Elite member "webinar" event

Sandy R

Just received an e-mail invitation... to join Princess for an exclusive Elite members only "webinar" event the end of March. Who else received this e-mail? Anyone ever participate in a "webinar" event? Sounds interesting so I registered.

Did you get an email or something in snail mail. Haven't gotten anything as yet:(

Checked the mail---no invitation

Nancy:D

I've read other posts about emails from Princess which I eventually received after others...could it have gone into a junk mail folder? :confused:

Here is some info:

You've sailed with Princess enough times to know each year brings amazing new adventures, and with more than 150 unique itineraries visiting 300 destinations for 20122013, we have plenty of exciting news to share! So please join us for an exclusive webinar on Thursday, March 31 at Noon EDT/9AM PDT.

This interactive webinar is reserved only for Captain's Circle Elite Members like you. But space is extremely limited only the first 1,000 to register will be able to take advantage of this exclusive Member benefit. So don't delay, register today!

This 60-minute presentation will cover all the key highlights from nearly 600 voyages we have in store worldwide for 20122013, complete with maps and itinerary details. You'll hear insightful commentary from Princess experts and can ask them questions and get real-time answers!

Enjoy this engaging presentation conveniently on your computer at home, the office or wherever you can go online. Just register online and you'll receive an email with a link to the webinar and details for logging on. We'll even send you a reminder email so you don't miss this great loyalty Member perk!

What you will learn:

20122013 Cruises and Cruisetours Returning favorites, new itineraries and signature features that make Princess the best cruise vacation value

Launch Savings A great incentive for you to book early

Early Booking Advantages Enjoy the best availablilty and cabin selection -- lock in a great fare!

Elite Members Benefits Take advantage of all the great rewards reserved for our most loyal passengers

Hi All

I wonder if they will do anything like this for UK folks.

yours shogun

I don't see why it would be limited to the US...it's on the internet but maybe so. :confused:

Reading the description from their email, it looks like it's many of the things that have already been discussed on CC threads about their recently released 2012/2013 itineraries. I decided to register just in case there's something new to learn...I'm always looking to learn something new about cruising & it's why I participate on CC! :D

Hi Astro flyer

The internet is part of the problem, often if I try and log into Princess US

I can get some pages as soon as I go for Prices etc it kicks me out

or sents me to Princess UK.

Even here in the UK my DW computer at work has IT support from Finland

as such if she tries to log on to Princess UK it kicks her out thinking she is in Finland, even when we have a cruise booked she can not access it.

yours Shogun

I wonder if the software allows you to see who's in the "audience". When I've gone to web events before, I've liked to sit in the back row. :)

I've never participated in one of these web events...could you briefly share what to expect?

I've never participated in one of these web events...could you briefly share what to expect?
Every software is different and I'm unfamiliar with the one Princess is using.

What I would expect is that when you enter the webinar, you'll "see" who is "on stage" and they are the ones doing the talking (typing, most likely macros.) Who is in the audience will most likely be "muted". Some software allows you to see the "rows" and even list who is in each row. They can also allow those in the row to talk among themselves; those "on stage" don't see the chatter. I'm guessing that these options will be disabled and you'll see only what they want you to see. I don't know whether they will enable the ability to ask questions from the audience.

(Yes, I used to create and run events like this for a major online Internet company, but it's been years.)

I'm registered too!!! Would love some clues on how this mode of communication and information works before it gets started. Anyone familiar with this care to inform me/us?

Thanks bunches!

P.S. Wrote myself a note and posted it on my computer and in my calendar so as not to forget..March 31 at 7AM

Every software is different and I'm unfamiliar with the one Princess is using.

What I would expect is that when you enter the webinar, you'll "see" who is "on stage" and they are the ones doing the talking (typing, most likely macros.) Who is in the audience will most likely be "muted". Some software allows you to see the "rows" and even list who is in each row. They can also allow those in the row to talk among themselves; those "on stage" don't see the chatter. I'm guessing that these options will be disabled and you'll see only what they want you to see. I don't know whether they will enable the ability to ask questions from the audience.

(Yes, I used to create and run events like this for a major online Internet company, but it's been years.)

Thanks for your insights on what's possible...particularly from an expert on such things.

After registering, it asked if I wanted to set up my computer for the webinair but didn't do it on my netbook. I'll try to get it set up on my desktop before the event because it's wired to my internet highspeed modem & much faster than my netbook.

Archived