We are sailing on Solstice. If you've been can we have your top tips?

orangesunset

You know how it is .....we all get towards the end of the holiday and think.....oh I wish I had discovered that earlier.

Have you any top tips that I can find out about at the beginning of my holiday.

Thanks in advance for any advice!:)

The inside Aqua Spa Pool area is great. Free, adult and great sitting areas around it. Large cabana type with covers for privacy.

The Bistro on 5 is very good. Crepes, panini's, and salads. Relatively light fare. $5pp (mainly for service) for all you can eat. Wine and beers avail. Great place to go on embarkation lunch and miss the Buffet crowd.

Wine Masters was neat - lots of fine wines by the glass.

The iced Martini Bar was pretty crowded most of the time so didn't use it much.

I'll stop there and let others chime in. I'll end up listing every venue on the ship! I bet you can't tell Solstice is our favorite.

enjoy!

Den

The martini bar and the Molecular bar are sooooo good! I can't wait to get back to the Molecular bar!

Don't go anywhere near the Sunset Bar... horrible space... It's so popular nobody goes there anymore!:D

Agree that the Aqua Spa is a great pool... although maybe you shouldn't go there either.

Solstice is my most favorite ship ever!!! Everything but that Sunset Bar:D Hopefully they've saved all my mail that I had forwarded there earlier this year.

You know how it is .....we all get towards the end of the holiday and think.....oh I wish I had discovered that earlier.

Have you any top tips that I can find out about at the beginning of my holiday.

Thanks in advance for any advice!:)

Don't miss the Hot Glass Show. We have been many times and just love it.

Carole

Agree about the Aqua Spa and would recommend trying as many specialty restaurants as possible.

I agree on the specialty restaurants! On some cruises we did them multiple times....Tuscan Grill and Murano. Fabulous and worth the "up charge"! If you are into Martinis, then the Martini Bar is a must!!!!! For peace and quiet, the Library is wonderful!

Don't miss the Hot Glass Show. We have been many times and just love it.

Carole

My tips go to the staff.:D However, the hot glass show is worth spending a couple of hours. Not that it lasts that long, but if you would like to sit while watching it, you'll need to arrive 35 minutes prior to start. Bring a good book and read while waiting. The seats tend to fill up about 25 minutes prior to the show.

Make sure to eat at the Aqua Spa Cafe, very good light healthier lunch options located in the spa/solarium area

Molecular bar is a must, it was so quiet in there every night because no one knew about it! On your deck plan it is listed as "galleria tastings" not molecular bar - try the lucky cat and coming up roses!

Head up to the lawn area, there is a great bar aft on the lawn, take your drink and hang out on a sunny grassy spot.

Try at least one specialty restaraunt, my favorite is Tuscan Grille, Murano's gets very high reviews and I would love to try that one too!

Have a great cruise!

One night they have a picnic on the lawn on the top of the ship. They have a band playing they put blankets down and serve cheese and crackers. Very nice. Go early to the Martini bar they put on a great show along with some great martinis.

Sky Lounge is a great place during the day to sit, read or just watch the ocean.

Murano, Tuscan Grille and Silk Harvest well worth the extra price - and if you book all three - a discount!

Check out the enrichment series - great lectures.

Read your CelebrityToday - always something going on - follow the 'roaming musicians - happy hour details - so much to do, so little time!

Enjoy!!!

Find out when the last glass show will be and plan on going to that one. We always head about an hour into it and the crowd is less and the pieces they raffle off are more. Well, at leasst on our cruises early this andl last year. Seems more people try to hit the glass shows early in the cruise.

Find the ANTS!!!!

Your name is perfect for the picture under YOW signature. Check out his pictures of the Solstice.

http://globaltraveller.smugmug.com/Ships/CelebritySOLSTICE/15608851_QbhKk#1173451660_Eg7SV

Loved the Solstice. CJ

Those 102 pictures are awesome. WOW!!! You can tell these are done by a really good professional photographer. They blow away anything else I have seen on the Solstice. They really show the details and quality depth for how things have been done on this ship. Really, really great series of ship details, etc.

Great tips and ideas on this posting. Getting ready to leave in just a week for our first trip with Celebrity. On the Solstice from Barcelona, June 7-19, visiting Villefranche, Cinque Terre (through Laspezia port), Rome, Naples (for Ravello, Amalfi coast, Herculaneum), Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Looking to soak up all of these details and info items. Any other super suggestions? Keep the wonderful suggestions rolling along. Very helpful.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our last July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now at 42,100 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Since this thread has been so super and helpful with such great added info, here are a few more:

1. Was there any jazz music offered on the ship? Where? Its quality?

2. Do they have any good or decent or maybe better snack mixes, nuts, chips offered/provided in the bar areas? Complimentary or an added cost?

3. Do most of the bars provide ice tea without added cost or is everything there at the bars only at added cost?

4. Without doing the added cost at the Café al Bacio & Gelateria (am I correct that all of these items here are extra?), what are the options for ice cream, cookies, etc., during the non-dining hours on the ship (other than room service)?

Appreciate the great efforts and background for a first-timer. Keep it flowing as we are just a week away from our first sailing with Celebrity.

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our last July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now at 42,140 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Don't dive off the balcony. It may look tempting but it is difficult to get back on the ship. :rolleyes:

The best is to just find out for yourself. It will make it more interesting and you may find something that you like instead of chasing around trying to do something that someone else likes. Take a high lighter and go thru the daily paper marking what seems interesting. Then fill in the rest of the time exploring the ship.

Apart from the night club is there much dancing (ballroom/latin) to be had each evening and where does it take place.

Thanks

The main foyer area, next to the Passport Bar, has a dance floor that is often crowded. LOTS of dancing done there if the right group is playing.

There is a Mr whippy soft serve machine at the outside grill bar,open all day.

The sprinkles for the ice cream bar in the buffet were popular even served by the cup full,looked like MnMs aqnd smarties ;);)

Since this thread has been so super and helpful with such great added info, here are a few more:

1. Was there any jazz music offered on the ship? Where? Its quality? There is good quality music that moves around the ship. Usually there are 4 or 5 groups on board doing different types of music plus the orchestra in the theatre.

2. Do they have any good or decent or maybe better snack mixes, nuts, chips offered/provided in the bar areas? Complimentary or an added cost? There were snacks from time to time in the different bars, complimentary

3. Do most of the bars provide ice tea without added cost or is everything there at the bars only at added cost? I don't know if the bars have ice tea. I know the soda card works in bars.

4. Without doing the added cost at the Café al Bacio & Gelateria (am I correct that all of these items here are extra?), what are the options for ice cream, cookies, etc., during the non-dining hours on the ship (other than room service)?The pastries at Al Bacio are free. Theres an ice cream stand open with scooped ice cream, lots of toppings, etc. At the grill with the burgers, etc. there are coookies all day. There are snacks in the afternoon, cookies etc. in the buffet area. Check the daily paper for times. There always seems to be some type of food available.

Appreciate the great efforts and background for a first-timer. Keep it flowing as we are just a week away from our first sailing with Celebrity.

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our last July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now at 42,140 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Thanks everyone for the pointers! We are sailing on the Soltice this November and appreciate learning more about her before we sail. Any further posts will be appreciated.

Archived