Mariner Medallions

Spender Nui

Absolutely. I keep it packed in the carry-on so I never forget it. On the morning of the Mariners' Party I put it out on the desk so I'll remember to wear it to the party. Even coordinate my jewelry for the occasion.!

I do remove it on the way to the lunch.

The only time I don't wear it to the Mariners' Party is when I going to get a new medallion! :)

We do. On our last cruise (10 day), we were the only ones with them on :-(

Ruth: I think you are on our North Cape cruise. Glad you will have your medallion on!

Why don't you join our Roll Call?

Absolutely! Where else would we wear them, anyways!!?? Most expensive jewellery we have! Nice idea, Ruth, about coordinating with your jewellry! I just try to wear a top that looks good with the blue band.

Usually a few also wear theirs. One lady told me that she would have worn hers, but on her last cruise, they said weren't doing medallions any more.

We love to see people receive their medallions! The Explorer's Lounge party is usually done very well and a pleasure to attend.

Absolutely! Where else would we wear them, anyways!!?? Most expensive jewellery we have! Nice idea, Ruth, about coordinating with your jewellry! I just try to wear a top that looks good with the blue band.

Usually a few also wear theirs. One lady told me that she would have worn hers, but on her last cruise, they said weren't doing medallions any more.

We love to see people receive their medallions! The Explorer's Lounge party is usually done very well and a pleasure to attend.

They were still giving them out last month on the NA. My husband and I received our 100 day ones at the Mariners' Party.

They were still giving them out last month on the NA. My husband and I received our 100 day ones at the Mariners' Party.

Congratulations on your Copper!

On the Zaandam they awarded some medallions, too. It seems that some ships do and some don't.

Oh, I'm happy for you! Isn't it nice to have your 15 seconds of fame. ;)

Congratulations Sapper1 - happy for you - hope you got the pic too :D

Hope you enjoyed the celebration - and keep those medallions under lock and key - they are worth a lot of money (or money spent) you know ;)

We too wear ours to any Mariner function onboard. We have the 100 day copper and are 3 Star Mariners and are looking forward to receiving the 4 Star on our upcoming Hawaii cruise in October. We will surpass 200 days in August on a Bermuda cruise. Never thought we would make 200 but now that I am retired, and we both love crusing, we're shooting for 500.

Mike

Congratulations Sapper1 - happy for you - hope you got the pic too :D

Hope you enjoyed the celebration - and keep those medallions under lock and key - they are worth a lot of money (or money spent) you know ;)

When we got the invitation I asked my husband if he was interested in going to the ceremony and he said "with what they have cost us the least we can do is pick them up!"---so we went. Someone said the picture would be delivered to our cabin, but it wasn't. Maybe someone will mail it.

Mine hasn't seen the light of day since I got it. I didn't even show up to "the presentation" of it. It's totally meaningless to me.

Hi there, you don't wear them, why not ...that's how you got the free laundry.....lol.

Joyce and I miss having a chat with you like we did on the lido aft deck last month. Back to too much reality...darn.

Love reading your comments...never a dull moment, right?

Hi there, you don't wear them, why not ...that's how you got the free laundry.....lol.

Joyce and I miss having a chat with you like we did on the lido aft deck last month. Back to too much reality...darn.

Love reading your comments...never a dull moment, right?

I miss you guys too! When are we going to go again? Next fall? I'll wear my medal just for you:D. By the way...reality bites:p;):D.

I miss you guys too! When are we going to go again? Next fall? I'll wear my medal just for you:D. By the way...reality bites:p;):D.

You probably have better words for it than "reality bites"??????

Joyce says dinner tonight does not meet even meet Lido standards. Cooking for ourselves is tough.

Not sure what cruise we are going to do next, but am looking at some brochures that came in the mail today from HAL. Remember I am still working...darn.

Rick

You probably have better words for it than "reality bites"??????

Joyce says dinner tonight does not meet even meet Lido standards. Cooking for ourselves is tough.

Not sure what cruise we are going to do next, but am looking at some brochures that came in the mail today from HAL. Remember I am still working...darn.

Rick

I managed to cook a pretty decent meal tonight. My first in a couple of weeks. Hey.....I'm working too. Trying to fit cruises around work is hard. The way I spend I'll still be working at 80! I do have better words for reality bites;).

To the OP - sorry for the thread drift.

When we got the invitation I asked my husband if he was interested in going to the ceremony and he said "with what they have cost us the least we can do is pick them up!"---so we went. Someone said the picture would be delivered to our cabin, but it wasn't. Maybe someone will mail it.

What a shame you didn't get it. I don't know if they mail them or not - I hope so:rolleyes:

Just be glad you even received them on board! We passed 100 days on our last cruise, and even communicated with HAL HQ to make sure they would have medallions for us. After the Mariner event we checked with the Neptune Lounge, and they said they'd look into it. A couple of days later some nondescript boxes were left in our cabin--yup, they were the medallions. What an impressive way to thank us for our loyalty... :rolleyes:

Just be glad you even received them on board! We passed 100 days on our last cruise, and even communicated with HAL HQ to make sure they would have medallions for us. After the Mariner event we checked with the Neptune Lounge, and they said they'd look into it. A couple of days later some nondescript boxes were left in our cabin--yup, they were the medallions. What an impressive way to thank us for our loyalty... :rolleyes:

Get used to it. HAL doesn't seem to value their mariners enough to give decent rates for single supps and I have a LOT more days then you do.

Archived