Do cruise ships have irons?

aleighjc

We are going on a cruise on Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas. I'm wondering if cruise ships have ironing boards/irons? I hate wrinkly clothing and I think I read somewhere where they dont have them, and that steamers arn't allowed?

Irons are one of RCI's prohibited items. You may not bring one onboard, nor do they have self-serve laundry rooms where you can use one yourself. If you want something pressed, you can use their laundry service. There is a price list on the official website in the FAQ's.

People on these boards have reported good results with Downy Wrinkle Releaser. Also, you might try hanging your garments in the bathroom as you shower; the steam should loosen up some of the wrinkles.

Steamers are debatable; some have been confiscated, others have gotten theirs through. They are not on the banned list so take one if you feel you need to and hope it gets through.

Most cruise lines prohibit passengers bringing irons onboard. They are a fire hazzard. Those with passenger laundry facilities have irons in them that can be used with no charge. I don't know if Royal has them. If not the only other choice is to have them pressed by the laundry service.

We are going on a cruise on Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas. I'm wondering if cruise ships have ironing boards/irons? I hate wrinkly clothing and I think I read somewhere where they dont have them, and that steamers arn't allowed?

I was on The Brilliance of the seas last year and they were no irons there. However you could either send your clothing to be press for a fee or let the steam from hot water in the bathroom do the trick.

I swear by the Downey spray but we also roll our dressier clothes in tissue paper and that really helps with the wrinkles. Hang everything up as soon as you can and what is really bad, hang it in the bathroom while you shower so the steam releases some of the wrinkles.

No one will care that your clothes are a little wrinkly as chances are, theirs are too!

With RCI you chose one of the few cruise lines that has no self-service laundramats (with irons and ironing boards). Not only does RCI not have irons, but they strictly prohibit the use of travel irons on board. The only way to get something ironed is to send it out to the laundry (for a price). Perhaps in the future you might want to switch to a different line (such as Princess, HA, etc) that has self-service laundry facilities.

Hank

Irons are prohibited on RCCL. Downey Wrinkle release works great. I hate to iron at home and have no intention of ironing on vacation. Not being able to iron would never influence me to switch cruise lines. It would be like saying that some lines allow you to do your own cooking or you could get a room with a kitchenette to do your own cooking. I'm on vacation from cooking, ironing, making beds, etc.

Archived