Bathrobes in Cabins?

Hi All,

My parents are sailing on Independance on the 21st December. They have a standard balcony cabin and Mum was wondering if bathrobes were provided? There is no mention of them being provided in the RCI brochure so I am assuming they are not provided but just thought I would check.

Thanks in advance

Happy Cruising:)

Hi All,

My parents are sailing on Independance on the 21st December. They have a standard balcony cabin and Mum was wondering if bathrobes were provided? There is no mention of them being provided in the RCI brochure so I am assuming they are not provided but just thought I would check.

Thanks in advance

Happy Cruising:)

Diamond Plus members get the use of robes on every cruise. They are in the cabin when you arrive and you leave them in the cabin at the end of the cruise.

If this is your parents first cruise with RCCL they will not receive robes.

Bathrobes are only provided in suites or above. They are also provided when you reach platinum in the captains club

You've got your cruise lines mixed up.:D Captain's Club belongs to Celebrity. You would be Platinum in Crown & Anchor Society which is RCI's loyalty program.

Ask your cabin steward for robes. You'll most likely get them.

However, that's not a promise, so IF robes are an absolute make-or-break item for you, bring your own.

Or sail on Carnival where bathrobes are plentiful.

Because no one has asked... Why wear a robe in the first place? :)

For the same reasons people wear them at home or when staying at a hotel or a resort. Not sure why this question would even cross anyone's mind.:confused: Besides we are talking about RCI so the correct answer is "Why Not?":D

Because no one has asked... Why wear a robe in the first place? :)

My thoughts too. On a caribbean cruise in the winter all I want is shorts and a tee shirt:D We're platinum and they put nice big robes in our room last year. We gave them back to the steward - they took up too much room in the closet:)

My thoughts too. On a caribbean cruise in the winter all I want is shorts and a tee shirt:D We're platinum and they put nice big robes in our room last year. We gave them back to the steward - they took up too much room in the closet:)

But this isn't the Caribbean - it's the Bay of Biscay in December :eek: They'll need as many warm clothes as they can pack! Those towelling dressing gowns will provide another layer!

I am just off the Monarch yesterday. Was in a suite and we are Platinum. There was only one robe in the closet when we checked in. I did not ask for the second for the DH, but will ask for one on my next Jewel cruise, as he was bummed out towards the end he did not have one. We love tossing them on to run out on the balcony at night or early morning.

And it was 30 degrees when we came into port on Monday. :eek:

We've been on many Caribbean cruises when I have slept in those robes and been grateful for them. It was warm and toasty outside, but they keep those ships too cold for my tastes. We usually crank the heat up and are still cold. FYI - live in hot, hot Houston but keep our AC at 80. It feels cold when the temp is 15-20 degrees higher outside in the summer.

Archived