told. I don't believe that's the procedure. And I absolutely believe that the procedure varies from ship to ship.

I was on the Amsterdam in August. I did not go to the Mariners' Brunch (although I did go to the reception), and my tile was left in my cabin.

In case no one else has mentioned it, HAL does NOT give tiles to their first time cruisers. It starts with your second cruise with them.

In case no one else has mentioned it, HAL does NOT give tiles to their first time cruisers. It starts with your second cruise with them.

I beg to differ! DW & I DID receive tiles on our FIRST cruise, (because we asked if we could have them & we received TWO)!:)

Archived