Our first lady's vintage dress for the Christmas concert... what do you think?

Bunti

Michelle Obama chose a lovely 1950's Norman Norell dress to wear for the "Christmas in Washington" concert which will be on TV tonight. People posted a pic and short article.

I LOVE it!! Although I would have liked to see red or sparkly shoes. I am short and not much of a waist, so I couldn't wear it, but the dress is a grown up ballerina style that I dreamed of as a child.

Here is the link. Opinions, ladies? I would love something reminiscent of this for a truly formal night.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2010/12/17/michelle-obama-makes-history-in-vintage-norman-norell-dress/

Michelle Obama chose a lovely 1950's Norman Norell dress to wear for the "Christmas in Washington" concert which will be on TV tonight. People posted a pic and short article.

I LOVE it!! Although I would have liked to see red or sparkly shoes. I am short and not much of a waist, so I couldn't wear it, but the dress is a grown up ballerina style that I dreamed of as a child.

Here is the link. Opinions, ladies? I would love something reminiscent of this for a truly formal night.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2010/12/17/michelle-obama-makes-history-in-vintage-norman-norell-dress/

The dress is beautiful, and her whole outfit looks great on her, but I do agree that maybe some silver shoes would have been even better :)

Hi Bunti, good to see you.:)

I think she looks lovely. I wonder if my local newspaper is wrong

because it says The Wizard of Oz is being televised on TNT tonite....

over and over again.

The dress itself is ok, but it looks horrid on her. So far, her clothing choices for her body have not been the best, IMO! I wonder if she has a stylist or if she dresses herself....if it's a stylist, they should be fired! Hopefully, it not a case of our tax dollars at work!

I like the dress on her..it doesn't scream "Look at me!!" like her other ones do.

I think she dresses better than she used to..before she was first lady,she dressed average and looked average like the rest of us. She does overdo it on the botox, though..when she did the commercials for the Red Cross for Haiti earthquake her forehead was really frozen!

The dress itself is ok, but it looks horrid on her. So far, her clothing choices for her body have not been the best, IMO! I wonder if she has a stylist or if she dresses herself....if it's a stylist, they should be fired! Hopefully, it not a case of our tax dollars at work!

Not a good choice for her..she is too hippy for that kind of skirt.

Who is the woman next to her? That dress is horrid..looks like someone ripped a "vintage" table cloth off of the dining room table and swathed her in it.:eek:

It's her mother, Marian.

The First Lady's dress is a timeless style which I would wear in a heartbeat. However, I might want the fullness of the skirt reduced a bit.

The black shoes look nice with it, but metalics would give it some punch.

First Grandma's dress is ok. She just needs a bra with better lift.

Archived