Crown Princess just back

Lotsacruising

We just got off the crown princess western caribbean cruise yesterday.

For the most part it was wondeful. The staff was outstanding, the entertainment quite good. I found the food to be for the most part, just okay.

A few observations....

The cruise director was the most visible I have ever seen in my 102 cruises, quite impressive.

Some rude people on scooters did not feel that politeness applied to them. One woman liked to sneak up on people and blast a horn quite rude.

The piazza is still my favorite spot to have a cup of coffee, a snack, people watch and read my kindle.

Guest relations staff were extremely helpful contrary to what I had heard.

The ship is beautiful and is in excellent condition.

Any questions, please ask:o

So glad to hear this. We board her in less than 2 weeks. Taking our folks, and it'll be my parents' first cruise ever. Glad to hear the entertainment is good, as well. I know my mom will want to see the shows. Thanks for the info, and welcome home (or should I offer my condolences instead?) ;)

p.s. -- speaking of shows, could you possibly confirm when the shows in the Princess Theater are each night? We were just on the Ruby and they were at 8:30 and 10:30. I assume they'll be the same on the Crown, but ya never know. We have Anytime dining and want to make sure we scheduled dinner around the shows for my folks. Thanks for any info you may have.

My husband and I were on the same cruise. Yep, know what you mean about scooter lady. We'd always hear the "Beep,beep,Beep beep" of her horn and wondered if she would actually run into you if you didn't move out of her way. :)

Thank you for the information, we will be sailing on 12/11 and were wondering if they had the "Happy Hour" each evening for platinum and elite passengers, and if they did where it was held and were different appetizers as well as drinks offered each evening? I appreciate your response.

We sailed on the 10/30 voyage, and yes, the elite lounge was up in Skywalker's from 5-7 each evening, except the evening of the Captain's Circle parties. There are featured drinks and different appetizers each evening.

My husband and I were on the same cruise. Yep, know what you mean about scooter lady. We'd always hear the "Beep,beep,Beep beep" of her horn and wondered if she would actually run into you if you didn't move out of her way. :)

Maybe I'm just "weird", but I probably would have turned around and told her that I don't respond to "beep beep beep", but if she would say a pleasant "excuse me", I'd be more than happy to get out of her way (if it was feasible).

we were on the same cruise and agree it was great. all the singers and dancers in the production shows were excellent, broadway caliber. wasnt overthrilled with the illusionist or the comedian. never did see the scooter lady or hear her. there was a small glitch is disembarking as the alloted times were running about 30 minutes late to get off. all in all great cruise.

We just got off the crown princess western caribbean cruise yesterday.

For the most part it was wondeful. The staff was outstanding, the entertainment quite good. I found the food to be for the most part, just okay.

A few observations....

The cruise director was the most visible I have ever seen in my 102 cruises, quite impressive.

Some rude people on scooters did not feel that politeness applied to them. One woman liked to sneak up on people and blast a horn quite rude.

The piazza is still my favorite spot to have a cup of coffee, a snack, people watch and read my kindle.

Guest relations staff were extremely helpful contrary to what I had heard.

The ship is beautiful and is in excellent condition.

Any questions, please ask:o

Thanks. We have 2 more booked on Crown so it is nice to hear

some positive reviews.

Maybe I'm just "weird", but I probably would have turned around and told her that I don't respond to "beep beep beep", but if she would say a pleasant "excuse me", I'd be more than happy to get out of her way (if it was feasible).

No you're not weird. I would have been right there with you! :D

Being in a scooter doesn't excuse her rudeness.

wondering who the CD was - we are sailing 02/11 - will it be the same one?

We just got off the Crown yesterday as well. The cruise director was a fellow named Ron Goodman. He was very nice and approachable. Didn't see the scooter lady, but there was one particularly combative Cruise Critic member who seemed to not like Princess very much, comparing it negatively to other lines quite vehemently. Made us wonder why they were on our ship if they liked others so much more...

had a wonderful time. i was on the crown in sept and the food wasn't good. this time it was much better.

we were on anytime dining and we were a family of 8 i called each morning around 9 and asked for a table for 8 the times i was given were 5:30 5:45 OR 7:30 had no trouble at all. no wait at all. liked a waiter and asked for him each time got him 3 times. so that was pretty good.

we were really lucky with weather. only a bit of rain in the afternoon at cozumel. just had a fabulous time. more than pleased.

We just got off the Crown yesterday as well. The cruise director was a fellow named Ron Goodman. He was very nice and approachable. Didn't see the scooter lady, but there was one particularly combative Cruise Critic member who seemed to not like Princess very much, comparing it negatively to other lines quite vehemently. Made us wonder why they were on our ship if they liked others so much more...

Agree with BlueCat1105. He was a bit over the top with Ron Goodman who was good enough to show up at our Meet and Greet.

My thoughts: No sighting of the scooter lady but I did see others, could have been one of them.

Anytime Dining was fine for us. We used it four times and had a reservation three times and the other time we walked up and were seated right away. Had to share a table only twice. Horizon two nights and Sabbitini's one night - excellent and worth the extra cost ($20/pp).

The shows were good and I am not a song and dance type of person. The main shows were at 8:30 and 10:30 and on two nights at 7:00 and 9:00 on Monday and one other night.

The staff was great. No problems whatsoever.

Weather was mostly good and not out of the ordinary. It was very muggy in Roatan.

If I think of something else, I'll post.

Archived