Platinum and Elite Meetings

nimiq

Hello all,

Does anyone know if we can bring our friends that our not platinum members to these meeting in the skywalker ?

Sea ya

Eric

Presumably, you're referring to the cocktail parties in Skywalkers each evening. When my sister and I cruised last October, I asked the Captain's Circle coodinator if it was alright for my sister to attend even though she was a new Princess cruiser. She was welcome to join me as a guest at these special events.

I would suggest that you check with Passenger Services or the Captain's Circle coordinator on your cruise beforehand, but I'm sure that your friends will be welcome.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Technically, no. However, on our recent Crown cruise, absolutely no one was checking and although it was clearly marked for Platinum, Elite and Suite passengers, people were walking in and getting whatever they wanted. If there's plenty of room, I'd say it's fine to bring a friend or two but if the area is full, it's not fair to those who have earned the perk.

When we were on the Island last January, we received a card with a list of the days and special hors d'oeurves; some of them were very, very good. On the Crown last month, the layout was pretty bad. Nothing special; just veggies and ranch dressing, cheese and crackers, etc. No shrimp or anything that made it special. Frankly, it wasn't worth going to Skywalkers or starting our pre-dinner drinks early (because they shut it down at 7pm, eliminating any chance for late Traditional diners to take advantage of it.)

Technically, no. However, on our recent Crown cruise, absolutely no one was checking and although it was clearly marked for Platinum, Elite and Suite passengers, people were walking in and getting whatever they wanted. If there's plenty of room, I'd say it's fine to bring a friend or two but if the area is full, it's not fair to those who have earned the perk.

When we were on the Island last January, we received a card with a list of the days and special hors d'oeurves; some of them were very, very good. On the Crown last month, the layout was pretty bad. Nothing special; just veggies and ranch dressing, cheese and crackers, etc. No shrimp or anything that made it special. Frankly, it wasn't worth going to Skywalkers or starting our pre-dinner drinks early (because they shut it down at 7pm, eliminating any chance for late Traditional diners to take advantage of it.)

I'm on the Emerald on 10/19. I'll check it out and see what they have. I'm also a late traditional diner.:cool:

I'm on the Emerald on 10/19. I'll check it out and see what they have. I'm also a late traditional diner.:cool:
When your dinner time is 8:15pm, there's no way I want to start drinking at 6:30pm. I can stretch my one drink only so much. :)

Below is the selection that was offered during our recent cruise on the Caribbean Princess. The Elite/Platinum cocktail parties in Skywalkers were held from 5-7PM each night except Tuesday and Wednesday. Specialty drink of the night was $2.99.

Saturday: Guacamole w/Tortilla Chips, Margarita

Sunday: Beef Tartare w/Melba Toast, Rob Roy

Monday: Smoked Salmon w/Toast Points, Chairman of the Board

Thursday: Raclette Cheese w/Croutons, Port

Friday: Herb Marinated Goat Cheese w/Rosemary Flatbread, Brezza Marina

In addition to the nightly appetizer, there was also a selection of cheese, crackers, and olives. Very nice.

I was on the Sapphire in February and there were 8 people in our group. 1 person was Elite and 3 were Platinum. All 8 of us went to the cocktail party a few times. No one ever questioned us or checked names. They did look at our cards to see that enough of us were entitled to be there. It was nice and we enjoyed it. Most often it wasn't crowded at all.

From what I read it's not all that crowded but if they get sticky about letting in your friends just go in with your wife, sit down for a while & then take her card back out & give it to your friend. Have your wife do the same with your card & everyone will be happy. ;)

How tacky. :rolleyes:

Do they have these cocktail parties on cruises from Australian ports. We were on Dawn Princess last year Southampton to Sydney 52 nights and there wasn't one night on that cruise. By the way - we have been Elite for some time and haven't come accross this yet.

When your dinner time is 8:15pm, there's no way I want to start drinking at 6:30pm. I can stretch my one drink only so much. :)

From what the OP said in the previous post, the only drink I would be half way interested in was the Margaritia. I think the nap until 7 is sounding better and better.:)

I am always surprised how sparse the attendance is at these very nice gatherings. Most nights there are maybe 6 couples the whole time we are there. Last cruise we didn't get the card in our cabin stating where/when & what was to be served & when we questioned this at the Pursers desk they didn't have an answer ...yet no card ever appeared. No big deal, but a first for us, & we managed to find the location just fine:rolleyes:.

Jan

From what the OP said in the previous post, the only drink I would be half way interested in was the Margaritia. I think the nap until 7 is sounding better and better.:)
I discovered the Brezza Marina last month. LOVE it! That's going to be my drink of choice in the future. It's like a lemon drop martini but (I believe) made with gin and isn't as sweet.

I am always surprised how sparse the attendance is at these very nice gatherings. Most nights there are maybe 6 couples the whole time we are there. Last cruise we didn't get the card in our cabin stating where/when & what was to be served & when we questioned this at the Pursers desk they didn't have an answer ...yet no card ever appeared. No big deal, but a first for us, & we managed to find the location just fine:rolleyes:.
Last January, every table in the Platinum/Elite area was taken every night until a group of about 8 - 10 people got there very early and drank often, were loud and obnoxious, shouting, screaming (honking with laughter), talking loudly about people in the room, and being a total nuisance. Once they settled in for a day or two, people would walk in, take in the sound level, and leave. Within a few days, only this group was left. The Captain's Circle and CD staff refused to do anything about them. We went in to get some shrimp or other appetizers and sat around the corner so it wasn't as loud and we could actually have a conversation. We refused to sit there because we didn't want to be made fun of or listen to them. The staff had no problem with that as they had to listen to it, too.

This is suppose to be a perk for people who cruise alot. I wish they would start checking. It's nice when it isn't very crowded - it's nice to be able to hear what people are talking about.
Normally, I agree with you but, for instance, we (my sister and I) are cruising in January with my daughter and my sister's two sons. Both my sister and I are Elite, my daughter is Platinum and one cruise away from Elite, one of my nephews will be Platinum on this cruise. My other nephew is one away from Platinum. Should he be left out or we have to go elsewhere because he wouldn't be allowed in?

This is suppose to be a perk for people who cruise alot. I wish they would start checking. It's nice when it isn't very crowded - it's nice to be able to hear what people are talking about.

I agree that they should check everyone at the door.... But I do want the ability to bring my date with me.

"Sorry honey, this is a private party and YOU are not invited... see you in the room later".... Somehow that is not very "love boat" to me.

So, IMHO, it should be Platinum/Elite/Suite and date/guest. Not to exceed one date/guest per qualified member.

I would suggest that you check with Passenger Services or the Captain's Circle coordinator on your cruise

when we questioned this at the Pursers desk they didn't have an answer ...

I suggest that the CC representative would be the proper person to ask. The Purser's desk personnel are not always familiar with this elite/platinum/suite benefit.

Normally, I agree with you but, for instance, we (my sister and I) are cruising in January with my daughter and my sister's two sons. Both my sister and I are Elite, my daughter is Platinum and one cruise away from Elite, one of my nephews will be Platinum on this cruise. My other nephew is one away from Platinum. Should he be left out or we have to go elsewhere because he wouldn't be allowed in?

Pam...don't they also allow you to bring a guest to the Captain's most traveled party?

I've only been once but seem to recall that was the case. If so, then if it's okay for this more exlusive party then why not the nightly Skywalkers Elite/Plat/Suite party? We rarely attend before late traditional dinner but have read that it's rarely crowded.

Archived