Can one purchase more than one future cruise credit?

psbhappy

I just got off the Emerald yesterday. On the second to last day, I purchased 2 future credits for both of us in my cabin. There was no clear way to mark how many credits to purchase. I wrote down 2 per person with "4 total" written afterwards. I checked my account and it only shows 1 credit for me and 1 for my friend. I also appears I was only charged for 2 credits total. Was there a mistake? How does one have more than one on balance? I have been buying one every year and using it for my February cruises in the past. I was thinking I would like to use two credits for back to back cruises next year or for February cruise and then Alaska next summer.

I called Princess and it shows only one. I was told to call back on Monday. I had a feeling I should have asked the reception desk to photocopy the form for me before I dropped it in the box. Now, I have no way of proving I requested two per person. (I am supposed to get a confirmation email soon). Any thoughts? Thanks so much.

They made a mistake. You can buy as many as you want. We bought 6 on our last cruise. Tell Princess when you call Monday that the rep on the ship made an error and if they can get the original paperwork that you gave to the rep on the ship.

They made a mistake. You can buy as many as you want. We bought 6 on our last cruise. Tell Princess when you call Monday that the rep on the ship made an error and if they can get the original paperwork that you gave to the rep on the ship.

When you bought six, did you use only one form for both of you and

indicate you wanted six, or did you use a separate form for each

indicating that you wanted 3 each, or did you have to use separate

forms for each?

We always fill out the form and never actually speak with the rep onboard,

so that is why I am asking. We've never bought more than 2 at a time.

When you bought six, did you use only one form for both of you and

indicate you wanted six, or did you use a separate form for each

indicating that you wanted 3 each, or did you have to use separate

forms for each?

We always fill out the form and never actually speak with the rep onboard,

so that is why I am asking. We've never bought more than 2 at a time.

I think one form and I make sure to do it in person. That way there is no confusion..

Yes, you can purchase multiple FCCs & use 1 per booking. The 1st few times I purchased them there was no mention about being able to purchase multiple FCCs. During a presentatation about future cruises, it was mentioned that it was possible to purchase more than one. I wished it had been mentioned before because we lost $150/pp OBC by not having more than one. So now we have several in our account in case we see a great deal pop up & only need the $100 for our deposit & some OBC.

I think one form and I make sure to do it in person. That way there is no confusion..

This works great if you have a responsive and well versed person in the FCC department on board. We did not on the Sapphire and had to call Princess and speak with Customer Service..who I must say was very responsive and took care of the problem for all of us on the Feb. 12 cruise. Kudos to Princess Customer Service Department!!!

This works great if you have a responsive and well versed person in the FCC department on board. We did not on the Sapphire and had to call Princess and speak with Customer Service..who I must say was very responsive and took care of the problem for all of us on the Feb. 12 cruise. Kudos to Princess Customer Service Department!!!

Having read those earlier posts about the problems on the Sapphine, it's good to know that Princess treated you fairly. We're sailing the Sapphire in May and hope it's truly been fixed because we need to 'resupply' our FCC accounts for future bookings. :D

Ironically - I had the guy who was causing the problems on the Sapphire handle my 2 future cruise deposits on one form and he did it properly. Go figure.

Since the future cruise consultant always seems to have a line out the door,I use different forms for each FCC.I think some people just hang around the office for something to do.Sometimes when I am on the computer I will see people sitting in the office for hours.

Give Princess a call and I'm sure they will sort this out for you. In the future, you may want to print out your folio prior to disembarking. I always check this prior to departing the ship.

The future cruise deposits do not show up on your onboard account ... they are billed separately and directly to your credit card.

Thanks for all the advice. I called Princes today and the problem was fixed. I was told there were a few others on the Emerald that had similar problems. I believe the Future Cruise Consultant was at the end of her contract. In any event, the person I spoke to at Princess fixed the mistake and could not have been nicer. Great service today!

We just disembarked the Emerald 3 weeks ago and bought 10 FCCs each ($2000) using one form. I wrote 10 x 2 = $2000 on the form and Renee handled them correctly. We never did receive our requested email confirmation, but they appeared in our CC Circle Savings account within 24 hours.

Great idea except they never appear on your onboard account! You have to check your bank credit card account.

Most credit cards can be accessed on line. When a charge is made it normally shows up immediately as a pending transaction. It does on the mastercard that I use. Strange, though, it takes one or two billing periods for a credit to show up???

I am amazed at how much information I am getting off this site :)

So in addition to the FCC??? I was wondering can you only put $100 down for them or can you put more $$ down???

No, you cannot, not at the time of purchasing the FCC. I'm not sure why you'd want to; it doesn't gain you any additional OBC. If you'd like, when you actually apply the FCC to deposit on a specific cruise, you can deposit more money at that time, if it's a matter of even-ing out paying for a cruise.

We've used many FCCs in the past and now I'm out of them. Bummer.

Q. Is it necessary to purchase them under separate names? IE: can I buy 6 in my name only and use one each (per sailing) for myself and DH?

Q. Is it necessary to purchase them under separate names? IE: can I buy 6 in my name only and use one each (per sailing) for myself and DH?

The FCC has to be in the name of the one sailing and also the one sailing has to be on the ship when you are purchasing the FCC.

That is the way it used to be, but it changed about two years go to what the following post correctly says.

The FCC has to be in the name of the one sailing and also the one sailing has to be on the ship when you are purchasing the FCC.

Archived