Attractive???

Mary Ellen

Reading a secondhand review someone posted on one of the forums about a cruise friends had recently taken, this couple was described as "very sophisticated, middle-aged, attractive, well traveled professional people". I can understand how someone could feel that a cruiser's age, travel experience, and level of sophistication having some impact on their review, but attractiveness??? Does someone's attractiveness have an impact on their ability to express their experiences? Or, are there cruise lines that only accept "attractive" people - and who decides if the passengers meet this criteria? Does the crew not treat all passengers the same?

Does the crew not treat all passengers the same?

For the most part I agreed with your post until you got to this part. Sorry, but in the real world people are treated differently based on race,creed, and attractiveness. Should it be this way? No Is it this way in the real world? Yes

I don't get treated the same way as George Clooney or Brad Pitt would. :eek:

Reading a secondhand review someone posted on one of the forums about a cruise friends had recently taken, this couple was described as "very sophisticated, middle-aged, attractive, well traveled professional people". I can understand how someone could feel that a cruiser's age, travel experience, and level of sophistication having some impact on their review, but attractiveness??? Does someone's attractiveness have an impact on their ability to express their experiences? Or, are there cruise lines that only accept "attractive" people - and who decides if the passengers meet this criteria? Does the crew not treat all passengers the same?

My wife and I are very attractive...we both have a mystical green hue about us that seems to eminate from our wallets. :D:D

That's funny...it actually reminds me of the family we were seated with on our first cruise. They constantly went on and on about how "perfect" they were and how perfect and cute their kids were. By the end of the cruise I really just wanted to tell them to stop talking.

There have actually been studies done that concluded that people look like they are nicer if they have lipstick on. I sure know that I get treated better when I am dressed up at the grocery store compared to when I run in with my sweats on. Never thought of it before but maybe the statement is not as out there as it first appears.

I enjoyed reading the second-hand review you referenced.

And I certainly didn't even consider the adjective you

are concerned about . Are you, perhaps,

being a bit picky about one word? After reading

numerous reviews from that cruiser - I truly doubt

it was meant as you took it.

Attractive can refer to many things

1- Physically looking good.

2- Personality. Friendly, warm, giving etc

3- Their entire package. Intellect, travels, how they carry themselves. Can be confused with number 2, but this one kind of sums up everything.

So you sir, can be taking the wrong definition of attractiveness when you look at the statement.

Happens to the best of us. Good day all!

Sorry, but in the real world people are treated differently based on race,creed, and attractiveness. Should it be this way? No Is it this way in the real world? Yes
We've been cruising for over 30 years. I've never noticed any differences in how different passengers are treated by the crew.

Attractiveness just an aspect that hadn't even entered the realm of possibility as to pertinence of a review any more than the color of the car (if any) that one drives. I was wondering if I was missing something.

Just watched the movie The Social Network last night and somehow this thread reminds me of the scene near the beginning when the main character started up a website to rate female students.

For the record, I just don't get the relevance of someone's appearance in whether I should read their review or not.

Seeing we have lots of opinions, maybe some would like to read about what they are writing opinions. ;) Just for the fun of it........ :D

Here is the post: (How many actually read it before they voiced an opinion? :confused: I would have included the whole post had I been the OP but that is just me. The context could be useful. ;)

I received a call from our good friends this morning while they waited at FLL airport after disembarking Zuiderdam.

These are very sophisticated, middle-aged, attractive, well traveled professional people. They began sailing HAL because of our recommendations some years ago and sailed a Rotterdam New Year's Cruise with us as their first HAL cruise. They have since sailed with us on Maasdam and later on their own they sailed Noordam. They loved all their HAL cruises and urged us to book this Zuiderdam Panama Canal cruise with them.

We have done the ten day FLL round trip Panama Canal transit cruise about 4-5 times and positively love it and would have joined them but that we are booked for a Noordam cruise soon.

They do not come to the message boards so I'll post their comments if anyone is interested what they had to say.

They said the crew was outstanding and they had great service throughout but particularly they mentioned their dining team (upper level Main Traditional Dining), the Lido crew got high praise as did the ice cream server.

They enjoyed the shows and said there was a Trinidad Steel Band aboard that was outstanding. For them to have raved about them so much with me while at the airport, I know they had to be outstanding. The lady in this couple cannot stand horridly loud music (same as me) so they must have played at a comfortable sound level so all could enjoy.

They loved the day of the transit and found the whole experience so fascinating. They said HAL did it great and I agree the times we did that cruise, it's terrific.

They thought the food was good to very good on the whole and I was surprised they enjoyed Caneletto far more than I would have expected of them..... I know their personal style and tastes. But the DH in the couple really liked his dinners there.

Pinnacle breakfast for suites was great and they also said they enjoyed Indonesian Suite lunch.

Sorry for the 'second hand' comments but these are very dependable, reliable people and I value their comments so thought them worthy of passing along.

If you're booked for this cruise, look forward to it. Sounds like you'll have a great time.

Seeing we have lots of opinions, maybe some would like to read about what they are writing opinions. ;) Just for the fun of it........ :D

Here is the post: (How many actually read it before they voiced an opinion? :confused: I would have included the whole post had I been the OP but that is just me. The context could be useful. ;)

I read the context, and still didn't get how "attractive" was relevant. The other adjectives - yes, they added context.

That's funny...it actually reminds me of the family we were seated with on our first cruise. They constantly went on and on about how "perfect" they were and how perfect and cute their kids were. By the end of the cruise I really just wanted to tell them to stop talking.

It took that long?:rolleyes:

Archived